Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014 Predictions

Banned

Default Re: World Cup 2014 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Pfft... that was never a red card.

I'm glad Holland wasn't playing... way more fun watching Messi dance past challenges and try and score than it is watching Robben throw himself on the ground crying.
    that tackle was ridiculous high, and pretty dangerous. That should have been red for neuer for sure. Just because the german loving commentator didn't think so, doesn't mean it wasn't so.

I'll take Robben over Messi any day thanks.

Only good thing Messi, is my spaghetti and meat balls

Dobber Sports Wizard

I doubt Holland would have beat Germany, would have been even more of a one sided game in the Germans favor......

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    that tackle was ridiculous high, and pretty dangerous. That should have been red for neuer for sure. Just because the german loving commentator didn't think so, doesn't mean it wasn't so.

You might be one of the only people in the world to do so...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

It doesn't matter anymore anyways Molson, because we will never know. But Holland was a good team this year. We probably should have won. But against Argentina couldn't do anything. We would have played Germany like we did Spain.

Oh well, 4 years we will try again.

The player awards were a joke though.

Neuer best goalie? I don't think so. That guy from Costa Rica should have won that

Messi best player? I don't think so. Probably Muller or Rodriguez from Colombia would have deserved that. Messi wasn't even in my top 3 for mvp.

I guess those awards are like nhl awards. popularity awards.

Dobber Sports Wizard

It doesn't matter anymore anyways Molson, because we will never know. But Holland was a good team this year. We probably should have won. But against Argentina couldn't do anything. We would have played Germany like we did Spain.

Oh well, 4 years we will try again.

The player awards were a joke though.

Neuer best goalie? I don't think so. That guy from Costa Rica should have won that

Messi best player? I don't think so. Probably Muller or Rodriguez from Colombia would have deserved that. Messi wasn't even in my top 3 for mvp.

I guess those awards are like nhl awards. popularity awards.
    Exactly. Why give the best goalie award to some guy in Costa Rica when you give it to the guy for GERMANY.

That yellow card he got was ****ing awesome. Did he get a card? I don't actually remember, but either way it was like the best part of the game for sure. Flying punch, all ball, then a knee to the chops.

The celebration after Germany's goal was so boring though. If someone scores that goal in hockey shit would be going crazy. In this game, he kinda ran around for a little bit, quick group hug, and back to their positions.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Exactly. Why give the best goalie award to some guy in Costa Rica when you give it to the guy for GERMANY.

That yellow card he got was ****ing awesome. Did he get a card? I don't actually remember, but either way it was like the best part of the game for sure. Flying punch, all ball, then a knee to the chops.

The celebration after Germany's goal was so boring though. If someone scores that goal in hockey shit would be going crazy. In this game, he kinda ran around for a little bit, quick group hug, and back to their positions.

Why give it to a guy in Costa Rica? Because he was the best goalie at this tourney, and it would have been awesome for that country.

I don't believe he got a card at all, but it should have been straight red.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't think Robben would even choose Robben over Messi.

Messy spaghetti and meat balls though - that's good stuff.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Why give it to a guy in Costa Rica? Because he was the best goalie at this tourney, and it would have been awesome for that country.

I don't believe he got a card at all, but it should have been straight red.
    I understand. It was a tongue in cheek question....Costa Rica or Germany....which one is FIFA gonna be more likely to acknowledge?

Not sure it should have been a card. Maybe a yellow since it was a little reckless, but no red. It was a 50/50 ball, Neuer got there first and obviously played the ball, not the body. The aftermath was unfortunate but on a 50/50 where the goalie got ball first, I don't see how you can give a red card.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Germany was the best team all the way through.......

Banned

The play wasn't even close to a red. It's his box, he got the ball. Wasn't even a yellow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I understand. It was a tongue in cheek question....Costa Rica or Germany....which one is FIFA gonna be more likely to acknowledge?

Not sure it should have been a card. Maybe a yellow since it was a little reckless, but no red. It was a 50/50 ball, Neuer got there first and obviously played the ball, not the body. The aftermath was unfortunate but on a 50/50 where the goalie got ball first, I don't see how you can give a red card.

ahh I gotcha, ya I thought that was stupid to give it to neuer.

At the very least it deserved yellow because it was a high tackle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The play wasn't even close to a red. It's his box, he got the ball. Wasn't even a yellow.
    that was not "his" box.

The small little box is his, where most calls go his way. The big box is not "his" territory. The tackle was high, and that deserved a red card in my opinion. Definitely yellow at the very least.

The Great One

That's not a red Dutch. Not even a yellow.

That's what goalies are allowed to do. That's what goalies are trained to do. Play the ball and crush the player. Neuer could of even had his knee higher (he should have) and knees him to the face while at the same time punching the ball clear and it still wouldn't be a foul.

As for Holland beating Germany. Who cares. They didn't get past Argentina. Holland was a good team that got beat by a better team which got beat by an even better team.

At the end of the day Germany deserved this cup. They were the deepest team, played the best team game with the best structure all tournament. The scary part is they are all so young. They will challenge Spain's last 8 years. Draxler who barely played this tournament is going to be a very special player.

Dobber Sports Genius

From TSN's the reporters aired yesterday morning......ouch! "Ok......so you are going to take the 3rd penalty kick"....."ummm nope"...

Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated

My thumb is down to coach Louis van Gaal and the Netherlands, whose color is orange but whose liver is lilly. van Gaal said he asked two players to take the first penalty kick in the shootout against Argentina and was rebuffed twice. If those unnamed players indeed did decline, it represents turtling of the first order. But van Gaal also deserves blame. He asked players to take the kick. He didn't tell them. Since when did sports - especially the World Cup - become a democracy? Penalty kicks in the semifinal shouldn't be a show-of-hands thing. Brazil was humiliated by Germany, but the Netherlands embarrassed itself without any help.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sounds like using a soundbite to create a story. Honestly though, if the biggest criticism Farber has of the team is that they are too democratic when choosing their penalty kick people, then they can't be doing too much wrong.