Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

I forgot to mention, The Babylon Bee is a satire site...like The Onion.

Trump retweeted, and commented on, a satire website thinking it was real news.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

So, regardless of who wins in November, or what happens, how does the USA move forward with two sides that clearly hate each other?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I found it odd you wouldn't put up the actual tweet. So then I find out it was actually a retweet of something written by someone else.
    Which is quite different.
    Which confirms you are fake news too.
    Mic drop, indeed.
    So you're admitting that the POtuS retweets known bullshit. We already know this. No different than saying it himself. Unless of course he is just working harder to divide America.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Excusing somebody’s shitty behaviour on the grounds that somebody on the other side also does it, is absurd. Whataboutism is ridiculous. “Ya, but what about the lying, stealing, crookedness on the left?” What about it? We are talking about Trump and his shady character. People on the left who are lying, stealing and murdering are shitty people, too. It doesn’t help your case and it is just an attempt to deflect.

Rylant
    Which is what Trump does continuously. Like last night, when asked about QAnon, he claimed he doesn't know them (yes, the POTUS doesn't know a group labeled by the FBI as a domestic terrorist threat folks), then immediately brought up ANTIFA.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    So, regardless of who wins in November, or what happens, how does the USA move forward with two sides that clearly hate each other?
    Unlike politicians and those who will never forgive anyone for anything, MOST Americans would go next door and help their neighbor regardless of what lawn signs they have outside. If that’s not you, I’m sorry for you and your neighbors.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Unlike politicians and those who will never forgive anyone for anything, MOST Americans would go next door and help their neighbor regardless of what lawn signs they have outside. If that’s not you, I’m sorry for you and your neighbors.
    I don't even live in the USA. I am speaking an someone watching from the outside. How do you think the USA is going to move forward after the election, regardless of the outcome? How do they start to heal the massive schism between two increasingly polarized sides?

Dobber Sports Padawan

The best thing ever is how the left desperately wants the Biden corruption story to fade away (it won't).
    Some say it's been "debunked" (it hasn't been), while big tech blocks the stories from circulating (but will gleefully circulate POTUS tax information that was obtained illegally from anonymous sources - lol).

Biden is on CAMERA admitting to his own corruption. The most obvious conflict of interest I've ever witnessed in politics. Except maybe Trudeau and WE.

"Debunk" this:

Dobber Sports Pro

The most obvious conflict of interest I've ever witnessed in politics. Except maybe Trudeau and WE.
    Then you have some serious political blinders on and a very short memory. Trump Co. charging taxpayers or accepting reservations from political players for empty rooms at his resorts and hotels for one:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...y-rooms-016763

BTW how long do you think you can post in this thread while continuing to ignore my election challenge to you? Man up or you continue to look like a chicken.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Then you have some serious political blinders on and a very short memory. Trump Co. charging taxpayers or accepting reservations from political players for empty rooms at his resorts and hotels for one:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...y-rooms-016763

BTW how long do you think you can post in this thread while continuing to ignore my election challenge to you? Man up or you continue to look like a chicken.
    Considering half of his post total is probably within this thread, I'm not sure the challenge matters. This is the reason he's here. If that reason disappears....
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

BTW how long do you think you can post in this thread while continuing to ignore my election challenge to you? Man up or you continue to look like a chicken.[/QUOTE]

I honestly wish you’d withdraw this challenge. (It wasn’t aimed at me anyway.) In the discussion of “how do we heal,” playing fantasy hockey only with those who we politically agree with?? Not a good start. Being civil in spite of differences would be better.

Here’s an offer: regardless of who wins, I won’t either gloat nor whine. Can you do the same?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't even live in the USA. I am speaking an someone watching from the outside. How do you think the USA is going to move forward after the election, regardless of the outcome? How do they start to heal the massive schism between two increasingly polarized sides?
    I think the divide (at least in terms of political candidates and discussions) lessens quickly. And that's kinda sad. The worst part of the last 3 years is that it's exposed the spinelessness of so many in office (and I'll acknowledge that it happens on both sides--but it's been so exposed in the GOP by Trump). There shouldn't be two parties--there should be several. The GOP is stuck standing with POTUS because he's got their party name tied to him. There are a LOT of GOP politicians that are just sitting tight (quietly) and waiting for this to be over. They'll quickly try to argue they were never Trumpers throughout, or they'll just avoid the discussion and get back to being post-Trump Republicans without acknowledging he was ever there. It's just sad they haven't spoken out (for fear of the fact he might win or his followers might pull their support) against some of his bullsh*t.

Sasse in Nebraska just now comes out against Trump. Where was this the last 3 years? Safer to call the man out now when he's polling as a non-factor. https://www.wsj.com/articles/republi...cs-11602811020 Better late than never I suppose, but....
    Others are still waiting: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/polit...ion/index.html

Those willing to take a stand early risked losing their political careers (or they had already ended them): McCain, Romney, Amash.
    The rest are trying to have it both ways.

Trump represents them all in a much more overt way. He's unwilling to criticize QAnon or the Proud Boys because they vote for him. He won't sacrifice those votes to do what's right (and that's me giving him credit--I hope he does realize it's not right, but is such a transactional piece of trash that he'll accept wrong in order to win). Sadly, many in the party are doing the same thing more quietly. They're politically banking on Trump disappearing--then they can proudly stand by the Party again once it's lost it's embarrassing face.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I personally hope the Hunter Biden stuff doesn't go away. All it's done is prove that Drumpf is once again accepting Russian interference in the election, which again, is illegal, but it's also shown that Drumpf is more willing to listen to Russia (even if what they give him is intentionally fabricated) than listen to his own intelligence agencies, who warned him Guiliani was a Russian puppet and was definitely going to feed him false information lol.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Considering half of his post total is probably within this thread, I'm not sure the challenge matters. This is the reason he's here. If that reason disappears....
    Like I wrote before - if you guys would STOP CREATING threads like this, and if you would STOP REVIVING threads like this after they've been dormant, I would post only in the hockey-only threads.
    But you guys can't help yourselves. You're addicted to your hatred for President Trump. And it's sad.
    And I'm forced to counter your lies/exaggerations.

Dobber Sports Star

You're addicted to your hatred for President Trump. And it's sad.
    From our perspective it's not sad, it's necessary. He's terrible for humanity and has to be stopped. You're relentless need to defend him is sad.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly
    You're addicted to your hatred for President Trump. And it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    From our perspective it's not sad, it's necessary. He's terrible for humanity and has to be stopped. You're relentless need to defend him is sad.
    LOL, so to summarize:
    a) You just admitted you hate him and
    b) You just admitted you're addicted to that hatred.