Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1469

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Ah cancel culture, or otherwise known as "consequences for your actions"
    Otherwise known as "people with too much time on their hands and are miserable with their own lives, so lets dig as deep as possible to try and ruin other people's"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Otherwise known as "people with too much time on their hands and are miserable with their own lives, so lets dig as deep as possible to try and ruin other people's"
    Oh no! Did he get his life ruined by having some people on twitter make mean comments? Poor guy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Public figure makes public comments using a private service about a topic that is clearly controversial.

Gets upset when members of the public use that same private service to make public comments back to them.

Yup, totally logical.

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh no! Did he get his life ruined by having some people on twitter make mean comments? Poor guy.
    That's snowflake mentality. But won't be called it by the same people who call others snowflakes.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ah cancel culture, or otherwise known as "consequences for your actions"
    If only cancel culture or 'consequences for your actions' was for people that live on both sides of the tracks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If only cancel culture or 'consequences for your actions' was for people that live on both sides of the tracks.
    It is, it's just that one "side of the tracks" doesn't act like an infant any time they are given those consequences.

It is, it's just that one "side of the tracks" doesn't act like an infant any time they are given those consequences.
    I can count numerous times that those on a certain side of the tracks have not been cancelled.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

He donated to a cause he supported, and people chose to become investigators cross referencing names and occupations to try and "out" him and many other people. Just like the officers of the OPS & OPP the media wanted to scrutinize for the donations they made.

Who knows, Trudeau might freeze his accounts now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I can count numerous times that those on a certain side of the tracks have not been cancelled.
    Maybe you're bad at counting.

Maybe you're bad at counting.
    Maybe you have a bad memory?

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

He donated to a cause he supported, and people chose to become investigators cross referencing names and occupations to try and "out" him and many other people. Just like the officers of the OPS & OPP the media wanted to scrutinize for the donations they made.

Who knows, Trudeau might freeze his accounts now.
    This is just a guess, but the donation lists of GoFundMe and GoSendFunds (or whatever that other one is) were hacked and released. Someone could easily have just known Statsny owns Walnuts LLC without digging into each one.

Or could be people are just going through each one to show what businesses and owners donated to it. Which...I dunno, I don't think it's an issue. If people are upset and you lose more business than you gain then that's on you.

This stuff happens all the time for businesses on a smaller scale and more individual actions. Business takes an action and some people get mad at it. Toronto Zoo is continuing the vaccination passport and people are calling for them to be cancelled. Collective Arts is the same thing (as they are on federal land so they have to) and they are getting backlash.

It's not out of the ordinary businesses get 'consequences' (right or wrong) based on actions they take. LCBO is losing a ton of money on inventory with not selling Russian Vodka. Consequence for a stance they are taking.

I don't get why people are getting so heated on this. He knew the protest was illegal on some level on Feb2nd (when he donated) and at that time he saw the wrong flags being waved. He chose not to withdrawal the donation (which you can), now he's getting questioned over it. If he loses business, sponsors, work opportunities I think that's on him. It's not like these level of consequences aren't new for corporations. You saw it with BLM and with Donald Trumps re-election donation list.

Gotta be careful what you do when you donate to any cause, let alone polarizing causes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nope.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I guess I should cancel my donation to help Ukraine in fear that my bank account will be froze or Russian spies are coming to assassinate me.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I guess I should cancel my donation to help Ukraine in fear that my bank account will be froze or Russian spies are coming to assassinate me.
    Yes, that is a conclusion that a completely reasonable person would come to.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's a risk. And you make that decision on your own.

If you get called out for some reason, be ready to defend it. That's how any stance should be. If you support it, support it when called out right? Or am I wrong?