Thread: trout for u jiminez

Default trout for u jiminez

standard cats, dynasty (so i get to keep these guys forever).

my team is deep in OF(start 3), heyward, both uptons, and maybin (also have wil myers and jesus montero wiating to get the call), and top heavy in SP (price, kershaw, stratsburg, neise, porcello, homer bailey and johan santana with jarrod parker and martin perez wiating).

Is this a trade worthwhile, or am i better off sitting on trout (unless he really is an elite bat he will have a hard time cracking my starting lineup) or take the mid rotion guy i need for him

Dobber Sports Rookie

Worth it I suppose, depends how deep the league is.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'd side with Trout as pitching is quite plentiful.

it is 12 teams, 30 roster spots each. So few managers but very deep rosters (we still only field 10 hitters so it is more of a deep bench than anything else).

Due to that here are comperable (well best SP and prospects ) for each guy on the FA list:
    SP- Derek Holland, Bronson Arroyo, Jeff Karstens, Rubby De La Rosa, Jordan Lyles (some journeymen arms with eras over 4.5 but those are the exciting names).
    OF prospects-Ben Revere, travis snider, jerry sands, Brandon Guyer, Yonder Alonso

The only prospects really owned are the blue chippers, but almost every SP that is even quasi decent is taken

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you have a relatively young outfield then yes, I'd still make the trade, but perhaps you can try and squeeze someone else if you're unsure about this.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

i countered with wil myers, trout, martin peres and jarrod parker for marcum and jiminez.

I think this would plug the biggest holes in my team (tail end of rotation), and allow me to gamble on snider, or more pitching prospects like Friedrich or Turner. I never posted this here, but my roster is:
    C- none
    1b- Fielder
    2b- kelly johnson
    3b- wright (DL) chipper jones filling in
    SS- hanley
    OF- upton, upton, heyward
    util- hosmer
    bench- maybin, jesus montero, mike trout, wil myers, dee gordon, yunel escobar
    SP- Price, kershaw, stratsburg(DL), neise, porcello, carassco, drabek, perez, parker, santana (dl), bailey (dl)
    RP- storen, madsen, adams, bard

i think my holes are C (none worth rostering right now), mid rotation (this trade would solve that), a 3rd closer (adams may get that role soon) and my hitters hit for a low average.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousjim View Post
    i countered with wil myers, trout, martin peres and jarrod parker for marcum and jiminez.

I think this would plug the biggest holes in my team (tail end of rotation), and allow me to gamble on snider, or more pitching prospects like Friedrich or Turner. I never posted this here, but my roster is:
    C- none
    1b- Fielder
    2b- kelly johnson
    3b- wright (DL) chipper jones filling in
    SS- hanley
    OF- upton, upton, heyward
    util- hosmer
    bench- maybin, jesus montero, mike trout, wil myers, dee gordon, yunel escobar
    SP- Price, kershaw, stratsburg(DL), neise, porcello, carassco, drabek, perez, parker, santana (dl), bailey (dl)
    RP- storen, madsen, adams, bard

i think my holes are C (none worth rostering right now), mid rotation (this trade would solve that), a 3rd closer (adams may get that role soon) and my hitters hit for a low average.
    I'd pull that offer back.

i ended up with an offer similar to that:
    wil myers, trout, rick porcello, martin perez and a 1st rounder next year (likely 2-5)
    for
    marcum, jiminez and a 1st rounder (likely #1 or #2).

I just do not think that trout and myers are worth the 50/50 chance they pan out. Martin perez is years away and was rough last year, and porcello even if the era and whip come around is still a contact pitcher with litte upside for k rate

Jiminez was great the past 2 years, and has been back to his usual self over the past month. Marcum has been lights out all year. I lose trout, but will be able to draft machado, rendon or some other high end prospet next year with that pick.

my hitters are already solid, and my SP now has kershaw, price, marcum, jiminez, stratsburg, neise and carrasco. this means i do not need to wiat around for santana or bailey to get better to compete.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousjim View Post
    i ended up with an offer similar to that:
    wil myers, trout, rick porcello, martin perez and a 1st rounder next year (likely 2-5)
    for
    marcum, jiminez and a 1st rounder (likely #1 or #2).

I just do not think that trout and myers are worth the 50/50 chance they pan out. Martin perez is years away and was rough last year, and porcello even if the era and whip come around is still a contact pitcher with litte upside for k rate

Jiminez was great the past 2 years, and has been back to his usual self over the past month. Marcum has been lights out all year. I lose trout, but will be able to draft machado, rendon or some other high end prospet next year with that pick.

my hitters are already solid, and my SP now has kershaw, price, marcum, jiminez, stratsburg, neise and carrasco. this means i do not need to wiat around for santana or bailey to get better to compete.
    That makes much more sense.