Page 91 of 234 FirstFirst ... 41 81 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    okay, so I'm going to marinate the brats for tomorrow instead. Which beer do I use? Pliny, Blind Pig, Bass, Summerfest by Sierra Nevada or Stella?
    I just saw this now and my cereal almost came up. Perhaps you were unaware that it is a major crime to marinate any meat product in world class beer? Glad to see the Blind Pig and Pliny are safe. Only spot for those two is belly or fridge.

Off to a big BBQ today at a buddy of mine who shares the love of good beer. I'll report back if we get into anything good.

Enjoy the long w/e!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Hey...never marinated brats before but sounds like a cool idea. Question: do you have to poke holes in the casing or is it porous enough on its own?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

Nah, I usually just stuff them in a ziploc for overnight, but alack, I was too tired and forgot to do it. So they'll just be normal brats now. lol
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Nah, I usually just stuff them in a ziploc for overnight, but alack, I was too tired and forgot to do it. So they'll just be normal brats now. lol
    lol...nothing wrong with that!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

Doesn't matter. I had 1 Stella and 2 Summerfest before I ate a brat and I'm talking in the time of like 15 minutes, and had two brat sandwiches with onions and bell pepper, and finished it all off with a Pliny. I'm pretty happy right now.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Wizard

Watching the Oregon Ducks game, drinking a Rogue Irish Lager. Good night.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Master

Doesn't matter. I had 1 Stella and 2 Summerfest before I ate a brat and I'm talking in the time of like 15 minutes, and had two brat sandwiches with onions and bell pepper, and finished it all off with a Pliny. I'm pretty happy right now.

Good times.

Dobber Sports Genius

It sure was my friend. I had a good night.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

It sure was my friend. I had a good night.
    Dude I hope ya don't mind but I am so following your lead. No brats but I have some chicken/feta sausage, a sixer of Hofbrau and just finished a pint of Delirium Tremens. Gonna do up the peppers and onions too.

Imitation is the best form of flattery, ya know.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Well lads, my beer is fermenting away. Now the wait begins. I can already hear it calling to me and it has only been in the fermenter for less than 24 hours. I have to wait maybe a couple weeks for it to stop fermenting, then I have to wait for it to bottle condition.... I believe my head may actually explode.

I am also considering the purchase of a baby video monitor. I'll point the monitor at the fermenter and broadcast to www. That way I can check in as see the temperature and if it its still fermenting. Funny thing is that I have two kids and never purchased a baby monitor for them. Too bad too as I would be all set up now...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well my frothy brothers (to borrow from NWO...), I've officially decided to make Belgium part of this trip. Way too many good beer offerings to pass up even though it's going to destroy my bank account.

I've been spoiled in the czech republic - pints of beer for $1.25. needless to say I've been taking advantage - have had gambrinus, master something-that-starts-with-a-p and 2 types of eggenberg thus far today.

The big Czech beers (Pilsner Urquell and Budvar Budweisser) are pretty meh to me but the dark beer Kozel makes is pretty damn tasty (not a typical dark beer at all - some decent flavor to it but it's light and smooth) and overall the czechs make some fine beers. Checking out the eggenberg brewery tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Master

The Czech Republic is deadly for beer. Soooo cheap. I didn't experiment much when I was there. Mostly stuck to the pilsners and lagers. Great stuff tho and a lovely place. Prague is one of my favorite cities ever.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Made another beer run to restock the fridge. Got a few of old favorites plus quite a few new ones.

Tried one of Blvd's new 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat beers. First impression was sort of, meh, but that's due to setting myself up for disappointment. I went in expecting a real hop-smack and it didn't pack the hoppiness I was anticipating. That was my mistake for not keeping an open mind. Just had this IPA meets wheat beer concoction in mind. On the plus side it's very drinkable and better than their Unfiltered Wheat, the kind of beer you'd just naturally grab while relaxing after work in the summer.

Had one called Dark Side Vanilla Porter from Empyrean. Really solid beer, but it's such a weird pairing, a not so subtle vanilla vying with the traditional chocolate and coffee flavor you get with porters. I liked it well enough, but I'm reserving final judgement until I have a couple more. I'll certainly be looking to try some of their other beers no matter what I decide about Dark Side.

Also had a bottle of Brother Thelonious from North Coast. Inspired by the jazz legend Thelonious Monk, and a portion of all sales from that beer go to the jazz institute that bears his name. Much like the Dark Side this one is hard to call after having just one. It's a strange mix of Dubbel, Brown Ale, and Pale Ale all rolled up into one. The flavor is kind of unique as far as the balance goes too. Kind of reminiscent of his style of piano playing, not always perfectly in sync with all the other elements, but good just the same.

The remaining new ones I haven't tried include, Sierra Nevada Tumbler, Blvd's Bob's 47 Oktoberfest, Weston Brewing's O'Malley's Festival Ale, Left Hand Smoke Jumper, Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout, Great Divide Belgian Style Yeti, and New Belgium Red Hoptober.

The O'Malley's Festival worries me a bit. I grabbed that on a whim, without having scoped it out of BA first, and well to be generous the reviews on there were not good. Downright bad would be a fair assessment of the reviews. Wish me luck on that one, I invested in a 6 pack of it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Very cool stuff. I've seen Brother Thelonious and was curious about it. Once you have it a second time let me know.

I've seen the SN Tumbler, but haven't had it, yet.

Well, I drank a ton of Leffe Blond the other night as my buddy brought it over and we watched Game of Thrones as he hasn't seen it, yet.

Also, next time he's going to bring over some Racer 5 IPA. He swears by it, so it'll be a fun one to try.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Another Recommendation

My handle says it all (by Beau's in Vanleek Hill).

Mainly available in the Ottawa area, but at LCBOs in Ontario. Well worth a try.

Sorry if it has been mentioned already but I didn't read throught he hundreds of threads!

LTL