Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2022 DobberBaseball League

My condolences again and apologies I've sent so many messages during this tough time.

Dobber Sports Immortal

FYI stevegamer left a great list which I should be able to use for at least the next 3-4 picks.

Dobber Sports Titan

Another FYI we're making peoples picks based off O-Rank after 10hrs of inactivity. The 10hr mark is 7:30pm tonight for moving forward.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Let's discuss in here vs the draft chat.

Rogers was already picked. I understand wanting to go back on Mahle but then what does that mean if someone else wanted Mahle after your pick?

Dobber Sports Titan

After warnings in the chat page, and attempts to ask for a list and notice of auto-picks as a possibility...we have a speed bump.

It was multiple hours. And then we would have waited to what now for the next pick? Nevertheless Mavericks doesn't want the Mahle pick, but since he was removed from the board and other GMs made picks after without the option of Mahle, I can ruthlessly say "oh well". But I don't know how the group wants to move forward with this. So I'm letting the group weigh in:

1. Let Mavericks make the pick now
    2. Say "oh well"
    3. Restart from his auto-pick

I will leave this as the last and only warning for everyone. We can't be doing this every time.

Please leave a list of peoples names, we are so far behind the pace after 28+hrs between Mavericks 2 picks there.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not interested in walking it back to that pick. We can't look at team needs and assume who he'd want. The logical thing to do is exactly what happened. That's why we asked for lists. I can appreciate his predicament, and I realize this fantasy baseball draft and league probably wasn't a priority for him, but we couldn't just wait either.

Also, he says Roger's would have been his pick but Roger's went the round before Mahle so it wouldn't have been an option.

Not to sound cold hearted but I say oh well and we continue. That's me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm not interested in walking it back to that pick. We can't look at team needs and assume who he'd want. The logical thing to do is exactly what happened. That's why we asked for lists. I can appreciate his predicament, and I realize this fantasy baseball draft and league probably wasn't a priority for him, but we couldn't just wait either.

Not to sound cold hearted but I say oh well and we continue. That's me.
    Agreed. Sorry Maverick. If those were who you wanted it could have been provided as a list.

I understand the very crappy situation but our goal is to finish the draft. Because there has been a major bottle neck in the middle of the rounds we've had to make a call.

We sent multiple requests for lists and sent an update with the 10 hour rule going forward.

Had this been earlier in the draft or if had more time then maybe things would be different. But half the players after round 10 will probably be dropped anyway lol.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not to mention that we have had little communication from stevegamer as well....had I known he was going to login this morning and immediately make a pick and send a big list then maybe we could have waited.

But ya....no communication.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Agreed. Sorry Maverick. If those were who you wanted it could have been provided as a list.

I understand the very crappy situation but our goal is to finish the draft. Because there has been a major bottle neck in the middle of the rounds we've had to make a call.

We sent multiple requests for lists and sent an update with the 10 hour rule going forward.

Had this been earlier in the draft or if had more time then maybe things would be different. But half the players after round 10 will probably be dropped anyway lol.
    Ten hours, I was sleeping post a funeral and had my devices off. I actually post event and pre family celebration managed to get pics in

My proposed fix wouldnt cause disruption or be hard to change in lieu of Mahle I would have Taylor Rogers an Rp which only disrupts one pick... everyone else would keep who they liked. Why would I not be able to have him in lieu and the other individual have a consiliary pick?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    Ten hours, I was sleeping post a funeral and had my devices off. I actually post event and pre family celebration managed to get pics in

My proposed fix wouldnt cause disruption or be hard to change in lieu of Mahle I would have Taylor Rogers an Rp which only disrupts one pick... everyone else would keep who they liked. Why would I not be able to have him in lieu and the other individual have a consiliary pick?
    Rogers was taken before the Mahle auto pick.

- - - Updated - - -

15.8 - Kofax - Taylor Rogers

Dobber Sports Titan

And 6 pitchers were picked after Mahle. So 6 people have a legit argument they wanted Mahle.

It was also closer to what, 15hrs between picks. 5extra hours past the proposed time limit. 5:23pm - 8:28am

Like I've said, this is the only time I would say we have this discussion of a resolution. Because yet again we're burning daylight here. But it was all discussed before, extra time was given, and it sounds like a few players were in mind so a list could have been given. It's a shitty thing that's happened but like....we need to get through this.

The Wolverine

Let's not make a big deal of this - we're in the later rounds - so my suggestion is that the other player Mavericks mentioned in the other thread was Renfroe (since Rogers is taken), and swap with Mahle. If others afterwards would've picked Mahle, meh it's not like it's a superstar. What's happened has happened. I suggest publicly announce the swap and move on.

The Wolverine

List sent to HR for my picks (both please - didn't specifically mention).

(For the record, Mahle is on it in case the swap is made. You can also confirm with HR that Mahle was on an earlier list of mine and I got someone else instead.)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Let's not make a big deal of this - we're in the later rounds - so my suggestion is that the other player Mavericks mentioned in the other thread was Renfroe (since Rogers is taken), and swap with Mahle. If others afterwards would've picked Mahle, meh it's not like it's a superstar. What's happened has happened. I suggest publicly announce the swap and move on.
    That would be a disadvantage to everyone else who picked. No he's not a superstar but my short list was Lopez-Mahle-Gilbert.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Rogers was taken before the Mahle auto pick.

- - - Updated - - -

15.8 - Kofax - Taylor Rogers
    If thats the case can I drop mahle and pick twice now to correct for it?