Thread: My Kessel for his Karlsson

Dobber Sports Novice

Default My Kessel for his Karlsson

Points only, team in my signature below. As you can see I have pretty solid forward depth, but not the greatest of D situations potentially, plus I'd be getting an additional 2 years at the exact same cap hit. Obviously straight up I'm losing the trade by a few points, but I'm getting the best D in the league and the points will be pretty close in the end. Would you do it?

**Edit: Forgot to remove Pavelec from my signature, so really I have 1 starting goalie and question marks after that in a league that starts 2 goalies. The other manager will only do this deal straight up, won't be giving up anything else for Kessel.
    12 Team - Points only Salary Cap Auction league (50 mils cap, 20 man roster - 4 year max contracts) - 8F, 4D, 2G - $100 Buy In

F - Ovechkin (1 x 7.6m), Marchand (1 x 7.6m), Radulov (3 x 2.0m), Kuznetsov (1 x 2.0m), Gusev (2 x 1.9m), Galchenyuk (1 x 1.6m), Keller (2 x 1.0m), Point (2 x 0.9m), Palmieri (2 x 0.7m), Getzlaf (2 x 0.7m), Lindholm (1 x 0.5m)

D - Burns (1 x 10.0m), Krug (1 x 4.9m), Bouchard (4 x 1.2m), Weber (2 x 1.0m), Dumba (2 x 0.5m), Orlov (1 x 0.5m)

G - Vasilevskiy (4 x 2.4m), Grubauer (3 x 1.2m), Demko (4 x 0.5m)

Buyouts - Stralman (1 x 0.55m), Puljujarvi (1 x .65m)

Administrator

Default Re: My Kessel for his Karlsson

I'm into it. Karlsson outscores the average D by more than Kessel outscores the average forward. Feels like a net win.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: My Kessel for his Karlsson

Start 8F and 4D pts only and 2 extra years signed? I'd take the deal in your position. Other forwards can produce what Kessel does in that slot. No defender provides what Karlsson does from his.