Thread: Tomas Nosek

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Tomas Nosek

Hey, I took a jump on this guy in the last round of my minor draft as a long shot. Does anyone know how he has been doing in the rookie training tourney; also is there anyone out there a more learned about this guy? I have to make a cut in the next few weeks and I'm not sure if I want to drop JT Miller or Nosek. Any help or extra info would be greatly appreciated.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Tomas Nosek

Can't really answer your question about Nosek at current rookie camp/tournament but I do think that Miller is a far safer and closer option.

Dobber Sports Stud

While I would take JT Miller without question between the two, I am curious about Nosek too.

Dobber's Guide gives him a 10% chance of making the team this season which is reasonable, but no upside listed. At 22 yrs. old I think he will get some injury call-ups once he get acclimatized to North America playing for Grand Rapids and may progress quicker than some recent Detroit prospects ( not counting Mantha ). I know Jiri Fischer is very high on him and is one of the reasons he chose to sign with the Red Wings.

I am just not sure what his upside is- a two-way bottom sixer or the skill to be a top-sixer in a couple of years. Anyone have some insight?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Administrator

I'm thinking for the foreseeable future he will be a depth option at best for the Wings.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Scroll down to read George Malik's assessment of Nosek.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments...-prospects-3rd

You can see entries in the blog for each rookie tournament game where Nosek's performances are detailed.

But in short, he's looking good.

The 10% chance to make the team is 10% too much. He is not at all ready for the NHL. If there are any call-ups to Detroit, there are several players that are ahead of him.

His upside is probably as a good third liner or a second liner in a pinch. Detroit is too packed with talent now and in the next five years for Nosek to have a clear path to the top six.
    GO WINGS!