Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Keep up the good work dude! A few months ago you had a lot of talk, but little follow through. Now you are putting your money where your mouth is, and that is awesome!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Keep up the good work dude! A few months ago you had a lot of talk, but little follow through. Now you are putting your money where your mouth is, and that is awesome!!
    thanks breadman! its tough sometimes for sure but am trucking along

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    thanks breadman! its tough sometimes for sure but am trucking along
    Again, the ''vision'' you had of yourself a few months ago is surely different from the one you have today and it will be different in a few months time. Keep having faith that even the smallest of changes to your weight and physical health are going to keep on happening if you keep on pushing. Results have to be evaluated over a long period so don't fall back on yourself if the weight doesn't go down during a certain stretch; it's normal.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Again, the ''vision'' you had of yourself a few months ago is surely different from the one you have today and it will be different in a few months time. Keep having faith that even the smallest of changes to your weight and physical health are going to keep on happening if you keep on pushing. Results have to be evaluated over a long period so don't fall back on yourself if the weight doesn't go down during a certain stretch; it's normal.
    ok. i know before i use to get discouraged very easily but am keeping things in perspective this time around. I know if i keep doing what i'm doing i will eventually get back down to a healthy weight.

Dobber Sports Giant

ok. i know before i use to get discouraged very easily but am keeping things in perspective this time around. I know if i keep doing what i'm doing i will eventually get back down to a healthy weight.
    And you'll eventually have a pretty-boy shape like Montour in your avatar!

Man I wish a t-shirt would fit me like that! I have no trapz, my pecks look more like man-boobs and my biceps don't fill-in the sleeves like that. And that's just the top portion of the t-shirt!

Since you started your most recent weight loss journey, I've been doing some activities to get myself back into my ''old'' shape too. I'm not pushing myself as much as you seem to be doing but then again, the results are coming wayyyy slower than you (I lost 5 pounds since the Holidays). Keep it up on your end, you have your followers
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

April 19: 297.2
    April 26: 296.5
    May 3rd: 295.1
    May 10th: 293.8
    May 17th: 291.5
    May 24th: 291.6
    May 31st: 288.4
    June 7th: 288.5
    June 14th: 288.1

somewhat frustrating it's not coming off as fast as i'd like but will keep plugging along here. i did hit 300 about a week or so before i started this so i'll try and not get discouraged here and look at the big picture

Administrator

Is there a small change you can make that would put you in a better position long-term? Add one or two of these to your life and keep pushing.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Is there a small change you can make that would put you in a better position long-term? Add one or two of these to your life and keep pushing.
    i could add more vegetables in my diet. ill come back and have a strong week.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

somewhat frustrating it's not coming off as fast as i'd like but will keep plugging along here. i did hit 300 about a week or so before i started this so i'll try and not get discouraged here and look at the big picture
    I'm committing to this with you fella.

Back on April 18 I was at an all time high for me at 222.8 lbs
    April 16-22 Average - 222 lbs
    April 23-29 Average - 220.4
    April 30-May 6 Ave - 219.9
    May 14-20 Average - 219.8
    May 21 - 27 Average - 222.5 (Was noticing my Dog... who's been my exercise motivation and buddy was really struggling at 14 1/2 years of age)

now watch this.

May 29 - 218.4 (My Birthday... I woke up in the morning and made the decision that it was time to unselfishly put my beloved Pup down... hell of a way to Celebrate)... I'm not exercising at all at this point.
    May 30 - 214.6 (Wife and I tell the Kids that it's finally time to put down our furry family member)... No Exercise... just not eating much due to lack of appetite/depression
    May 31 - 213.8 (Decide on June 1st as the day to put her down...still not exercising and just not eating much)
    June 1 - 212.4 (Spend one final day... just me and her... she got a McDonald's happy meal and steak this day, I watched)
    June 2 - 212 (Day one adjusting to the new norm around the house)
    June 3 - 212. 6 (Day 3 post my pup... starting to eat again...still no exercise)

Week of June 4 - 10 - Average 214.6 (Creeping up)

Yesterday - 216.4 (MAKE A CONCIOUS EFFORT TO START EXERCISING AGAIN... 2K walk at lunch and 3K walk before bed. Met my goal of 10K steps, 8KM, 30 Flights and over 3000 calories burned.
    Today - 216.4 (geez...all that work and nothing to show for it...except I remember I nailed my goal 2 years ago of 195... takes time)

I commit to reaching my goals today Steps currently at 1500 (long way to go)

I guess my point is that weight will fluctuate for a variety of reasons. During my last drop off... stress, lack of eating and very much an unhealthy lifestyle led to a drop of over 10lbs in over a week. As I continue to cope with the loss of our family pet, my eating patterns have returned and I immediately saw my weigh shoot back up. I'm not 222lbs anymore and will use the current weight I'm at as I set my goal to between 200(Low) to 205(high)lbs which I think is an optimal and achievable weight range (I prefer weight range than target weight (singular) for me at 42 years of age, 5'11" and a moderate, currently somewhat motivated health conscious guy (I hope my motivation changes, but while I don't have my work our buddy anymore, I will use your thread here to act as motivation for me. Maybe I'll spark some motivation for you my friend).

Seriously... if you get a Fitbit...look me up and I'll most certainly add you and we can continue this journey together.

Cheers fella.

Off for a pre - lunch walk. 16.4 pounds to go

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I'm committing to this with you fella.

Back on April 18 I was at an all time high for me at 222.8 lbs
    April 16-22 Average - 222 lbs
    April 23-29 Average - 220.4
    April 30-May 6 Ave - 219.9
    May 14-20 Average - 219.8
    May 21 - 27 Average - 222.5 (Was noticing my Dog... who's been my exercise motivation and buddy was really struggling at 14 1/2 years of age)

now watch this.

May 29 - 218.4 (My Birthday... I woke up in the morning and made the decision that it was time to unselfishly put my beloved Pup down... hell of a way to Celebrate)... I'm not exercising at all at this point.
    May 30 - 214.6 (Wife and I tell the Kids that it's finally time to put down our furry family member)... No Exercise... just not eating much due to lack of appetite/depression
    May 31 - 213.8 (Decide on June 1st as the day to put her down...still not exercising and just not eating much)
    June 1 - 212.4 (Spend one final day... just me and her... she got a McDonald's happy meal and steak this day, I watched)
    June 2 - 212 (Day one adjusting to the new norm around the house)
    June 3 - 212. 6 (Day 3 post my pup... starting to eat again...still no exercise)

Week of June 4 - 10 - Average 214.6 (Creeping up)

Yesterday - 216.4 (MAKE A CONCIOUS EFFORT TO START EXERCISING AGAIN... 2K walk at lunch and 3K walk before bed. Met my goal of 10K steps, 8KM, 30 Flights and over 3000 calories burned.
    Today - 216.4 (geez...all that work and nothing to show for it...except I remember I nailed my goal 2 years ago of 195... takes time)

I commit to reaching my goals today Steps currently at 1500 (long way to go)

I guess my point is that weight will fluctuate for a variety of reasons. During my last drop off... stress, lack of eating and very much an unhealthy lifestyle led to a drop of over 10lbs in over a week. As I continue to cope with the loss of our family pet, my eating patterns have returned and I immediately saw my weigh shoot back up. I'm not 222lbs anymore and will use the current weight I'm at as I set my goal to between 200(Low) to 205(high)lbs which I think is an optimal and achievable weight range (I prefer weight range than target weight (singular) for me at 42 years of age, 5'11" and a moderate, currently somewhat motivated health conscious guy (I hope my motivation changes, but while I don't have my work our buddy anymore, I will use your thread here to act as motivation for me. Maybe I'll spark some motivation for you my friend).

Seriously... if you get a Fitbit...look me up and I'll most certainly add you and we can continue this journey together.

Cheers fella.

Off for a pre - lunch walk. 16.4 pounds to go
    thanks for sharing your story. i have a 14 year old poodle/terrier and consider him just like family, sorry again for your loss. i'll look into the fit bit, i just won a hockey pool so i should be able to afford it this week.

good luck on your journey buddy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey bud. Think positive man. It may not seem like a lot but if you look at the bigger picture and average a pound a week at the end of a year you'd be down 52 pounds. Putting you in the 240 range.

Think water. Drink it, swim in it. Have a big glass of water before every meal you have no matter else you are planning to drink. The water fills you up a little so it takes less food to fill your hunger.

Rooting for you and know you'll achieve what you want and remember your weight is in no way a reflection of the person you are. Take care bud. If I'm still kicking I'll check back in awhile.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

The Great One

Lack of gain is progress. That being said, now is the time to assess your situation and maybe try one new, helpful thing each day. Try five thing in hopes that even one sticks. Do that every week and soon you'll have new good habits further helping you move in the right direction.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Hey bud. Think positive man. It may not seem like a lot but if you look at the bigger picture and average a pound a week at the end of a year you'd be down 52 pounds. Putting you in the 240 range.

Think water. Drink it, swim in it. Have a big glass of water before every meal you have no matter else you are planning to drink. The water fills you up a little so it takes less food to fill your hunger.

Rooting for you and know you'll achieve what you want and remember your weight is in no way a reflection of the person you are. Take care bud. If I'm still kicking I'll check back in awhile.
    Hey AA great to hear from you. Was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you been.

Got no doubts about getting to my goal weight, just frustrating when it's not coming as quick as you want, but in time, have to clean up certain things in my diet as well but will see how it goes this week. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Lack of gain is progress. That being said, now is the time to assess your situation and maybe try one new, helpful thing each day. Try five thing in hopes that even one sticks. Do that every week and soon you'll have new good habits further helping you move in the right direction.
    Thanks Riz, i will do that for sure

The Wolverine

I may be in the minority, but what about not weighing yourself for a month? I know there have been (good) suggestions of using this weekly weigh as a way to keep track and stay accountable, which I understand and respect. But perhaps not focusing on the number for a little while will keep the focus on your habits and feeling healthier, rather than worrying about making numerical gains each week. Then after a month, you can evaluate to ensure you are on the right track.

Just a thought.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just stepped on the scale 181 lbs 10.1% body fat.

Been alternating running/biking every day for the last couple weeks unless I am fishing. Increased my running time from 30 minutes up to 40 minutes. I'll go 50 minutes next time assuming it is not 90 degrees and high humidity.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov