Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] Rick Nash to NYR

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    they are happy with the production but they are not happy that Gaborik doesn't show up when it counts. Same thing applies to Nash. He will have to produce in the playoffs.
    I agree - he needs to be better when it counts in the playoffs.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Well, the Rangers did produce the #3 goal scorer in the NHL last year as only Stamkos and Malkin had more goals than Gaborik last year. Two years prior, Gaborik had 86 points in 76 GP (with 42 goals scored) - good for 10th overall in total points that year. Both of those years was under a John Tortorella coached team.

What I'm trying to say here is, it kind of sounds like you're making the Rangers out to be a Nashville Predators scoring by committee team lol...where no offensive player is fantasy relevant, and I'm going to have to disagree with this as the #1 winger on the Rangers has produced solid fantasy numbers under John Tortorella, as have other players in the past under Torts so I don't see his system as the problem as opposed to players just not performing to their capabilities...I know I'm exaggerating by saying you guys are saying the Rangers are equivalent to the Preds, but all I'm saying is sure, Nash's upside would be higher on Pitts, Wash, or Vancouver, but I'd say the Rangers aren't a terrible destination for him to go as Gaborik has shown you can be productive offensively on this squad, so there is reason to be optimisitc about his offensive potential on this team
    Not really scoring by committee, just saying the system Nash and Richards moved into in NYR isn't any more favorable (and arguably less so) than the situation they were in prior (as far as the system) in regards to offensive output.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Does this and the potential Weber deal just solidify the fact that the 4 vs 5 matchup will be another Atlantic Division showdown? Holy crap that division is goign to be awesome.

Gotta feel for the Devils.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Not really scoring by committee, just saying the system Nash and Richards moved into in NYR isn't any more favorable (and arguably less so) than the situation they were in prior (as far as the system) in regards to offensive output.
    What kind of system does Columbus even play? lol - hard for me to figure that one out, so I'm not sure I can even argue against or for that. I still have to say Nash's upside is greater in NYR than Columbus based on the current states / supporting casts of each team.

As for Dallas - I would say they do play more of an open style than the Rangers, but nonetheless, the Rangers did have more goals for than them during Richards last year in Big D, and I know the Rangers do block loads of shots, but they don't play the trap and Tortorella allows them to be creative on even strength.

The big difference I see is special teams, which tend to inflate/deflate a top guy's totals as he would tend to play those minutes. I look at Richards' best year with the Stars and I see 40 powerplay points! He was lethal on that Dallas powerplay - getting the Rangers powerplay rolling I think would effect Richards' point total durastically (Richards only had 24 PPP's last year with the Rangers). Now, with a powerplay featuring Nash thrown in there to what they already have I'd say things sure look a bit brighter for him in him potentially regaining his point per game status back as he's the quarterback there. You give Richards 16 more powerplay points to match the 40 he put up with the Stars and he's all of a sudden at a point per game ratio. The Rangers powerplay has flat out sucked - they need to get better, so hopefully having another finisher in Nash can affect the PP in a positive way. I guess time will tell. So.. pertaining to Richards I think his points decline can be more so documented to the Rangers bad powerplay as opposed to the offensive style Tortorella carries out on even strength.
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; July 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What kind of system does Columbus even play? lol - hard for me to figure that one out, so I'm not sure I can even argue against or for that. I still have to say Nash's upside is greater in NYR than Columbus based on the current states / supporting casts of each team.

As for Dallas - I would say they do play more of an open style than the Rangers, but nonetheless, the Rangers did have more goals for than them during Richards last year in Big D, and I know the Rangers do block loads of shots, but they don't play the trap and Tortorella allows them to be creative on even strength.

The big difference I see is special teams, which tend to inflate/deflate a top guy's totals as he would tend to play those minutes. I look at Richards' best year with the Stars and I see 40 powerplay points! He was lethal on that Dallas powerplay - getting the Rangers powerplay rolling I think would effect Richards' point total durastically (Richards only had 24 PPP's last year with the Rangers). Now, with a powerplay featuring Nash thrown in there to what they already have I'd say things sure look a brighter for him in him potentially regaining his point per game status back as he's the quarterback there. You give Richards 16 more powerplay points to match the 40 he put up with the Stars and he's all of a sudden at a point per game ratio. The Rangers powerplay has flat out sucked - they need to get better, so hopefully having another finisher in Nash can affect the PP in a positive way. I guess time will tell.
    All valid points. Guess there's pros and cons to both sides - Nash and Richards have better talent to play with now, but on their prior teams they were the #1 go-to-guy. All the ice time and PP time that they could handle.

I'm not trying to paint NYR as a fantasy graveyard - I'm just saying I don't see this increasing Nash's output much, if any. Of course I could be entirely wrong.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    All valid points. Guess there's pros and cons to both sides - Nash and Richards have better talent to play with now, but on their prior teams they were the #1 go-to-guy. All the ice time and PP time that they could handle.

I'm not trying to paint NYR as a fantasy graveyard - I'm just saying I don't see this increasing Nash's output much, if any. Of course I could be entirely wrong.
    Point taken. You could be entirely right too as you also make valid points. From studying the numbers a bit, I look at the fact the Rangers had the 3rd worst powerplay in the Eastern Conference, and contribute that to the Rangers top guys having less overall points as it's the top guys who play those minutes, as opposed to contributing the decreased point totals to the system they play at even strength. I guess we'll see in a couple months time how things shape out.

Dobber Sports Genius

Am I the only Sharks fan in here that's just stoked that they didn't make a trade for Nash? lol
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Icon

they are happy with the production but they are not happy that Gaborik doesn't show up when it counts. Same thing applies to Nash. He will have to produce in the playoffs.

Doesn't show up when it counts? You mean putting up 5 goals and 11 pts in 20 playoff games despite playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder suffered in game 3 or 4 of the 1st round, after putting up 41 goals and 76 pts in 82 games during the regular season, an injury that will sideline him for a total of 6 months post-surgery?

You're a goalscorer who relies on a wicked and disguised release and you've got a torn labrum in your shoulder, you think that's not going to impact your production in the NHL playoffs, when the intensity is three times as high and everyone is hitting you that much harder?

Gaborik gets such a bad rap, other than for his injury risk, which is obviously a legitimate concern of poolies.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Please not Kreider god dammit I had him penciled in as a big part of my fantasy team going forward.
    From the guy running the CLB thread- priceless!!!

Lol- well played dude...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    CBJ has some nice depth at D now. Maybe more moves in their future to try and bring in another quality fwd and deal one of their D?

Hello....Yes, this is Steve Tambellini speaking........ahhh Mr Howson, hows things looking in your part of the world now??? You have too many D and you are looking to trade for some forwards???? Well, you have called the right place. How does Ales Hemsky sound???? Sounds like we might be able to come to some sort of deal here........
    Id like to see MSP get another shot right now. Could actually fit in with the BJs offense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Doesn't show up when it counts? You mean putting up 5 goals and 11 pts in 20 playoff games despite playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder suffered in game 3 or 4 of the 1st round, after putting up 41 goals and 76 pts in 82 games during the regular season, an injury that will sideline him for a total of 6 months post-surgery?

You're a goalscorer who relies on a wicked and disguised release and you've got a torn labrum in your shoulder, you think that's not going to impact your production in the NHL playoffs, when the intensity is three times as high and everyone is hitting you that much harder?

Gaborik gets such a bad rap, other than for his injury risk, which is obviously a legitimate concern of poolies.
    Even if this is your argument, the injuries are also what makes NYR unhappy with Gaborik. If he wasn't injured and actually provided offense in the playoffs, they might not have even traded for Nash. They can't rely on Gaborik when they need him most, whether that be because of injuries or because he's soft and invisible half the time. He was literally a nonfactor in these playoffs, and if that's because of injury then it's still a concern because that's just who he is. When you're playing through injury and you don't reveal that you have one, well you're going to be scolded if you play like crap and you're invisible.

wouldn't be surprised if he's shipped out of New York now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    From the guy running the CLB thread- priceless!!!

Lol- well played dude...
    Sounds like a realist
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Even if this is your argument, the injuries are also what makes NYR unhappy with Gaborik. If he wasn't injured and actually provided offense in the playoffs, they might not have even traded for Nash. They can't rely on Gaborik when they need him most, whether that be because of injuries or because he's soft and invisible half the time. He was literally a nonfactor in these playoffs, and if that's because of injury then it's still a concern because that's just who he is. When you're playing through injury and you don't reveal that you have one, well you're going to be scolded if you play like crap and you're invisible.

I don't think they'll move him. The best thing about getting Nash is that they'll have a more diverse offense and other teams won't be able to focus on Gabby as much.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Pro

They were trying to trade for Nash even before the playoffs started, so Gaborik's injury during the playoffs doesn't have to do with this. Sather has an appetite for big names, a big name is available, he salivates lol. Gaborik has actually been pretty healthy during his tenure in New York btw and this shoulder injury is unrelated to his previous groin injuries that plagued him in Minni.
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; July 23, 2012 at 8:59 PM.

Banned

They were trying to trade for Nash even before the playoffs started, so Gaborik's injury during the playoffs doesn't have to do with this. Sather has an appetite for big names, a big name is available, he salivates lol. Gaborik has actually been pretty healthy during his tenure in New York btw and this shoulder injury is unrelated to his previous groin injuries that plagued him in Minni.
    Talking about injuries in general, not the specific one in these playoffs. You can't count on Gaborik for health/playoff scoring, you can't count on Kreider for repeating his success, they had to go for Nash. Gaborik has been injured in each of his playoffs with New York, i.e. when they need him most. He isn't a playoff player and never will be (and please don't show his stats as that's not what I'm talking about - Spezza has great playoff stats but he's not a playoff player) . We'll see if Nash is but he most likely will be as he is more of a power forward with good health.