View Poll Results: Maroon vs Namestikov

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maroon

    8 57.14%
  • Namestikov

    6 42.86%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Maroon vs Namestikov

  1. #1
    RangerFan's Avatar
    RangerFan is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Maroon vs Namestikov

    Who do you like in a dynasty league with G, A, PPP, PIM, SOG, SHP, +/- long term?

  2. #2
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    It's Namestnikov...but this isn't even a debate. Namestnikov all the way. Highly underrated prospect.
    Twitter: @TheHockeyHitman

  3. #3
    mounD's Avatar
    mounD is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,880
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    Basically all of your categories are offensive, SOG-driven statistics. I would choose Namestnikov here pretty easily actually.
    Pittsburgh Penguins -- NHLFL 2015-16 Champs
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Salary cap Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 5BN (IR) + 25 AHL + 10 juniors (60 total)
    G, A, PTS, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blk, FW // W, GAA, Saves, Sv%, SHO

    C: Stamkos, Backstrom, Eichel, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Simmonds, JvR, E.Kane, Galchenyuk
    RW: Carter, Draisaitl, Little, Williams, Jagr
    D: Byfuglien, OEL, Parayko, Theodore, Nurse, Petrovic
    G: Gibson, Allen, Vasilevskii

    Bench: Puljujarvi, Dvorak, Konecny, Aho, Ritchie, Kapanen // [Weber] Pouliot, Carrick, Miller, Koekkoek, Wideman, Johns

  4. #4
    27Blue's Avatar
    27Blue is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,785
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    I wouldn't say that it isn't even close.
    Namestnikov is likely underrated, but he also faces a lot of competition in TB for a roster spot now, and ice-time later...

    Maroon just got better and better as the year went on.
    From January through the playoffs the guy put up 31 points and 106 PIM in 46 games.
    That's a 55 Point, 189 PIM pace and he has become a fixture on the PP.
    He could turn out to be a similar or better fantasy player than Downie

    I don't see Namesnikov's realistic upside much higher than 55 points, anyways...
    and though I don't think Maroon is a 55 point player either, I would still take him and his multicat studliness over the young Russian.

  5. #5
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    I tried to break it down, and it looked like this: Nammy gets the edge in points (PP & even), but Maroon gets the edge in hits, BS, and the other peripheral categories. More importantly, Maroon gets the opportunity to play. Namestnikov is sitting lower on the depth chart in TB than he would on most teams, but he is still in TB.
    Bottleneckers
    20-team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Carry 20
    F: Stamkos, Tavares, Tarasenko, Giroux, Stepan, Simmonds, Hornqvist, Koivu, Okposo, McGinn, B. Ritchie, Marchessault, Caggiula
    D: Ekblad, Barrie, Byfuglien, Leddy, Skjei
    G: Gibson, Vasilevskiy

    Crosby's Kids
    5 team, H2H: points, PPP, BS, Hits, W, SO, Saves
    C: Crosby, Toews, Scheifele, Stepan, Krejci, Galchenyuk, Eichel
    LW: Hall, Forsberg, Lucic, Laine, Kreider
    RW: Tarasenko, Simmonds, Perry, Saad
    D: Subban, Burns, Doughty, Barrie, Seabrook, Rielly
    G: Schneider, Fleury, Murray, Budaj
    Inj: Quick

  6. #6
    RangerFan's Avatar
    RangerFan is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I tried to break it down, and it looked like this: Nammy gets the edge in points (PP & even), but Maroon gets the edge in hits, BS, and the other peripheral categories. More importantly, Maroon gets the opportunity to play. Namestnikov is sitting lower on the depth chart in TB than he would on most teams, but he is still in TB.
    I don't have hits or block shots as categories. You are right about opportunity for Namestikov.

  7. #7
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    I don't have hits or block shots as categories. You are right about opportunity for Namestikov.
    Ooops, sorry about that. I was reading between the lines I guess. Opportunity will still be the big deciding factor in this situation.
    Bottleneckers
    20-team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Carry 20
    F: Stamkos, Tavares, Tarasenko, Giroux, Stepan, Simmonds, Hornqvist, Koivu, Okposo, McGinn, B. Ritchie, Marchessault, Caggiula
    D: Ekblad, Barrie, Byfuglien, Leddy, Skjei
    G: Gibson, Vasilevskiy

    Crosby's Kids
    5 team, H2H: points, PPP, BS, Hits, W, SO, Saves
    C: Crosby, Toews, Scheifele, Stepan, Krejci, Galchenyuk, Eichel
    LW: Hall, Forsberg, Lucic, Laine, Kreider
    RW: Tarasenko, Simmonds, Perry, Saad
    D: Subban, Burns, Doughty, Barrie, Seabrook, Rielly
    G: Schneider, Fleury, Murray, Budaj
    Inj: Quick

  8. #8
    RangerFan's Avatar
    RangerFan is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I wouldn't say that it isn't even close.
    Namestnikov is likely underrated, but he also faces a lot of competition in TB for a roster spot now, and ice-time later...

    Maroon just got better and better as the year went on.
    From January through the playoffs the guy put up 31 points and 106 PIM in 46 games.
    That's a 55 Point, 189 PIM pace and he has become a fixture on the PP.
    He could turn out to be a similar or better fantasy player than Downie

    I don't see Namesnikov's realistic upside much higher than 55 points, anyways...
    and though I don't think Maroon is a 55 point player either, I would still take him and his multicat studliness over the young Russian.
    Thanks Blue! If I also get a 20th overall pick in 2015 draft (will also have leftovers from prior drafts), would that sway you at all?

  9. #9
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    Maroon please. Like what he's showing

  10. #10
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: Maroon vs Namestikov

    Given the categories I'll take Maroon.
    Send me a PM if you have any issues or requests for Frozen Pool!

    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Eastern Edge article archive

    Find me on Twitter for questions and chatter @DH_EricDaoust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •