Poll: Bruins vs Leafs

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I agree. If Calgary doesn't lower their price on Markstrom, I can't see him being moved. Plus, I know the stats looked good for him this season but I just never have confidence in that guy. Personally, I'd look for someone like Kahkonen or Nedeljkovic to pair with Woll and go cheap on goalie hoping that one of those guys break out. You can always trade for someone during the season.
    Much rather have Samsonov than one of those 2....i dont get it why people are so worried bout goalies....Goalies are just fine, its the dry offense in the playoffs year after year that is the problem.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Much rather have Samsonov than one of those 2....i dont get it why people are so worried bout goalies....Goalies are just fine, its the dry offense in the playoffs year after year that is the problem.
    Much rather? Why? Go look a little deeper at their stats from this season. I think you might be surprised.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

I agree. If Calgary doesn't lower their price on Markstrom, I can't see him being moved. Plus, I know the stats looked good for him this season but I just never have confidence in that guy. Personally, I'd look for someone like Kahkonen or Nedeljkovic to pair with Woll and go cheap on goalie hoping that one of those guys break out. You can always trade for someone during the season.
    Playing goalie under the intense spotlight and microscope that is Toronto would almost assuredly chew up either of those two and spit them out. MAF would've been perfect.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

With the practice lines with JT on the top line, it would suggest Matthews has a legit potential to not be dressed for game 5. Usually you put a place holder guy in that spot (like Robertson centering Bert/Domi), but not today.

If it comes back that he had a concussion vs Detroit in game 80 and this is post concussion stuff....the league failed at protecting him, the team failed too to push him for 70g.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Leaf's have a goalie. If they just played Jones they'd be winning this series right now.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Playing goalie under the intense spotlight and microscope that is Toronto would almost assuredly chew up either of those two and spit them out. MAF would've been perfect.
    Are they mentally weak? The Leafs have had Samsonov and Campbell over the last couple seasons.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

It's funny because Toronto has CODDLED the last 2 starters and I'm including the media on this. Holy crap has Sammy and Campbell gotten off with a lot of poor play because they were self deprecating.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Are they mentally weak? The Leafs have had Samsonov and Campbell over the last couple seasons.
    The way I'd put it is KK or Neds would be different dogs, but likewise have fleas.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's funny because Toronto has CODDLED the last 2 starters and I'm including the media on this. Holy crap has Sammy and Campbell gotten off with a lot of poor play because they were self deprecating.
    Maybe so, but the fans.....not so much. I believe Toronto is a place where goalies who might find success elsewhere are simply not cut out to succeed there even if a comparable or even better supporting cast is in front of them.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

To be fair, the reffing from what I saw (missed the 3rd for hockey) was bad on both sides. McAvoy gets away with a lot. But it doesn't mean a lot when you go 1-11 on the PP.

You also have 2 days between games, so playing up the reffing takes eyes off your play a bit.
    I agree, but I know mentally it's hard to play to the whistle when you never get a call when you play through high elbows, holds and slashes, and the opponent snaps their heads back and get stuff.

But whatever, it is what it is. I'd be more upset if we had a 30% PP, but getting a PP for the Leafs just eats 2min off the clock, that's it.
    The only play Keefe has in his bag is to complain about the reffing. It's the only play he ever pulls out. And it's just not going to hold weight with the PP differential even.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and say "even" is "fair". But in the eyes of NHL GMs, analysts, and refs, it is. Keefe isn't going to get a shred of sympathy or benefit of the doubt for trying that card with how the series has gone.

Also seems like Matthews has long covid. I don't care about any conspiracies or anything, but he's got a mysterious illness that he can't shake and keeps getting worse when he ramps up activity and none of their treatment works. IDK. Sounds like long covid to me.

The Great One

Yeah, if it's not long COVID then all I thought of - illnesswise - which could legitimately keep him out of something with this level of importance was Mono, as many think it's no big deal but it can be incredibly debilitating for a pretty decent stretch of time. Lyme would also make sense, but wrong time of year. He also is at an age where it is indeed possible to first become symptomatic with an autoimmune condition, and depending on which they can be brutal until controlled with a biologic. When my son first developed crohns he was in rough shape for 3-4 weeks before the infusions he received began to make a measureable difference, and I'm just talking about day to day, not skating end to end for 20+ minutes over a three hour period.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Special teams and inability to score are the main reasons Leafs might exit tomorrow. Samsonov is a minor reason, didn’t like that Frederic goal the other night. Goals like that kill your team.

The Great One

I don't envy the Leafs if they do end up losing, since if they do nothing of note they will get crucified if they fare no better next season. Yet if they tweak too much and don't succeed, then second guessing will be rampant. Also, if they do try to make trades, teams will likely try to hold them for ransom. It's just a bad situation.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't envy the Leafs if they do end up losing, since if they do nothing of note they will get crucified if they fare no better next season. Yet if they tweak too much and don't succeed, then second guessing will be rampant. Also, if they do try to make trades, teams will likely try to hold them for ransom. It's just a bad situation.
    You’re not close to our market.

They have no choice but to blow it up. There will be no second guessing. This group has had many years to bring it all together. It’s not happening… and another year or two ain’t gonna change that.

I would be shocked if Shanny keeps his job. Keefe needs to go too… even with the new contract. AM34 is the only untouchable on the roster.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    You’re not close to our market.

They have no choice but to blow it up. There will be no second guessing. This group has had many years to bring it all together. It’s not happening… and another year or two ain’t gonna change that.

I would be shocked if Shanny keeps his job. Keefe needs to go too… even with the new contract. AM34 is the only untouchable on the roster.
    Marner and Tavares are untradeable, so consider them untouchable.