Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suter vs McDonnagh

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Suter vs McDonnagh

Points only, who do you take/keep?

I leaning toward McDonnagh
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Suter vs McDonnagh

I like McDonagh as well. I think we're gonna see him step it up a level. 50+ points.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Suter for me.
    MIN PP will be dope this year.
    29 PPP for Suter on the PP. Add to 24 ESP for a total of 53pts.
    Career year thanks to the emerging Granlund and added Vanek.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think I'd go McDonagh, feel like he may have a bit more to give offensively from what we've seen.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Deity

Ryan Suter for me as well but if I have to guess, I wont be surprised if they arent 5 pts apart at the end of the year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would go with Suter on this one - I think MIN will have a big year.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Points Only League. 10F, 4D, 1G active.
    Keep 15 end of year - any position & re-draft 5 + 3 IR.
    Scoring Cats - Goals (1), Assists (1)

Goalie Cats - Win (2), SO (3)

F - Crosby, Giroux, Iginla, Ovechkin, Parise, Nugent-Hopkins, Seguin, Johansen, Nash, Yakupov, Semin

D - Barrie, Letang, Shultz

G - Fleury

Dobber Sports Wizard

Suter is a safe 40-45 point player, there might be more there in a career year but those are the numbers that you can realistically count on

McD isn't quite safe there yet, especially with Boyle cutting into some of his work over the next couple of seasons

I think that McD is probably closer to 40 with Boyle in the mix and 45-50 upside with no Boyle in the mix

they are so close IMO that there is no wrong answer, so I guess cut loose the guy you think you have the best chance of getting back

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Banned

mcdonagh, especially now that suter's dad passed away.

that could be a big factor. I remember when Shea Weber's mom passed, he had an absolute shit year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    Suter is a safe 40-45 point player, there might be more there in a career year but those are the numbers that you can realistically count on

McD isn't quite safe there yet, especially with Boyle cutting into some of his work over the next couple of seasons

I think that McD is probably closer to 40 with Boyle in the mix and 45-50 upside with no Boyle in the mix

they are so close IMO that there is no wrong answer, so I guess cut loose the guy you think you have the best chance of getting back
    I don't think Boyle takes anything away from McDonagh. They'll likely both be on the top PP for this year at least. McDonagh's offensive potential has been unleashed now that Torts is no longer in NY. He is a stud and definitely has another level offensively. To only expect 40 points is seriously undervaluing him.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I don't think Boyle takes anything away from McDonagh. They'll likely both be on the top PP for this year at least. McDonagh's offensive potential has been unleashed now that Torts is no longer in NY. He is a stud and definitely has another level offensively. To only expect 40 points is seriously undervaluing him.
    But the other thing to consider is that McD is a much better 2-way defenseman, so who would you rather give the more sheltered mins too (including the PP time)? The 38 year old vet who's lost a step but excels as a PP QB or the guy who can play excellent shut down hockey and log huge mins? 43 pts was a big career year for McD, Suter does that with his eyes closed, give me Suter in this case, he's the proven entity. I agree though that they'll probably wind up pretty close in pts
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Wizard

McDonagh's scoring doesn't come from the PP, it comes from even strength and I fully expect the amount of sheltering that Boyle will get will cut into some of McD's offensive zone starts

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    But the other thing to consider is that McD is a much better 2-way defenseman, so who would you rather give the more sheltered mins too (including the PP time)? The 38 year old vet who's lost a step but excels as a PP QB or the guy who can play excellent shut down hockey and log huge mins? 43 pts was a big career year for McD, Suter does that with his eyes closed, give me Suter in this case, he's the proven entity. I agree though that they'll probably wind up pretty close in pts
    McDonagh's scoring doesn't come from the PP, it comes from even strength and I fully expect the amount of sheltering that Boyle will get will cut into some of McD's offensive zone starts
    McDonagh will be relied on both offensively and defensively big time. I think it's a mistake to think of last year as an anomaly since prior to last year he had Torts yelling at him for thinking offensively. I see last year as the beginning of his ascent to the top of d-men in the league. He was already excellent defensively and now his offence will flourish.

I wouldn't assume Boyle is paired with McDonagh EV all the time or that the points McDanagh got last year were the result of high offensive starts since they actually were not. McDanagh's offensive starts were not that high.

Dobber Sports Wizard

first of all I never said last year was an anomaly the fact that I said that he is around 40, which 43 is btw, with Boyle and 45-50 without Boyle should have made it evident that I didn't see it as an anomaly

second nobody said anything about Boyle being paired with McD at even strength or that McD had a high number of offensive starts last season, what I said was that because Boyle will need to be sheltered that will cut into some of McD's offensive zone starts

you are going to town on the strawman here because what you are arguing doesn't remotely resemble what I said

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

first of all I never said last year was an anomaly the fact that I said that he is around 40, which 43 is btw, with Boyle and 45-50 without Boyle should have made it evident that I didn't see it as an anomaly

second nobody said anything about Boyle being paired with McD at even strength or that McD had a high number of offensive starts last season, what I said was that because Boyle will need to be sheltered that will cut into some of McD's offensive zone starts

you are going to town on the strawman here because what you are arguing doesn't remotely resemble what I said
    Who's arguing? Anyway, you believe that McDonagh's points will suffer because Boyle will be given the offensive starts that McDonagh got/would have gotten this year? I'm not sure I agree with this. Again, have a look at McDonagh's offensive zone starts from last year; too lazy to look it up but I remember seeing a chart and his name wasn't anywhere near the top. So it's not his offensive zone starts that contributed to his success last year. With Boyle or without Boyle, he should have no problem getting 50. I think your projection of 40 with Boyle is much too low.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Who's arguing? Anyway, you believe that McDonagh's points will suffer because Boyle will be given the offensive starts that McDonagh got/would have gotten this year? I'm not sure I agree with this. Again, have a look at McDonagh's offensive zone starts from last year; too lazy to look it up but I remember seeing a chart and his name wasn't anywhere near the top. So it's not his offensive zone starts that contributed to his success last year. With Boyle or without Boyle, he should have no problem getting 50. I think your projection of 40 with Boyle is much too low.
    it doesn't matter if his offensive zone starts were high or not, the fact is they will go down and when they go down his production is going to take a slight hit as a result

again I never said he had a high number of offensive zone starts I don't know why you keep posting as if I did

I honestly don't see how expecting numbers similar to last season now that an offensive defenseman has been added to the mix is much too low

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max