Thread: P.Mueller.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default P.Mueller.

What should we expect from him next season and the next three to four years after that? Is this kid going to be a star??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:P.Mueller.

I think a lot will have to do with how long they take to build a supporting cast for him.

He has shown in the WHL and International competition he has the tools to be a star.

I would say 60 points is possible in 07-08 as the number one center. Adding 10-15 points each year after that. He will probably max out around 85 points.

As a Muelletr ownwer, I might be abit biased, or at least wishful thinking.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You are saying that Mueller will start right away as a first line center? I would definitely like to see some facts about that. I don\'t know the guy well enough to say on which line he is going to play, but the thing I know is that PHX has plenty of centers that could do the job:
    Reinprecht (if not injured)
    Kaigodorov
    MacLean

And do you think that a production of 60 pts in a first season is realistic? While the best scorer of 06-07 was Shane Doan with 55 pts? The kid is promising, but he is no Backström.

Just like you Jets, I am deeply interested in Mueller, but I need the opinion of many people to take a decision! No offense.

Please guys, feed Jets and me with some advices.
    "Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable. - Conn Smythe

Keeper League Pts only / 9 G.M.
    F: Ovechkin, Kane, Backstrom, Elias, Roy, Stamkos
    D: Campbell, Chara, Souray
    G: Price, Pavelec
    Bench: Eriksson, Goligoski, , Vokoun, Hiller, Antropov

I...am your father.

I think 60 is about right. He has more offensive talent than Doan. He\'s big and strong and ready for the NHL.
    What makes Backstrom so much better fantasy-wise is Ovechkin. Otherwise, I\'d pretty much have them even.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

GoJetsGo wrote:
    I would say 60 points is possible in 07-08 as the number one center. Adding 10-15 points each year after that. He will probably max out around 85 points.
    I should have worded that differently. I should have said 60 points is possible if he earns the number one center spot. I didn\'t mean to imply that he had the spot, but speculation is that he has a really good shot at it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

with the goalies and d he will be facing in the west 60 pts is wishful thinking you should be happyu with 50 as he will need this year to get stronger and better, he is still developing.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

maxturcotte wrote:
    You are saying that Mueller will start right away as a first line center? I would definitely like to see some facts about that. I don\'t know the guy well enough to say on which line he is going to play, but the thing I know is that PHX has plenty of centers that could do the job:
    Reinprecht (if not injured)
    Kaigodorov
    MacLean

Whoa, not exactly a murderer\'s row of centers there. If Kaigordov and Maclean are considered candidates for the #1 center job then Phoeinx is worse off than I thought. York is probably in that mix too, but if Mueller\'s the real deal those guys should be pretty easy to beat out for the #1 job by midseason IMO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Plus they can move Reinprecht to LW to make a first line of Reinprecht-Mueller-Doan.

I would say York has the inside track on the 2nd line center, with Thomas on the RW. A good camp from Kaigorodov could earn him the spot and push York to third line.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Everything is pretty much clearer now.

Mueller has plenty of chances to take the no.1 center spot. Sounds like music to my ears since I earn the 4rth spot overall in my Keeper League.

So we seem to agree that he can reach 60 pts for the first year.

What\'s next?

I feel like the kid can fastly reach 90 points if PHX makes a pitch for better wingers. Until then, I fear that he will top at 70 pts.

What do you guys think?
    "Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable. - Conn Smythe

Keeper League Pts only / 9 G.M.
    F: Ovechkin, Kane, Backstrom, Elias, Roy, Stamkos
    D: Campbell, Chara, Souray
    G: Price, Pavelec
    Bench: Eriksson, Goligoski, , Vokoun, Hiller, Antropov

Dobber Sports Veteran

There aren\'t many guys who can predict with any certainty how a player will fit in the NHL. As a Mueller owner I would be jumping for joy if he got 60 in his rookie season. Last year three rookies got over 60 points. The year before that only one guy not named Crosby or Ovechkin broke the 60-point mark and that was called \'the year of the rookie.\' So I am setting my sights low/realistic at 45-50 points and calling anything beyond that a bonus.

I am hoping for a \'Vanek-like\' progression... Flashes of brilliance in his first year but average numbers followed by a monster second year.

Post edited by: reeveta, at: 2007/07/17 21:44

Dobber Sports Novice

I liked how Mueller played in the World Jr\'s. I haven\'t seen him play with Everett before though.

He has great size and huge numbers.

In my draft I want to take Mueller or Patrick Kane. But right now I\'m leaning towards Mueller b/c of his size. (even though he was hurt at the end of last season). Kane has amazing hands but he\'s tiny!

Who would you take with an early round pick? Mueller or Kane?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well I traded Sakic for Mueller, a 3rd round pick and a 12th round pick.
    Granted ours is a perpetual league with a cap system in place. I also had to choose between fitting Havlat or Sakic under our per-draft cap.

I have Backstrom, O\'Sullivan, Lombardi and now Mueller at centre. Besides no serious interest shown in trading for Havlat by the rest of the league.
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship