Page 58 of 132 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

My god I feel bad for that Dr Fauci. I wonder how long before Trump replaces him with someone who else who is more of a yes-man.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Least with Trudeau you don't need to check Twitter an hour after a press conference to see what he's back-pedaling on already.
    Back pedal vs back-bone vs backing down? Did he backpedal or back down just a few days ago?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Back pedal vs back-bone vs backing down? Did he backpedal or back down just a few days ago?
    He used diplomacy & common sense.
    What happens when you get into a pissing match with Trump?
    Does Canada need our Prime Minister to get into a war of words with him right now?

We all know how Trumps ego will react to counter-sanctions from Canada.

Big picture thinking... we all know someone you have to speak to differently than their other co-workers, family or friends... right?

Trudeau would have had to come out and said - we're going to do A, B, C in retaliation to US in order to back-pedal or back down?

I didn't vote for Trudeau.. but I realize he can't puff his chest in Trumps direction right now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

BC wines don't ship to Alberta anymore... Neither do BC craft beers.
    all because BC doesn't want the pipeline... such a bad word out here.
    Is that still a thing? I had assumed that they had eased those restrictions a while ago but didn't really follow along with it.

I've been awfully happy with Canadian leadership overall. Not perfect, but one of the best in the world in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Is that still a thing? I had assumed that they had eased those restrictions a while ago but didn't really follow along with it.

I've been awfully happy with Canadian leadership overall. Not perfect, but one of the best in the world in my opinion.
    A friend of mine owns a local brewery. he has his beer in SK & MB. as of Jan. he was still unable to distribute to AB. Nothing has changed much since then.

I didn't vote for Trudeau.. but I realize he can't puff his chest in Trumps direction right now.
    I realize he can't puff his chest at Trump either... but why start to puff your chest and then back down. It makes him appear weak.

He should have just ignored it... but instead he warned Trump... and then back down from his warning.

Either stick to your warning or ignore... but don't make a false threat... it makes you look weak... and other countries will pick up on that.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Has he backed down though? From what I've read - talks are ongoing.

Politics can be defined as incrementalism. Shit gets done like molasses. The public wants finalization instantly.
    That can't be accomplished without risking the burning of an important bridge.

Dobber Sports Ninja

A friend of mine owns a local brewery. he has his beer in SK & MB. as of Jan. he was still unable to distribute to AB. Nothing has changed much since then.
    Huh I had no idea. Interesting that its still happening.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Politics can be defined as incrementalism. Shit gets done like molasses. The public wants finalization instantly.
    World leaders have the impossible job of dealing with someone who has the mental and emotional levels of a toddler. I can only imagine the conversations that are had behind closed doors between leaders of other countries. Some of it has leaked out at times of course.

I cant wait for this to be done with down the road. Need to get outside more, do the things I have been putting off doing, and cut out the things that distract me. The last step is the hardest for sure. I do a poor job of that.

Dobber Sports Deity

Just because Trudeau didn't come out with his guns a blazin', doesn't mean that politics aren't happening behind the scenes between him and Trump.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Meanwhile... in other White-house news.

On Friday Trump fired Michael Atkinson - Inspector General of the intelligence community.

I think anyone that follows US politics saw this coming - even if recently they forgot as much.

Atkinson is the individual that informed Congress about the whistleblower complaint - which in turn led to impeachment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...son/index.html

The middle of a pandemic seems like the good time to fire a top official

Whether he actually backed down or not...there is public perception that he backed down... he 'warned' Trump and then went back on his warnings. To use doulos example that Trump is a toddler.... any parent knows that an empty threat just gives the toddler more power over the parent.

And its similar to the protesters we had a month ago... he said it had to stop... but he never did anything to stop it... again.. dealing with toddlers...and every time a toddler gets an inch... they go for another one.

So when dealing with a toddler... if you are not going to stick up to your warning... then its best to just ignore their attitude and they will learn that way.

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meanwhile... in other White-house news.

On Friday Trump fired Michael Atkinson - Inspector General of the intelligence community.

I think anyone that follows US politics saw this coming - even if recently they forgot as much.

Atkinson is the individual that informed Congress about the whistleblower complaint - which in turn led to impeachment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...son/index.html

The middle of a pandemic seems like the good time to fire a top official
    He fires someone new every week so what's another body on the pile.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Whether he actually backed down or not...there is public perception that he backed down... he 'warned' Trump and then went back on his warnings. To use doulos example that Trump is a toddler.... any parent knows that an empty threat just gives the toddler more power over the parent.

And its similar to the protesters we had a month ago... he said it had to stop... but he never did anything to stop it... again.. dealing with toddlers...and every time a toddler gets an inch... they go for another one.

So when dealing with a toddler... if you are not going to stick up to your warning... then its best to just ignore their attitude and they will learn that way.
    The first press conference when asked about Trump demanding 3M stop shipments - his statement was 'no, we will not impose sanctions on the US' - paraphrasing. But from the outset he did not threaten to cut the US off. It was noted Canada supplies materials 3M use in making the masks and disposable ventilators -- but there was no threat to stop sending those materials.

Dobber Sports Titan

Trump is doing what legally he can do. Trudeau can't really fight this. He can say, "we do deals, so what you're doing is gonna make deals in the future if you need our help in jeopardy"

He also doesn't want to get into a pissing match, which it would turn into and quite frankly, no one can win a pissing match like Trump. So why engage. This is a child (Trump) up against an adult (Trudeau) type of battle when the child wins an argument through a technicality. The adult goes, "OKKK, I'll remember this"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll