Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: STEVE MASON.... REALLY??

Dobber Sports Pro

Default STEVE MASON.... REALLY??

so i just voted on the vezina poll on the main page. so far, STEVE MASON is winning on the dobber pool. STEVE MASON. really? i know the numbers point to it, but he SHOULD NOT win the vezina.

it would be a crime if he did. he should win the calder, but f*** me if that kid wins the vezina... thats total bs.

then again, lundqvist really blew his chance... this was his year to win it with marty and luongo going down.... he sucked it up so i guess its wide open

i just had to say something because reading all the things that i read about mason on this site make my head feel like its going to explode.

anyone agree? disagree? what are your thoughts?

i guess if its strictly a numbers game, mason is the favorite for it, but AHHH its just so frustrating to think that that kid could win it.

all i can say is whoever votes for the vezina, i sure as hell hope they dont use this website cause if they do we may be in trouble!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I wouldn\'t even give him the Calder, but I am not surprised he is winning the poll. He has great numbers, and has gotten a ton of hype (not undeserved, though).
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What\'s even more absurd is that Mason is the 4th ranked goalie on dobber\'s list? Really now? I\'m scared to ask what Leclaire was at last year. I thought that dobber\'s rankings were based on past and future performance as much as current performance.
    16 Team Salary Keeper (62M Maximum)
    Weekly Roster Changes

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHP,FOW,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

C - Malkin, Little BN - Josefson
    LW - Ovechkin, Sharp
    RW - Versteeg, Pacioretty BN - Stewart
    D - Byfuglien, Keith, Kronwall, Orlov
    Util - Hall
    G - Bryzgalov, Bobrovski
    Farm - Bernier, Neuvirth, Tarasenko, Ryan Murphy, McBain, P Larsen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i voted for tim thomas

praba wrote:
    i voted for tim thomas
    i hesitated but i voted for rinne...pretty much same stats, more SO with a much lesser team that maybe wont even do the playoff!
    Keeper 9 team, g/a =1pts 20 keeper on 23
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    Defense:Ryan Whitney, Mike Green, Jack Johson,
    , Drew Doughty
    Goalie:Carey Price

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thunderbay, you make a pretty strong argument, but don\'t suggest anyone else to win.

This has been the year of stud goalie injuries. Are you going to give it to Brodeur? No chance. Even though he\'s likely been the best when healthy, he missed too much time. Similar story with Luongo, and even Nabokov and Miller have missed a decent amount of time.

The strongest cases I think would be Thomas, although I think he is just a much a product of the Bruin\'s system as Mason is of the jackets (and that Mason doesn\'t have an offensive powerhouse team in front of him to me makes him more impressive, never mind more starts and shutouts); and Kipprusoff. I am not a fan of Kipprusoff, so my arguments against him are definitely biased, but I just can\'t see a guy with his peripherals (all his stats other than wins) being the best goalie in the league. To me, he seems like the guy that makes the saves when the flames need them most, but on some nights it seems like the win despite his play, not because of it, as can be argued for many of the Jackets wins IMO.

I\'m voting for Mason in the dobber poll. I think he\'s been more consistent than Leclaire was last year, and I think he\'s been the best goalie in the league this season.

Edit: I realize I didn\'t give much credit to Nik Backstrom, who I think has had a fantastic season. If he is not nominated, that is a crime, but I\'ve been blown away by Mason this season.

Rinne is good too :P
    Currently drafting keeper

12 team roto, daily lineups

G,A,PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Faceoff Wins

W, SO, GAA, SV%

C: Tavares, Zajac, Brassard, Filppula
    LW: Parise, Clowe, Penner, Bourque
    RW: Hemsky, Giroux, Alfredsson, Radulov
    D:Myers, Yandle, Carle
    G: Rinne, Ward, Gustavsson

Farm: Filatov, Hodgson, Wilson, Skinner, Grabner, Sbisa, Moore, Stepan

Dobber Sports Veteran

Why all the guys here continue to write that S.Mason is not real? Mason seams to be a next superstar goalie and not in 5 years, but now. If Columbus make the playoff this year, a big part will be because of Mason (and yes because of Nash and the coach system). So why he doesn\'t deserve the Vezina?

I draft Thomas in january instead of Mason. Today, instead of fighting for the first place, I am third, just because Thomas have 74 pts and Mason have 92 pts. Yes Mason will have some cold streak, but what about Turco and Lundqvist this year?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Teams are starting to pick apart Mason\'s vulnerability (glove side high). Like a pitcher in baseball, often is is important to see how teams handle him the second time around after any adjustments are made.

I like Mason and think he will be a legitimate star goalie but besides the shutouts (which are a very overrated stat besides fantasy significance), there are other goalies who have had more impressive campaigns.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Veteran

Do you think that Mason will be out of the top 10 next season?

I\'m considering drafting him before Brodeur(getting old) or Ward. I will have the summer to think about it tough.
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

berni67 wrote:
    Why all the guys here continue to write that S.Mason is not real? Mason seams to be a next superstar goalie and not in 5 years, but now. If Columbus make the playoff this year, a big part will be because of Mason (and yes because of Nash and the coach system). So why he doesn\'t deserve the Vezina?

I draft Thomas in january instead of Mason. Today, instead of fighting for the first place, I am third, just because Thomas have 74 pts and Mason have 92 pts. Yes Mason will have some cold streak, but what about Turco and Lundqvist this year?
    he has the exact same stats leclair had last year!!! i thinks thats why!

edit well he will play 5-9 game more +/-!!
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    , Drew Doughty

berni67 wrote:
    Do you think that Mason will be out of the top 10 next season?

I\'m considering drafting him before Brodeur(getting old) or Ward. I will have the summer to think about it tough.
    keeper league or 1 year...

even keeper league...it depends where you are!! trading brodeur to a contending team can be huge for you!!
    , Drew Doughty

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn\'t draft him before Brodeur. You know what you\'re getting from Marty, even though he is getting up there in age. He\'ll start 60-70 games, win 35-40 of them, and get 5-8 shutouts.

While Mason could easily do the same, Marty\'s been doing it year in and year out while the possibility still exists that Mason will fall off a bit next year.
    Call me crazy, but I wouldn\'t be surprised either if Ward posts similar numbers to Mason next year. He\'s been great the second half and it looks like now at the age of 25 (his prime) he\'s beginning to solve the issues he had with consistency.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Banned

kiprusoff anyone???

Dobber Sports Veteran

Soyeux25 wrote:

keeper league or 1 year...

even keeper league...it depends where you are!! trading brodeur to a contending team can be huge for you!!
    Keeper, and next year I want to contend for the first place. It will be the first time in four years that I will be competitive.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How about Cam Ward? His numbers aren\'t quite as impressive as Mason\'s or Thomas\', but they\'re pretty good (esp. save % which is pretty much equal to Mason\'s) - and he could conceivably win 40 games. Not to mention, his team has been inconsistent and is certainly not a defensive powerhouse like Boston or Columbus.