Thread: Help with keepers

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Help with keepers

Guys ( Sorry for the long post) i need help selecting my 5 keepers in my h2h point based league, we use cbssports, so positioning is different then usual.

10 teams, 15 active players (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G). 4 bench players( 1C,1RW, 1LW 1D). Keep 5 players.

Rules:

+/- Plus Minus 0.2 points
    A Assists 1 point
    BS Blocked Shots 0.1 points
    DG Defenseman Goals 0.25 points
    G Goals 1.5 points
    GA Goals Against -0.25 points
    GWG Game Winning Goals 1 point
    HT Hat Tricks 0.5 points
    Hits Hits 0.05 points
    Maj Majors 0.75 points
    OL Overtime Losses 0.5 points
    PIM Penalty Minutes 0.05 points
    S Saves 0.04 points
    SHG Short Handed Goals 1 point
    SHOG Shootout Goals 0.5 points
    SHOL Shootout Losses 0.5 points
    SO Shut Outs 2 points
    W Wins 2 points

My team from last year:

C: Stamkos
    C: Seguin
    C: Couture
    C: Little
    LW: Kunitz
    LW: Burns ( was LW i think next year he will be D)
    LW: Parise
    LW: Moulson
    RW: Callahan
    RW: Semin
    RW: Nishushkin
    RW: Stempniak
    D: Giordano
    D: Shattenkirk
    D: Yandle
    D: Green
    D: Krug
    G: Crawford
    G: Niemi

Keep 5, 4 of them are pretty easy: stamkos, seguin, kunitz, parise, but then it gets harder, rw is the weakest position in our league, but i dont have a legitimate rw keeper. So i need your help with my last keeper, Crawford? Couture? or even Nishushkin?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Help with keepers

That is tough. I do agree that Stamkos, Seguin, Kunitz are locks. Me personally I always keep a goalie unless they are abundant in your 1st round, which perhaps they are in a 10 man league, for me that locks Crawford.

So I have Stamkos, Seguin, Kunitz, Crawford and then 1 left. Parise is the easy choice however I really like Nichushkin's situation next season so if you do want a RW next season he's who I would roll with, keep both if you don't like keeping Crawford. My preference is to always keep 1 solid goalie.

Dobber Sports Veteran

10 teams keep 5.. Do not keep any of your goalies... Look at picking Allen or Gibson late in hopes they emerge.. Yandle is tough to not keep, but only 5, nope... Look at hedman or trouba in the draft for maybe a keeper... Keep 5 with 10 teams, tons of draft options.. I'm a gambler, I'm taking nish on that last spot. Most will say proven over potential (and I can't argue it ), I'm just digging that kid as a star and sometimes I take that chance

Dobber Sports Recruit

my issue is that i dont have a 1st round pick this year. I really like Nish, but with 10 teams league I feel like gambling and picking him up in the second round. As for yandle, hes not really strong in our format, since he doesn't hit or block shots, definitely not keeping him. I dont believe Crawford is a top 5 goalie, but a top 10 with a great team, thats what I'm having a hard time not selecting him, then not having a first round to pick up a good goalie.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sniper101 View Post
    my issue is that i dont have a 1st round pick this year. I really like Nish, but with 10 teams league I feel like gambling and picking him up in the second round. As for yandle, hes not really strong in our format, since he doesn't hit or block shots, definitely not keeping him. I dont believe Crawford is a top 5 goalie, but a top 10 with a great team, thats what I'm having a hard time not selecting him, then not having a first round to pick up a good goalie.
    In h2h goalies are not nearly as much as in a roto because of the volatility. It really sucks to not have that first ( I'd suggest not trading it ever again unless a stud keeper is coming back).. I'm still sticking with your four and nish... The rest of your team seems easily redraft able to me.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I know it wasn't my smartest trade, but I was going for the win and traded my 1st for Crawford and shattenkirk. I feel like in my league guys like okposo,wheeler and simmonds will go before Nish, in that matter I could draft him later. But thanks for you input, I'm really high on that kid too. I would rather keep on of my higher picks to draft a stud D, instead of a 2 tier goalie. That's why I'm leaning towards Crawford

Dobber Sports Wizard

With two goalies, I almost think you have to go with Crawford. If you keep another forward/dman and don't have a first rounder, you are likely using two of your first three picks on goalies.........if goalies are easy to redraft then my hunch is keep Couture.

Cheers.