Page 159 of 240 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Saw that. Happens when you're a crappy person I guess.
    Apparently this is the reason:

"Gina Carano will not be returning to The Mandalorian or the Star Wars galaxy after sharing a post on social media implying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust." — THR
    #cancelculture
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The main woman in Mandalorian got fired and let go by her agency yesterday. Wonder how they move forward "killing her off" on Mando.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Saw that. Happens when you're a crappy person I guess.
    That’s a load of horsesh*t. I follow Gina Carano on IG. Her posts are not full of hate, do not spread misinformation as fact, do not incite violence or hatred...

They do question the information that we are being fed by the media. They ask people to think critically when receiving information. Since when did that become a f*cking crime?

Yes she’s a Trump supporter, but that’s not a reason to fire her.

So sick of this cancel culture bullsh*t!

*before anyone decides to call me a right-wing, anti-masker conspiracy theorist, please note that I tend to be more of a Centrist (even left leaning, voted Green in last Canadian election). I appreciate that masks are valuable in many situations these days although I feel the blanket policies are draconian (particularly because I live in an area that has been quite protected geographically from the virus). As far as many of the conspiracy theories go, I believe there are kernels of truth in many of them that get extrapolated into nonsense by both sides on the issues.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So... TV shows....

Back to TV shows... yeah?...

Here's some pictures from Queens Gambit to get us back on track:

Dobber Sports Deity

Kinda getting it back on topic, the wife and I just finished Season One of 30 Rock. I dont know how the hell we ever missed this show back in the day when it was running but I am glad we've found it. Loved Season one and we're rolling into Season two which seems just as good so far. Tina Fey is a genius.

Is anyone watching her latest creation yet called Mr Mayor staring Ted Danson? It's pretty good too.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Speaking of Mandalorian. Pedro Pascal was cast as Joel in HBO's Last of Us show.

Don't love that casting.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Kinda getting it back on topic, the wife and I just finished Season One of 30 Rock. I dont know how the hell we ever missed this show back in the day when it was running but I am glad we've found it. Loved Season one and we're rolling into Season two which seems just as good so far. Tina Fey is a genius.

Is anyone watching her latest creation yet called Mr Mayor staring Ted Danson? It's pretty good too.
    Wow, how did you miss 30 Rock? Are you telling me you haven't spent the last decade living every week like it's Shark Week?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Wow, how did you miss 30 Rock? Are you telling me you haven't spent the last decade living every week like it's Shark Week?
    LOL!! I don't know what to tell you. I had never seen an episode until recently and started watching it on Crave. Weird, I know, because we are normally comedy TV people too. Loving it now though.

Dobber Sports Icon

Sorry guys, just a little worked up. Saw this coming last week with the warring #welovecaradune and #firecaradune hashtags and knew I was going to be pissed about it.

Back to TV. Finally watching The Boys and really enjoying it. Maybe they should bring Gina Carano on for Season 3... sorry couldn’t help myself. I’ll see myself out

Dobber Sports Expert

I've been watching Mr. Mayor so far. It's all right so far, will probably end up my least favourite sitcom of Fey's so far (I thought 'Great News' starring Andrea Martin was really underrated) but ensemble comedies often take a while to find their footing (I'm looking at you Parks & Rec) and I could see it getting better in time. For now there's at least a great joke or 2 each episode "Yea, but it wasn't sexual harassment! I was just being mean!"

Dobber Sports Titan

I have very low expectations for shows that start after the Super Bowl, there's typically a reason why they start mid TV season, and not the start in the fall. But add on COVID filming...I can't see shows doing well unless it's got a great writing staff. Mr. Mayor seems like that show, just need to push through season 1 and hopefully season 2 they can be together more with lighter restrictions.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with you both. It's not my favorite Tina Fey show but it's something to pass the time. My wife is a huge Tina Fey fan and so far, she's not a fan of Mr Mayor. As mentioned, there's a good joke or two in there that she chuckles at but she hasn't really enjoyed it to this point. Hopefully it gets better.

Dobber Sports Icon

Started watching Vikings. didnt get into it when it was new. was watching GOT and Frontier and Last Kingdom so i was all full-up on medieval gore and stuff at the time.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The main woman in Mandalorian got fired and let go by her agency yesterday. Wonder how they move forward "killing her off" on Mando.
    Her character doesn't really need to be "killed off". The way season 2 ended, I expect that following seasons will take a decidedly different direction anyways and the Cara Dune character can easily be excluded.

Dobber Sports Pro

WandaVision has been great but I think it's impact will be lost on those who have not watched the movies and know some of Marvel's character history. It's not the best series for those who come in cold and know nothing about the back story. The production values are top notch though, Disney is setting a high bar on their live action series and I can't wait for more and there will be a LOT more coming down the pipe!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Started Flight Attendant. Solid stuff so far.