Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

  1. #1
    mrgrieves's Avatar
    mrgrieves is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    Please see team in sig.

    I tried hard to acquire Bobby Ryan the past two seasons, now I am being offered him for one of my goalies. Would anyone give up a tender (Price/Varlamov/Rinne) for him? Since moving to Ottawa I am not really as excited about him even though he probably has more opportunity there than when he was in Anaheim. I don't think I can make the money this year so I am looking to improve my 10 keepers moving into next season. Usually I like to take two goalies and 8 skaters as keepers. I will also probably get Cam Ward in the deal but he is basically just someone to fill my bench slot.

    Thanks!
    10-team Limited Keeper League (Keep 10), Fantasy Points - 2015 Champion
    G(3), A(2.5), +/-(0.5), PIM(0.1), SHG(1), SHA(1), GWG(0.5), SOG(0.2), HIT(0.1), BLK(0.1); W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    C: Crosby, Backstrom, Brassard
    LW: Benn, Pacioretty, Landeskog
    RW: P. Kane, Hornqvist, Zuccarello
    D: Ekman-Larsson, Keith, Suter, Stralman, Spurgeon
    G: Dubnyk, Rinne
    Bench: Bjugstad, Perron, A. Lee, Namestnikov, Vrbata, Condon
    IR: D. Savard

  2. #2
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    i would not give up any of those goalies for Ryan personally
     
    6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

  3. #3
    SergeP's Avatar
    SergeP is online now
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    I agree with Lucifer. Ryan is one of those guys who has more sizzle than steak IMO. I wouldn't give any of your goalies, all of which are very good, up for Ryan, not even close.
    14 GM Dynasty
    Straight Points
    Daily Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

    F: Eichel, Mackinon, Tarasenko, E. Kane, Stamkos, Huberdeau, Yakupov, Pastrnak, RyJo, Jaskins, Tom Wilson, Markus Granlund, Nieto, Namestnikov, Connolly
    D: Larsson, Maatta, Krug, de Haan, Beaulieu, B. Smith, Shultz
    G Mrazek, Allen, Bernier, Markstrom
    Farm: Matthews, Kamenev, Trenin, O'Regan, Nick Schmaltz, Gustafson, Koekkoek, Morrow, Walman, Grubauer, Binnington, Hellberg

  4. #4
    Savages's Avatar
    Savages is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,978
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrieves View Post
    Please see team in sig.

    I tried hard to acquire Bobby Ryan the past two seasons, now I am being offered him for one of my goalies. Would anyone give up a tender (Price/Varlamov/Rinne) for him? Since moving to Ottawa I am not really as excited about him even though he probably has more opportunity there than when he was in Anaheim. I don't think I can make the money this year so I am looking to improve my 10 keepers moving into next season. Usually I like to take two goalies and 8 skaters as keepers. I will also probably get Cam Ward in the deal but he is basically just someone to fill my bench slot.

    Thanks!
    I own B Ryan and I am a huge Sens Fan. He always leaves you wanting more. I would be asking for way more then B.Ryan if I were moving ay of your goalies.
    Year 11 keeper pool. 10 man roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drfated if not activated.
    G,A,+/-Hits,blocks,PPG,PPA,SHP,W,GAA,Sv%,SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points)

    Centers: Tavares Kopitar Scheifele (coming up from my farm)

    Wings: Benn P.Kane Simmionds

    Defence: Karlsson Buff Josi

    Goalie: Quick Bishiop

    Farm: Coyle S. Bennett Scheifele 2016 #5 pick and Pick # 20

    2015 & 2016 BACK 2 BACK CHAMP!

  5. #5
    jcairns's Avatar
    jcairns is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,810
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Rep Power
    31

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    If you are looking to next season and won't be keeping Varlamov (as indicated by your signature), then feel free to go for him as it won't have implications for next year.

    That said, I don't see the benefit as he isn't a clear upgrade on any of your other keepers. In that league setup I also prefer Skinner to Ryan, so even if you acquired Ryan I'd put him as your 12th keeper. I also prefer Skinner to Moulson, but to each their own. If anything, I would look to package St. Louis with one of your better non-keepers to get a 70+ pt guy for the foreseeable future (depending on when you think you might be able to compete).

  6. #6
    Location
    Huntingdon, PA
    Rep Power
    9

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    Bobby needs this season to be over. If you can somehow get an owner to bite for one of those goalies, then by all means, do it. I just don't see how you can capitalize dealing Ryan right now when his value is so low.

  7. #7
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    Bobby needs this season to be over. If you can somehow get an owner to bite for one of those goalies, then by all means, do it. I just don't see how you can capitalize dealing Ryan right now when his value is so low.
    i don't think his value is going to increase to be honest with you, this is what he is

    like Stastny people need to realize that they are not going to be what they were at 21-22, the 25-26 year old players are what they likely are going forward
     
    6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

  8. #8
    Rep Power
    5

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    Looking at your team you are relatively set at forward. There is an argument for Ryan over either Moulson or Wheeler but the difference isn't massive IMO. You have 3 nice starters, and I'd prefer to see you parlay Varlamov plus say Pacioretty for a significant upgrade on defence (targeting one of the top options).
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

    Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

    You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

  9. #9
    Location
    Huntingdon, PA
    Rep Power
    9

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    Looking at your team you are relatively set at forward. There is an argument for Ryan over either Moulson or Wheeler but the difference isn't massive IMO. You have 3 nice starters, and I'd prefer to see you parlay Varlamov plus say Pacioretty for a significant upgrade on defence (targeting one of the top options).
    That's great advice. +1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •