Thread: Longoria trade

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Longoria trade

Folks Longoria and Hanley are on the market in my limited keeper league. I prefer Longoria since my team has lots of speed, but is he worth A-Ram and CJ Wilson? I was thinking of countering wih Hellickson instead of Wilson, but that might be lowballing. My team is currently horrendous in HR, Rbis and slugging, but runs, speed and pitching have been very good so far. Team and league details are in sign. Appreciate the comments.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by cmcreyno View Post
    Folks Longoria and Hanley are on the market in my limited keeper league. I prefer Longoria since my team has lots of speed, but is he worth A-Ram and CJ Wilson? I was thinking of countering wih Hellickson instead of Wilson, but that might be lowballing. My team is currently horrendous in HR, Rbis and slugging, but runs, speed and pitching have been very good so far. Team and league details are in sign. Appreciate the comments.
    He's my boy and my favorite player. All I can say is that if you can get the deal done, you're getting him at a tremendous value.

Dobber Sports Recruit

For sure try Hellickson first.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Would Wilson be too much? It would hurt my pitching, but I don't think it would cripple it. Thanks for the advice guys - very bard to know what A- Ram's value is for the year now that he is getting older. I want a good deal, but don't want to low-ball either.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Would Wilson be too much? It would hurt my pitching, but I don't think it would cripple it. Thanks for the advice guys - very bard to know what A- Ram's value is for the year now that he is getting older. I want a good deal, but don't want to low-ball either.
    I don't think so.

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Recruit

He is willing to throw Wandy Rodriguez and Brandon McCarthy back my way, or Neftali Feliz. Am I better off going with the two mediocre arms along with Longoria for A-Ram and Wilson, or go with Longo and Feliz for his upside and team strength?

Dobber Sports Recruit

He is willing to throw Wandy Rodriguez and Brandon McCarthy back my way, or Neftali Feliz. Am I better off going with the two mediocre arms along with Longoria for A-Ram and Wilson, or go with Longo and Feliz for his upside and team strength?
    I'd want Neftali Feliz, what is the trade now? You're getting Longoria and Feliz for what?

Dobber Sports Recruit

I give up A-Ram and Wilson for Longoria/Wandy/McCarthy, or Longoria/Feliz/McCarthy. Also option of A-Ram/Wilson/Murphy (NYM) for Longoria/Wandy/Feliz. We don't have waivers and Murphy is a useful backup at 2B.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I give up A-Ram and Wilson for Longoria/Wandy/McCarthy, or Longoria/Feliz/McCarthy. Also option of A-Ram/Wilson/Murphy (NYM) for Longoria/Wandy/Feliz. We don't have waivers and Murphy is a useful backup at 2B.
    Take Longoria/Feliz/McCarthy.

Nice job bud.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thank you sir - before I accept, curious why Feliz over Wandy other than obvious team factor. Is it just upside? Doesn't Feliz have a potential innings limit? Really appreciate the advice!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thank you sir - before I accept, curious why Feliz over Wandy other than obvious team factor. Is it just upside? Doesn't Feliz have a potential innings limit? Really appreciate the advice!
    Yeah, I really like the upside with Feliz. I'd rather go for the potentially higher reward than a solid guy like Wandy.

Dobber Sports Recruit

He is actually willing to agree to give me both Feliz and wandy along with Longoria for A-aram and Wilson. I am assuming I should go for the K's of Wandy over the whip of mccarthy, especially since McCarthy is a bit injury prone.

Dobber Sports Recruit

He just accepted A-Ram and Wilson for Longoria, Wandy and Feliz. Thanks again for all the advice.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ha! thats awesome for you.....a little late but you deserve the pat on the back
    Semi Keeper League, Points Only, Goalies 2 pt win 3 pt shutout.
    (Pre Auntion/Draft keepers)
    Wingers: Heatly, O'Sullivan, Gaborik (Restricted Free Agent), Okopso (Rookie Proteced)
    Centers: H.Sedin, J.Staal (Restricted Free Agent), Brassard (Rookie Protected)
    Defense: Burns, Whitney, E.J.
    Goalie: Open