Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Century Club (beer shots)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: The Century Club (beer shots)

^Done it!
    OAC year of high school.
    Went snow-skiing in Northern Michigan with 3 buddies & 4 girls. So 8 co-eds in ski resort.
    We drank "wine coolers".
    I'm not proud that I played that game... but the girls were super tipsy... which was fun (though it went nowhere).

Still... end of that song, yes, it's ridiculous how many times he says it in a row.

Dobber Sports Star

I've done it a few times. Went to 111 once. I also tried it once with Big Bears (8%) - made it to about 70, ran out, and things got out of hand...

For what it's worth, I know it as 'Centurion'

'Edward 40 Hands' is another good one...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I remember 3-man!!. Used to come up with all sorts of clever stuff as the game went on. If memory serves, when we rolled doubles (doube 2's, double 6's etc ) the stakes went higher and we did some real off the wall stuff. Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I gave it a go twice while at University (Waterloo 1996-2001).

Best fun of "drinking games", I've ever had though... is playing a game called "3-Man", which is just a roll-two-dice game, but THE best cottage/lake or casual house party game.
    One person is the "Three-Man" and any time anybody rolls a 3 or multiple of 3, that person drinks. They also wear a funny hat.
    There's also rules when rolling a 5 or 7 or snake eyes (1-1) or something else.
    Especially making up rules like "No swearing", "No namecalling"... makes it really fun.
    Anybody that rolls a 1-2 for a "3", becomes the new "3-Man", has to wear the hat, and does a LOT of drinking for a short period of time. SO FUN!
    I yearn to play that game with old college buddies - except they are now so, so far away.

But yes... back to "Century Club".
    1. Lots of bread, pre-event (to soak).
    2. Take your shot on the minute, if you miss it... making up two can make you feel funny quickly.
    3. Peeing is OK, but you have to go and come back for the next shot - which is often humourous. (At one time, there was a guy that forget to... uh, tuck it back in.) LOL.

Good memories.
    70-something for me...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Great to go down memory lane and relive some of these times in your head. Great memories also developed from the 2am-3am trips with friends to Denny's or White Castle, or wherever we ended up drunk scarfing down some good greasy burgers!

Dobber Sports Star

I did it a long time ago. There was 4 of us, and surprisingly, 3 of us succeeded. We were all fairly heavy drinkers at the time. I wouldn't be able to do it now.

When I was in university, there was a pretty serious underground drinking club. It was called the "30 Beer Club". To get into it, you had to drink 30 bottles of beer in 3 hours, without throwing up. That's one beer every 6 minutes for 3 hours. Needless to say, it was a pretty exclusive club. I tried to get in twice, and got over 20 both times, but felt like I was forever away from 30, and I gave up both times feeling as though I wasn't even close. Keep in mind, that I am known as a guy who is able to put away a LOT of booze. Once, I drank 38 beers in a night, although it was over a 10 hour period. I once guzzled a 26 (750 ml) of Jack Daniels. That's guzzled. Cracked it and it was gone 10 seconds later. And one night, about a year ago, I drank a 40 (1.14 ml) of Crown Royal in about 6 hours, by myself. There were members of the 30 Beer Club, and they were heavy drinkers, but I never actually saw anybody successfully complete the challenge. The School Administrators shut down the club before I could try a third time (I would have failed), because the attempts started to send too many people to the hospital...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I think to get through this you need several factors

1. A regular heavy beer drinker. I was at the time - probably three nights a week, with 15 beers being one of them. That's why college is where it works the most for people.
    2. It helps if you're bigger. I don't think many 150 pounders could do it. I was 190 pounds at the time, so - check
    3. Plan ahead. Eat a couple hours beforehand but don't overeat. Drink milk, eat something with bread like a burger. I didn't do this.
    4. Don't drink beforehand. I didn't do this either - I had three beers before we started. The game was not planned in advance
    Success at least twice in college, back in late 80's, early 90's. I was that 150 pounder, and a heavy drinker... But I was in awesome shape cause I was on the swim team, wonder if that helped. We used to do the "hour of power" before heading out to parties a lot... Same idea but on 60 minutes, I had an ironman watch set to alarm every minute at shot time. The trick was to make yourself belch.. The first time we tried we used Dixie cups instead of shot glasses, that was a wall holding up night.

Dobber Sports Stud

I did it in university in 2009. Like Dobber said, it helps if you're bigger. I was about 200 at the time.

Also, bread doesn't "soak up" alcohol. Bread is useful in a sense because you have something in your stomach (better than nothing) and the carbs will spike your metabolism for a short amount of time to help get rid of alcohol. Meals that are high in protein and fats are much more beneficial as they give you sustained energy instead of just the spike that carbs do.

Similarly when you're combatting a rough hangover, nothing will cure you better than bacon/sausage and eggs. Take it to the bank.

Dobber Sports Genius

Topics are sparse here in Dobberville I see

Dobber should create the century club here. 100 posts in one day. Is it doable?
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I did it a long time ago. There was 4 of us, and surprisingly, 3 of us succeeded. We were all fairly heavy drinkers at the time. I wouldn't be able to do it now.

When I was in university, there was a pretty serious underground drinking club. It was called the "30 Beer Club". To get into it, you had to drink 30 bottles of beer in 3 hours, without throwing up. That's one beer every 6 minutes for 3 hours. Needless to say, it was a pretty exclusive club. I tried to get in twice, and got over 20 both times, but felt like I was forever away from 30, and I gave up both times feeling as though I wasn't even close. Keep in mind, that I am known as a guy who is able to put away a LOT of booze. Once, I drank 38 beers in a night, although it was over a 10 hour period. I once guzzled a 26 (750 ml) of Jack Daniels. That's guzzled. Cracked it and it was gone 10 seconds later. And one night, about a year ago, I drank a 40 (1.14 ml) of Crown Royal in about 6 hours, by myself. There were members of the 30 Beer Club, and they were heavy drinkers, but I never actually saw anybody successfully complete the challenge. The School Administrators shut down the club before I could try a third time (I would have failed), because the attempts started to send too many people to the hospital...

Rylant
    holy sh#t dude thats ridiculous.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    Your liver says thank you. Good God man!
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i've completed it a few times in college. there have definitely been some times where i did not complete it (i think i puked in the 20's once...but still continued and finished the game). the last few times i had to puke around the 70s...it's just too much beer in too little time causing me to bloat. in my prime i was able to finish all 100 without puking and go clubbing and still drink...ah the good ol times. cheapest way to get drunk haha.

if anyone wants to try an easier version, i think 60 shots in 60min is called power hour...or something like that.

some tips:

- eat well in advance (i.e at least a few hours so you have enough time to digest the food. one of my friends ate a pita half an hour before we started...lets just say puking beer is bad, puking beer and pita is disgusting haha).

- go with coors or something similar, you don't want to be drinking heavy beer when you're drinking that much in 90 minutes. even the slightest advantage can gain you extra bragging rights if you're the last one to puke. also, NEVER BE THE FIRST ONE TO PUKE. you will be shamed for at least a week, depending on how nice your friends are.

- there are a bunch of apps designed specifically for century club, they give a 1min countdown and give a warning sound when it's time to drink. there weren't really any apps when was doing it so we either just used a watch or itunes shuffle after 1min.

- pee with door open. if you have to pee for quite some time, you don't want your opponents to think you're puking.

that's all i can remember for now, good luck to those who are planning on trying it.

The Great One

I tried it once. I think I stopped at 55ish. I ate right before we tried it and I was so bloated. I actually tried making myself puke. Wasn't drunk or tipsy at this point, just couldn't continue.

Two guys made it to 96ish. Just when all of the beer was running out. They used the left over beer from all of the bottles around to try to make it to 100. Thats when one of the guys puked off the warm beer which of course made the other guy puke. To this day the second puker still blames the first puker for puking and ruining his quest to 100.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Me and my buddies have done it a few times. Normally pre-drinking or whatever. My only tip is definitely don't drink anything beforehand, if you are gonna do it plan to do it. Hardest part I found was the fullness/bloating, so you can try and combat that by using a lighter beer (we used some combination of Canadian/Kokanee) or even Bud/Coors Light.

Peng's mention of cabin drinking games, my favorite has always been Beersby. Super chill and relaxed. Googling the rules would be more effective than trying to explain it. Boat races are tough, I've always preferred flip cup (similar idea).

As for Rylant's 30 beer club, I've heard of it as well but never attempted it. I would probably use the same theory of using bud light to try and make it if I did. One of my friends tried and got to 28 before he passed out. He was upset when he eventually woke up lol.

Also a lot of fun is Beerio cart if you're just having a chill night with friends or pre-gaming before going out. It's just playing Mario cart, but you have to finish a full beer before you finish the race, and you can't drink and drive so you have to bring your car to a full stop before you drink. Lot of fun strategies come out of that.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    As for Rylant's 30 beer club, I've heard of it as well but never attempted it. I would probably use the same theory of using bud light to try and make it if I did. One of my friends tried and got to 28 before he passed out. He was upset when he eventually woke up lol.
    Ah I should have mentioned. One of the rules of the club I was trying to get into, was that your beer of choice had to be a 5% beer. I remember asking if I could do it with MGD and being told that because MGD is a 4.7 beer, you weren't able to use it to get in. I ended up using Kokanee once, and Canadian the other time. So, no light beer...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

30 beers... in 3 hours... good mercy, I can't say I've ever seen that.
    I had a couple friends that could drink 24 in a night.
    My best was 10-12.
    Thirty... wow... thirty, incredible.