Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] PK Subban to Oilers for Draisaitl and 4th overall

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [Rumor] PK Subban to Oilers for Draisaitl and 4th overall

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Sounds like the start of a long uphill slog to me, or at least it should be. Hall/Eberle would be a good starting point.
    In that case Mtl would be adding salary so I doubt that's going to fly with them...Subban is only in trade talks because of his absurd salary.

Draisaitl + #4 I feel is more than enough. If the Habs want more than that, they won't find it anywhere.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I'm with Axe here, if that's the deal, make it. Losing Draisaitl and an asset like Tkachuk (or Dubois if you prefer) for a world class game changer on the back end is well worth it...even at $9M per annum.

So EDM would be left with McDavid-RNH up the middle (not too bad), Hall, Eberle, Maroon and maybe a UFA signing (Lucic?). Still a pretty decent top 6 with Subban, Klefbom, Nurse and another UFA (too much to hope for?) to round out the top 4.

Ah to dream...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

After watching some of the NBA draft tonight......If this were the NBA ....this deal would happen in a second and Price would be next.

I doubt it does....but I think it makes more sense than the rumour threads to Vancouver or anywhere else.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    In that case Mtl would be adding salary so I doubt that's going to fly with them...Subban is only in trade talks because of his absurd salary.

Draisaitl + #4 I feel is more than enough. If the Habs want more than that, they won't find it anywhere.
    I meant Hall or Eberle, not Hall and Eberle (slash implies "or"). Either of those would be a significant salary reduction over PK.

Of course, then you have to find PK's replacement.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Monster

as a mtl fan i like it but dont at same time, pk subbans dont grow on trees but u free up cap for now and its leon draisaitl , great trade for edmonton either way, they need a number 1 d man

Administrator

If they trade Subban they'll spend the next 10 years looking for a top-pairing dman.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If they trade Subban they'll spend the next 10 years looking for a top-pairing dman.
    For sure. They do however add two potential top flight C this way (assuming that's the trade and that they are able to draft Dubois). I'm having a hard time figuring out which side of this trade I'd want. I think I'd rather be the Oilers as it solves a significant need and they have the assets to fill the holes they create. Montreal solves a significant need with top flight offensive talent and C, but they are in a much worse position to fill the hole they create. Lots of interesting discussion points on this one as an outsider.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Just catching up on this rumor.
    Wow - I love it for both teams.
    I do believe that EDM is gonna feel a serious cap crunch quickly though...

For me, the biggest thing wrong with this trade is timing.
    He's old... but Brian Campbell is still a pretty solid offensive PP defenseman, which is the main cog that EDM needs.
    And Campbell was like +30 last year... on a YOUNG team.
    He's still a very slick passing defenseman - which is all EDM needs on the PP1 point.

If they can get him for free, for 1-3yr contract... why part with Draisaitl & the #4?

I don't think this trade happens until July... but if EDM can't get that top-flight D man on July 1st... I could see this trade going down in July...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Just catching up on this rumor.
    Wow - I love it for both teams.
    I do believe that EDM is gonna feel a serious cap crunch quickly though...

For me, the biggest thing wrong with this trade is timing.
    He's old... but Brian Campbell is still a pretty solid offensive PP defenseman, which is the main cog that EDM needs.
    And Campbell was like +30 last year... on a YOUNG team.
    He's still a very slick passing defenseman - which is all EDM needs on the PP1 point.

If they can get him for free, for 1-3yr contract... why part with Draisaitl & the #4?

I don't think this trade happens until July... but if EDM can't get that top-flight D man on July 1st... I could see this trade going down in July...
    I'm kind of with you on this. Subban isn't a necessity, and Edm may want to look at Pittsburgh with the three lines they rolled. With Nurse/Klefbom coming up, they need a Campbell, and then if they deal for a Fowler or something along those lines for much cheeper than Subban, they will be back in the playoffs.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't understand how anyone can think this is a good trade for Montreal....
    They loose a top5 D in the NHL. They gain a lottery ticket (#4 overall) and a young player who isn't much better than Galchenyuk

It's a big big no for me if I'm Montreal. Not.Even.Close.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can think this is a good trade for Montreal....
    They loose a top5 D in the NHL. They gain a lottery ticket (#4 overall) and a young player who isn't much better than Galchenyuk

It's a big big no for me if I'm Montreal. Not.Even.Close.
    Because they clear close to $9M in cap so they can go out and possibly sign Stamkos to a long-term deal. That's just a guess on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't part of their thinking.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Because they clear close to $9M in cap so they can go out and possibly sign Stamkos to a long-term deal. That's just a guess on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't part of their thinking.
    Subban > Stamkos without a single second of hesitation.

Dobber Sports Deity

No arguing from this side of the keyboard about that, but is Subban > Stamkos, Dubois and Draisaitl? That's probably what Bergevin is looking at (again, simply an assumption on my part).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

bahahahahahahaa... whew... ha ha... ha.... Good one.

oh wait...

you were serious?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    bahahahahahahaa... whew... ha ha... ha.... Good one.

oh wait...

you were serious?
    Please share with me how Stamkos is a better player/more important to a team than Subban?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No arguing from this side of the keyboard about that, but is Subban > Stamkos, Dubois and Draisaitl? That's probably what Bergevin is looking at (again, simply an assumption on my part).
    No it's not. But then again Bergevin is absolutely crazy if he trades Subban before signing Stamkos...