Thread: DobberHockey Event, July 2014

I...am your father.

Default DobberHockey Event, July 2014

I had a fun time tonight. Lots of you came out, which was a surprise considering it was a Tuesday in July - but it shows you how crazy we all are about this fantasy hockey stuff.

The special guest ended up unable to make it because he was still stuck in a poker tournament (hockey celebrity one) that he had thought he would be done with.

Here are some pics

IMG_20140729_190353[1].jpg

Peter Harling, Darren Kennedy, Andrew Walker
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Default Re: DobberHockey Event, July 2014

IMG_20140729_190506[1].jpg

Justin Goldman saying 'cheers' to Dobber Nation!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

So who was the special guest supposed to be?

Looks like a lot of fun! Wish I could make it to one of these, but living Vancouver, WA USA makes it kinda hard haha.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

I...am your father.

More pics...

IMG_20140729_190439[1].jpg

Special guest was to be Matthew Barnaby, but he didn't get out of the hockey celebrity poker tourney in time to make it. It was known that this was a possibility, which was why I didn't just announce it outright in case it didn't happen.

Still a great time though. Good to finally meet Justin, good to talk hockey with some of the readers (three of them there were from the same league, so that was pretty cool hearing their stories)

I...am your father.

Dobber Sports Star

Sounds like a good tuesday to me!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sure would be nice ot know who's who in those pictures. Always amazes me when I'm finally able to put faces to names on here.

I"M NEVER EVEN CLOSE! lol

I...am your father.

The guy in the bottom picture with the goatee is Ed - you've seen him around the forum for sure. Great guy, and really knows his stuff

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    The guy in the bottom picture with the goatee is Ed - you've seen him around the forum for sure. Great guy, and really knows his stuff
    USer name = ED?

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Sure would be nice ot know who's who in those pictures. Always amazes me when I'm finally able to put faces to names on here.

I"M NEVER EVEN CLOSE! lol
    Agreed! Need usernames to faces haha

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    USer name = ED?
    Username: Ed.

I believe with the period at the end

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thanks for the updates Dobber.. I look forward to making one of these events in the future!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..