Thread: How to Get Yahoo to Allow Player/Pick Trades Before Draft in a Keeper? REP!

Dobber Sports Pro

Question How to Get Yahoo to Allow Player/Pick Trades Before Draft in a Keeper? REP!

I'm commish in a Yahoo keeper league and a couple trades were agreed upon yesterday. However when I try to enter a trade (or even propose one) it says I can't, since the draft hasn't happened yet. I can't wait until after the draft, since the whole point of the trades is to swap keepers and draft picks! Does anyone know how to help me out with this? Thanks!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: How to Get Yahoo to Allow Player/Pick Trades Before Draft in a Keeper? REP!

Not sure if possible. To accommodate player trades our comish has manually dropped players from team A and manually moved player to team B. Not sure if possible with picks though.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: How to Get Yahoo to Allow Player/Pick Trades Before Draft in a Keeper? REP!

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post
    Not sure if possible. To accommodate player trades our comish has manually dropped players from team A and manually moved player to team B. Not sure if possible with picks though.
    I was wondering if that's what I might have to do. Not a big deal, as it's not a load of trades, but I was hoping for an more legit option, haha. I believe I can do the same thing for picks as well.
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

G - Vasilevskiy
    B -

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    I was wondering if that's what I might have to do. Not a big deal, as it's not a load of trades, but I was hoping for an more legit option, haha. I believe I can do the same thing for picks as well.
    Just tried with picks, and it won't let me until I've finalized the team list. Might have one GM switch, so I'm hold for now.
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

G - Vasilevskiy
    B -

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yahoo does not allow the trading of draft picks. If you are in a keeper league you should move it to fantrax it is far and away the best site for keeper sports not much you can’t do there. They even allow trading of picks up to seven years in advance and picks can be traded for just players and other picks and can be uneven in the picks swapping teams. Do yourself and your league a favour and make the move to fantrax your league will thank you I promise. I will note that it does have free options it will likely be a paid league for keeeper settings but should only cost each manager a few dollars a year and it is worth multiple times that for what they offer, plus they are a small company that can be supported and they destroy the big guys.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Big Daddy

Bare with me as this maybe hard to explain via text...

You have to enter every player swap manually and individually.

Step 1: Click Commissioner tab > Manage Other Teams > Edit Rosters > Drop Player (from team the player is being traded from)
    Step 2: Click Commissioner tab > Manage Other Teams > Edit Rosters > Add Player (from pull down menu - to team he was traded to)

Do this for every player that has been traded.

For draft picks trades....

Click Draft tab > Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tab > Pull down menu to select round you want to edit > Pull down menu to switch the team of that particular round > Click submit once all necessary moves are made
    Yahoo will not let you advance if teams do not have equal amount of draft picks so it is a good error prevention tool.

If you have any other questions you can PM. I commissioner a keeper league and yahoo isn't user friendly when it comes to keeper settings. Other than that it is a great platform.

And queue all the Fantrax fanboys in 3...2...1...
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks! Super helpful. I can't do it until after I've finalized the team list officially, but at that point it'll be easy. You rock! REP left for all I could.

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Bare with me as this maybe hard to explain via text...

You have to enter every player swap manually and individually.

Step 1: Click Commissioner tab > Manage Other Teams > Edit Rosters > Drop Player (from team the player is being traded from)
    Step 2: Click Commissioner tab > Manage Other Teams > Edit Rosters > Add Player (from pull down menu - to team he was traded to)

Do this for every player that has been traded.

For draft picks trades....

Click Draft tab > Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tab > Pull down menu to select round you want to edit > Pull down menu to switch the team of that particular round > Click submit once all necessary moves are made
    Yahoo will not let you advance if teams do not have equal amount of draft picks so it is a good error prevention tool.

If you have any other questions you can PM. I commissioner a keeper league and yahoo isn't user friendly when it comes to keeper settings. Other than that it is a great platform.

And queue all the Fantrax fanboys in 3...2...1...
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

G - Vasilevskiy
    B -

Dobber Sports Genius

[serious]

Can someone explain to me why Yahoo is a better platform than Fantrax? My main leagues have been in Fantrax for the last few years and have also been in a one year league on Yahoo, so I have seen them both. I don't have a strong opinion either way, as the time spent in Yahoo was minimal is a very simple league. I'm more curious what is the draw to Yahoo.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    [serious]

Can someone explain to me why Yahoo is a better platform than Fantrax? My main leagues have been in Fantrax for the last few years and have also been in a one year league on Yahoo, so I have seen them both. I don't have a strong opinion either way, as the time spent in Yahoo was minimal is a very simple league. I'm more curious what is the draw to Yahoo.
    I've done both a bit, and the only issues I have with Fantrax are: 1) Far too expensive for my liking, 2) No "start active players" button, which creates annoying and tedious daily work, and 3) no good app. #3 was what made the GM's in my league want to stay with Yahoo.

The issues I have with Yahoo are: 1) Not available all year, 2) Sometimes annoying little things like what started this thread, and 3) No real customer service, since it's free.
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

G - Vasilevskiy
    B -

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    I've done both a bit, and the only issues I have with Fantrax are: 1) Far too expensive for my liking, 2) No "start active players" button, which creates annoying and tedious daily work, and 3) no good app. #3 was what made the GM's in my league want to stay with Yahoo.

The issues I have with Yahoo are: 1) Not available all year, 2) Sometimes annoying little things like what started this thread, and 3) No real customer service, since it's free.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This is the exact answer I was looking for.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"