Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New Goalie Post (beta)

Software Engineer

Default Re: New Goalie Post (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks. Yes, it's showing my timezone (UK), so that would explain why it appears this way. Not sure what others want, but I feel like having a standard North American time (Eastern seems to be the most common) would be better as it's consistent with the day the games are played.
    Hey. This change will be deployed shortly. I had a quick question. What sorting would you guys prefer? Oldest game on top? or newest? What about IN-PROGRESS always on top?

Quote Originally Posted by Irriducibile11 View Post
    I hope this gets fixed asap
    It will be changed in a bit. If you have any other suggestions, please write here or in discord.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Riasat View Post
    Hey. This change will be deployed shortly. I had a quick question. What sorting would you guys prefer? Oldest game on top? or newest? What about IN-PROGRESS always on top?
    A static list from earliest to latest. In progress games just stay in the original order as I don't see the need to prioritise them.

Dobber Sports Sage

A simple static list from earliest to latest. In progress games just stay in the original order as I don't see the need to prioritise them.
    Since this is for fantasy, I would think it would make sense to display games in earliest to latest and when a game is in-progress order it to the bottom. We can't change our lineups anyway after games start so no need to prioritize them at the top of the page.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Software Engineer

Thank you.

• The changes are being deployed as I write this. Oldest to latest, so left to right, top to bottom. Please test out this page also https://goaliepost.com/probable-goalies . Note: The today/tomorrow/day-names are Canadian time based but when displaying the game date/time in the card, it will show you based on your timezone.
    • I will probably add a slight different color to in progress games later.
    • Also changed top right widget formatting from `home vs away` to `away @ home` format.
    • In player/goalie stats page, it was showing latest games but not 2023 season. It does now.
    • We have also fixed various stats issues, goalie SO, made some stats more accurate (such as using TOI seconds instead of minutes internally).
    • DN is working fine now (after days of work) so we will focus more on GP this coming week. Priority will be email notifications and compact layout (as requested by some of you here), any other minor theme improvements that you may request.

How do you feel about the home page goalie grid being clickable to view that goalie's full stat page? We also want to give an easier way to access team stats page. Should we add small team logos and make them clickable?

The Wolverine

Thank you.

• The changes are being deployed as I write this. Oldest to latest, so left to right, top to bottom. Please test out this page also https://goaliepost.com/probable-goalies . Note: The today/tomorrow/day-names are Canadian time based but when displaying the game date/time in the card, it will show you based on your timezone.
    • I will probably add a slight different color to in progress games later.
    • Also changed top right widget formatting from `home vs away` to `away @ home` format.
    • In player/goalie stats page, it was showing latest games but not 2023 season. It does now.
    • We have also fixed various stats issues, goalie SO, made some stats more accurate (such as using TOI seconds instead of minutes internally).
    • DN is working fine now (after days of work) so we will focus more on GP this coming week. Priority will be email notifications and compact layout (as requested by some of you here), any other minor theme improvements that you may request.

How do you feel about the home page goalie grid being clickable to view that goalie's full stat page? We also want to give an easier way to access team stats page. Should we add small team logos and make them clickable?
    Thanks for the update. The changes made so far related to game days / probable goalies are good, thanks, especially with the game days being consistent.

Can't really comment on the stats related changes/suggestions as I don't visit the site for that purpose (mainly just to see the starters). Hopefully others can give you feedback on that area.

Can't remember if you mentioned this and assume it'll be adjusted as well, but just noticed that the Weekly Schedule hasn't been amended so that the games are on the correct days. Right now, it's set up the way it was before your recent deployed changes i.e. showing games based on my timezone only, not the Canadian time's game day.

Dobber Sports Master

when on mobile the full goalie name sometimes doesnt appear on the one in left column , just the first name .

Software Engineer

but just noticed that the Weekly Schedule hasn't been amended so that the games are on the correct days.
    Thank you for the report. It slipped my mind. It will be fixed on Monday.

Also, I'm working on a compact layout for you. I will deploy the current progress so far so you can give feedback. Please remember a few things while thinking about feedback:
    - this is not final yet
    - any feedback/design has to keep mobile users in mind
    - you can ask for more things instead of just removal

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    when on mobile the full goalie name sometimes doesnt appear on the one in left column , just the first name .
    Can I see a screenshot please?

Software Engineer

Compact layout and weekly schedule update both will be available after 5 minutes (deploy on going). Now there's a tomorrow button on home page and yesterday button in detailed probable goalies page.

I have one question to ask of you all. The boxes need to be equal heights; otherwise they look bad. Now I can do it in two ways.

1. We make a row of boxes as large as the larges box.
    2. We can set all boxes to be of equal height and if there is a large comment, you will have to click to expand.

What would you prefer? Sample screenshot for brainstorming:

Screenshot 2022-10-17 002458.png

Edit: That grid icon on top right of the grid is the layout switcher.

The Wolverine

Compact layout and weekly schedule update both will be available after 5 minutes (deploy on going). Now there's a tomorrow button on home page and yesterday button in detailed probable goalies page.

I have one question to ask of you all. The boxes need to be equal heights; otherwise they look bad. Now I can do it in two ways.

2. We can set all boxes to be of equal height and if there is a large comment, you will have to click to expand.

Thanks for the update.

Quick feedback so far in case it's not complete - the tomorrow button takes you to the 'Probable Goalies' page rather than keeping you on the homepage. Is that intended? I think that should just keep you on the homepage so everything else stays the same.

A related suggestion, is there any point of having a separate 'Probable Goalies' page if that functionality was on the homepage itself? Or will it be the case where the homepage is simply the grid and the 'Probable Goalies' page is more detailed?

As for box suggestion, definitely keep them smaller with the option to expand. It would not look good with all that extra space for those smaller than the largest box.

I can't test the layout switcher yet as there are no games today.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Irriducibile11 View Post
    Same here. The first games of today begin in 5' and I still see yesterday's game.

Okay, I see it's a beta. And I don't care about the color. But I hope this gets fixed asap because imo, until last year, this used to be the best goalie page, but right now, it's impossible to use.

I changed last year from Dailyfaceoff to Goaliepost because you have the better site, but if this can't get fixed, I’ll again need to search an alternative...

Thanks
    It's not a beta testing site, it's a production site. It drives me a little bonkers when brands do this. Just calling it "beta" doesn't mean anything. There's an argument to be made for just getting products out there, but based on the feedback in this thread, this shouldn't even be a beta candidate.

Anyway, do want to make it very clear that my criticism here isn't levelled at the developer(s).
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Equal height, and click to expand for more content. Uneven columns/rows are disruptive when it comes to scanning info, and the click to expand secondary content is a pretty accepted behaviour.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Software Engineer

the tomorrow button takes you to the 'Probable Goalies' page rather than keeping you on the homepage. Is that intended? I think that should just keep you on the homepage so everything else stays the same.

A related suggestion, is there any point of having a separate 'Probable Goalies' page if that functionality was on the homepage itself? Or will it be the case where the homepage is simply the grid and the 'Probable Goalies' page is more detailed?
    It is intended, for now. Originally I was going to work on these much later as other higher priority stuff are still pending but I spent my weekend afternoon on this so you guys can have something right now. Later, it will be as if the probable goalies page is there, freely switch between today/tomorrow (and maybe more).

The probable goalies page is mainly used by people who set these goalies. We'll add more details in there later.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Equal height, and click to expand for more content. Uneven columns/rows are disruptive when it comes to scanning info, and the click to expand secondary content is a pretty accepted behaviour.
    It was even before by compressing the comment text. Problem with expando is that sometimes these comments are very important too. Anyways, if feedback is favoring expando, then expando it is.

weekly schedule update
    This is probably not fixed properly yet. Looking into it.

This is probably not fixed properly yet. Looking into it.
    So this should be fixed now for non canadian timezoned people. @horrorfan please check if this looks ok for you now. Many thanks for all your feedbacks and patience.

The Wolverine

It is intended, for now. Originally I was going to work on these much later as other higher priority stuff are still pending but I spent my weekend afternoon on this so you guys can have something right now. Later, it will be as if the probable goalies page is there, freely switch between today/tomorrow (and maybe more).

The probable goalies page is mainly used by people who set these goalies. We'll add more details in there later.

It was even before by compressing the comment text. Problem with expando is that sometimes these comments are very important too. Anyways, if feedback is favoring expando, then expando it is.

So this should be fixed now for non canadian timezoned people. @horrorfan please check if this looks ok for you now. Many thanks for all your feedbacks and patience.
    Thanks.

Checked how the boxes are different sizes now and I do see the benefit of click to expand rather than making them larger boxes. Sure, I agree that the comments can be helpful, but often they are just confirming what we already see in the status. I don't think that it would be a big deal having to click to expand, but I won't assume others feel the say way as me (with the exception of GavinC who has the same suggestion). Not only will it likely look more professional but it saves space. Plus, you are considering mobile users and I would expect a cleaner look and reduced space/scrolling will be a better viewing experience. If others feel differently, that's fine. If you did make the change to add click to expand functionality, would that apply to compact view as well?

As for the weekly schedule, that looks correct to me. Thanks.

By the way, on the Arizona-Toronto comment, there is a URL to a twitter confirmation but no link. And it won't even let me copy the text. Is this a known issue for these type of comments where you don't have a source link?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I haven't been getting any emails from Goalie Post. I have double checked and ticked off the appropriate boxes and junked my junk folders... still nothing. Any help?

Software Engineer

Thanks.

Checked how the boxes are different sizes now and I do see the benefit of click to expand rather than making them larger boxes. Sure, I agree that the comments can be helpful, but often they are just confirming what we already see in the status. I don't think that it would be a big deal having to click to expand, but I won't assume others feel the say way as me (with the exception of GavinC who has the same suggestion). Not only will it likely look more professional but it saves space. Plus, you are considering mobile users and I would expect a cleaner look and reduced space/scrolling will be a better viewing experience. If others feel differently, that's fine. If you did make the change to add click to expand functionality, would that apply to compact view as well?

As for the weekly schedule, that looks correct to me. Thanks.

By the way, on the Arizona-Toronto comment, there is a URL to a twitter confirmation but no link. And it won't even let me copy the text. Is this a known issue for these type of comments where you don't have a source link?

1. We will not expand the box; instead use popup to display full text.
    2. It will be available for compact layout too. Full layout will have 3 lines of comment max (then popup), for compact it can be two lines or one line max. Your feedback on this is appreciated.
    3. Someone made a mistake while entering the data. They put the twitter link in comment field instead of source link field.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    I haven't been getting any emails from Goalie Post. I have double checked and ticked off the appropriate boxes and junked my junk folders... still nothing. Any help?
    This is being worked on and expect a working solution within next 48 hours. (Edit: This will take a bit more time)