Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] Max Pacioretty to Vegas

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: [Trade] Max Pacioretty to Vegas

Maybe he grew up dreaming of being a Golden Knight, like Tavares dreamed of being a Leaf ... I'm waiting for the picture of him sleeping on a pillow with the Knights logo on it.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not a fan of Tatar really and I'm betting Suzuki will be used more if not exclusively on the wing once he plays.
    The pick will be in the high 50's likely so it will depend on the scouting staff how good a player they get.
    If I'm Price I'm seriously asking questions. He'll stand on his head and lose 2-1 alot because no one is going to score.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Not a fan of Tatar really and I'm betting Suzuki will be used more if not exclusively on the wing once he plays.
    The pick will be in the high 50's likely so it will depend on the scouting staff how good a player they get.
    If I'm Price I'm seriously asking questions. He'll stand on his head and lose 2-1 alot because no one is going to score.
    Tatar, imo, is an afterthought here. His value is as much tied to his trade value at the deadline this year than anything else - they'll give him tons of TOI and use him on the PP, and if it's clear he's going to be scoring 20-25 again, that should bring some reasonable trade return for a contending team especially as his 4.8M cap hit (taking into account Vegas eating $500k) is not that bad and by that point he will only have 2 more full years left on his term. Plus trading him will help with the tanking effort (lose for Hughes or whatever we'll call it).

Bergevin did about as well as could have been expected here, given the total mismanagement of the Pacioretty dossier over the last 8 months.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Eric - plug some numbers into this gimmicky "Tavares Calculator" by TSN just to give you a sense of the tax rate differences. (I am pretty sure that the Nevada tax rate and the Texas rate are pretty damn close. Close enough for this illustration anyway.)
    I am aware of this thing existing. That wasn't my question though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I am aware of this thing existing. That wasn't my question though.
    Your question...

Does the state tax really play that big a role? There's a difference in team appeal as well. Vegas is younger and faster plus it's the trendy team ATM. Everyone wants to play there. I think that factor crushes state tax.
    LOL - I hate to nitpick, but this was exactly your question. It was the only sentence that ended in a 'question mark'.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    LOL - I hate to nitpick, but this was exactly your question. It was the only sentence that ended in a 'question mark'.
    I am aware of the dollar difference from one state/province to another. I just don't believe it's THAT big a factor in a player's decision. I'd say Vegas is a more appealing TEAM for a player at this time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not everything is about money.

LA = declining team

Vegas = on the rise, great coach
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Padawan

Great trade for both sides

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Not everything is about money.

LA = declining team

Vegas = on the rise, great coach
    Not to be picky but, LA is a declining team?
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Star

Personally, I think Vegas overperformed last year, huge. Motivation for being the unwanteds and castaways propelled them to heights that, frankly no one, expected. On paper, they are not a Cup Contending Team. That motivation will not last.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Tatar, imo, is an afterthought here. His value is as much tied to his trade value at the deadline this year than anything else - they'll give him tons of TOI and use him on the PP, and if it's clear he's going to be scoring 20-25 again, that should bring some reasonable trade return for a contending team especially as his 4.8M cap hit (taking into account Vegas eating $500k) is not that bad and by that point he will only have 2 more full years left on his term. Plus trading him will help with the tanking effort (lose for Hughes or whatever we'll call it).

Bergevin did about as well as could have been expected here, given the total mismanagement of the Pacioretty dossier over the last 8 months.
    Definitely will be targeting Tatar as a late round pick who will put up 50 just because.

Surprised they gave up/got this much for Max. I know Tatar is an after thought.....but doesn't this now kind of make it a 1st, 2 x 2nds, a 3rd and Suzuki for Max? Im sure this has been mentioned above but yea. Surprised.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am aware of the dollar difference from one state/province to another. I just don't believe it's THAT big a factor in a player's decision. I'd say Vegas is a more appealing TEAM for a player at this time.
    That may be true, but when multiple things are pointing in the same direction, it's often hard to figure out which is the biggest factor. Also, each player is different, so you need to have an idea about what they value.

Decent deal by Bergevin, considering he put himself in this corner to begin with; I think it could help Montreal, but it may keep Brgevin around longer than if he botched it, which is bad for the franchise.

How weird it is that there's a one year old expansion team in Las Vegas, and the Canadiens captain is happy to get away from the clown show in Montreal and end up in the apparently more solid organization in Vegas.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    ...but doesn't this now kind of make it a 1st, 2 x 2nds, a 3rd and Suzuki for Max?
    This is not true. The Vegas Golden Knights did not trade a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd and Suzuki for Pacorietty. They traded Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki and a 2nd round pick for Pacorietty. The cost of acquisition of Tatar does not change what they gave up for Pacorietty.

Would it make sense to say that the Golden Knights traded a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd and Suzuki for a 1st round pick?

Would it make sense to say that the St Louis Blues acquired the first overall pick on Oct 7th, 2016 in exchange for Zach Pochiro and a conditional 3rd round pick?

Would it make sense to say that the Colorado Avalanche signed the first overall pick as a UFA on July 4th, 2018?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    That may be true, but when multiple things are pointing in the same direction, it's often hard to figure out which is the biggest factor. Also, each player is different, so you need to have an idea about what they value.
    You're right. I'm making a bit of an assumption based on general history. Income tax differences weren't really brought up until recent years. Plus I see the income tax angle used as a cop-out when a poorly-managed team (example: Montreal) is unable to persuade players to go there. Meanwhile a better-run team (Toronto) did alright in free agency despite the income tax boogey man.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Personally, I think Vegas overperformed last year, huge. Motivation for being the unwanteds and castaways propelled them to heights that, frankly no one, expected. On paper, they are not a Cup Contending Team. That motivation will not last.

Rylant
    I too think they overperformed, but that doesn't mean that they aren't a top team in the league - they still are and with Pacioretty and Stastny in there now, they'll be even more dangerous offensively and arguably have a more balanced top 9 (Haula moves to 3rd line C, where he should be pretty solid and add more scoring punch to the 3rd line). They are definitely hurt by Schmidt being out for the first 20 games - but the progression of Theodore and Miller should continue, and they have decent depth on D. That plus they may not be finished with their moves, Karlsson to Vegas is still a possibility (although less likely now that they have moved Suzuki and so less likely to want to move Glass) - even if they don't nab Karlsson, they are a team that will make moves at the deadline to bolster their lineup.

Plus the fact is they are possibly the tightest team in the league, with a great combo of solid coaching and great character. Some will say character is overrated - but in the NHL, it's more important than in almost any other major sport. That's why McPhee in his presser said that Pacioretty "fits" their team - besides what he brings on the ice, he's a good fit character wise, there are no egos on that Vegas team and Patches has generallly been known as a solid team guy - only knock on his is that he should never have had the C, too much pressure on him, let him just contribute and be a leader without a letter on his chest.

Put me in the camp that believes Vegas will once again contend - I think they'll go two rounds but fall short, losing in the conference semis. I think Nashville takes it this year, with San Jose and Winnipeg rounding out the top 4 in the west.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper