Thread: Last keeper advice!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Last keeper advice!!!

I'm really struggling with my last keeper this year. I have already traded Nyquist and Oshie for picks, so its down to Green or Barrie in my eyes as i just dont feel comfortable not keeping a dman. Barrie finished with the big boys in my league with 1.2 fppg last year and finished 23rd overal for dman playing only 64 games. Mike Green was well, Mike Green but something in my gut tells me he that he will return to a 55pt 15g dman if Trotz gives him the green light (no pun intended). Carlson is by far the superior dman overall but will never score 70pts IMO.

Backes and Crawford may seem like good 6th keepers but Backes is due for a decline as i dont see him repeating his (16.4% shot percentage) + the arrival of Statsny may or may not hurt his value. Crawford is good but just average in my league as he doesnt get enough shutouts - he finished 13th overall in Goalies.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Last keeper advice!!!

Look at trying to trader Duchene & a D for an upgrade on D. (Green may net more in a trade) - (Karlsonn, Subban types - may have to trade Getz)
    Why wouldn't you keep Crawford in this scoring system.
    I woulds be comfortable keeping either Green or Barrie
    You have some assets that you should either upgrade or get picks so they aren't wasted.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

You need a #1 G....I would keep Crawford except if you can draft easily another #1 G.....I think you can re-draft both Barrie and Green.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

12teams 6keepers and only start 1 goalie.. No way am I keeping a goalie outside of rask and Lundy.. Barrie or nyquist for me.. Oops. Nyquist is gone, wheeler then in his place for my choice between 2

Dobber Sports Novice

If Crawford finished 13th in your setup and it's a 12 teams league, there's a really good chance you won't find any better at the draft. Actually, I think you could end up worst.
    I think you need a goalie, so keep Crawford.
    If not, then Barrie. There's just too much risk with Green IMO
    Strategies, tips and tricks coming soon at www.smartfantasyhockey.com

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I should have prefaced that fact that only Rask and maybe Lundy will be kept this year. Goalies are easy to draft in my league an i have my 1st,and 2nd round picks available to draft one....