Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pastrnak for Sorokin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pastrnak for Sorokin

Hi all,

Multicat Roto League. G A Shots PPP PIMs Hits Blocks Takeaways - Save % GAA Wins SHO

In short Im smashing my skaters cats and getting destroyed in goalie stats (keepers were Jarry and Bob). Only way I win is making up afew points in GAA, Save % and Shutouts.

Ive been offered Sorokin and a middle round pick for Pastrnak. Im thinking Ill take it....

A few considerations:

- I lose Pasta at end of this year regardless (contract up)
    - I was going to sign Tage to 3 year contract at the end of season to replace Pasta's contract. If I sign Sorokin instead I'll lose Tage.

How well do you see Sorkin going down the stretch? Is there another goalie you'd target (Shesterkin owner is a Bruins fan so maybe I could get that, Vas also maybe on the table)

Current Keepers:

C - Mcdavid Tage Tavares
    W - Stamkos Guentzel Konecny Necas Lafreniere
    D - Hamilton Chabot Doughty Montour
    G - Jarry

Rookies/Farm - Zegras, Bunting, Kochetkov, Knight, Sanderson, K Johnson, Askarov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Pastrnak for Sorokin

ugh ...thats a brain teaser right lol lol

On the surface i dont mind this...but unless Bob turns it around (great start yesterday), which is more tight to the team performance that Bob himself imo, im not sure getting Sorokin helps you alone....reason i say that is that i own Helly + Bob + Grubeaur in one of my league and my SV% and GAA suck ...volume is good, even wins are ok...

now will loosing Pasta level the filed in skater scoring vs your biggest coemption or are you still clearly ahead? if you still ahead i dont mind this ...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    ugh ...thats a brain teaser right lol lol

On the surface i dont mind this...but unless Bob turns it around (great start yesterday), which is more tight to the team performance that Bob himself imo, im not sure getting Sorokin helps you alone....reason i say that is that i own Helly + Bob + Grubeaur in one of my league and my SV% and GAA suck ...volume is good, even wins are ok...

now will loosing Pasta level the filed in skater scoring vs your biggest coemption or are you still clearly ahead? if you still ahead i dont mind this ...
    I am smashing the field in goals, PPP and Shots. Im 2nd in assists but I have a strong team that should be able to hold 2nd (I have McD which helps). Theres also no down side to skaters given how far ahead of the field I am. This week I sat players like Hamilton to play Romanov - as I need blocks and hits more.

Dobber Sports Star

Is it true that if you obtain Sorokin, you will be prevented from signing Tage to a longer-term contract? There's no one else you can get rid of?

If you are losing Pastrnak at the end of this season and you don't need his offense, then the right thing to do is to turn him into something more useful and no one is likely to give you a better goalie for him than Sorokin. I just wonder about this losing Tage business.

The Great One

Yeah - if gaining Sorokin means losing Thompson and Pasternak…man that’s a lot to give up.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Is it true that if you obtain Sorokin, you will be prevented from signing Tage to a longer-term contract? There's no one else you can get rid of?

If you are losing Pastrnak at the end of this season and you don't need his offense, then the right thing to do is to turn him into something more useful and no one is likely to give you a better goalie for him than Sorokin. I just wonder about this losing Tage business.

Just to clarify:-

If I dont make the trade I lose Pasta and keep Tage.

If I make the trade I lose Pasta and keep either Tage OR Sorokin (I believe their values are very similar, in fact Sorokin really is a top end asset and Tage isnt a true multicat player. Tage is currently 21 skater in my league and Sorokin 4th goalie via FHG)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Man there are several players I'd drop from your team before Tage at this point. What's the reason Tage is the only one you can drop?

How many teams are there in your league? Will there be a 1A goalie in the top few rounds of the redraft?

I'm a big Sorokin fan and he's top 3 IMO so I've got no problem with the trade itself, but losing Tage as a result really sucks. Can you please clarify why it's Tage or bust?
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Man there are several players I'd drop from your team before Tage at this point. What's the reason Tage is the only one you can drop?

How many teams are there in your league? Will there be a 1A goalie in the top few rounds of the redraft?

I'm a big Sorokin fan and he's top 3 IMO so I've got no problem with the trade itself, but losing Tage as a result really sucks. Can you please clarify why it's Tage or bust?
    The reason I lose Tage is the other managers in my league will nominate my top 2 players and I can only keep one. As I have McDavid, I'll lose whoever is considered my 2nd best player. As a result Round 1 of the redraft is stacked with players who have been lost from various teams. In fact this system is one of the main reasons Im keen to offload Pasta as he is more valuable than Tage. They are more likely to vote off Sorokin in which case Ill keep Tage. Complex, but thats it in a nutshell. (The merits of this setup is a different thing - but we list in a non-traditional hockey market and this helps equalisation with those managers who are less into NHL)

In my league Goalies are rare as hens teeth as are trades.

The Great One

Ok so where are you going to draft?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think you should just hold what you have since it seems like you're gonna get dinged by this election process one way or the other. Pyotr is your future in net, he can potentially steal that crease as early as next season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I think you should just hold what you have since it seems like you're gonna get dinged by this election process one way or the other. Pyotr is your future in net, he can potentially steal that crease as early as next season.
    If I make up 3 goalie points Ill win this year. Like 2 shutouts and a .920 could do it

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Depends where I finish. Ill get a strong player regardless, just will be taking whats left over at that point.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    If I make up 3 goalie points Ill win this year. Like 2 shutouts and a .920 could do it
    well unfortunately this isn't last season when he racked up shutouts left and right and he has a .892 save % thru 34 starts this year. Again, avoid like the plague.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    well unfortunately this isn't last season when he racked up shutouts left and right and he has a .892 save % thru 34 starts this year. Again, avoid like the plague.
    Sorokin? He’s at a .923? I don’t get it. I’d go for Sorokin here.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd make that deal immediately. Here's why:

- You have a hole in net, and can win this year with better goaltending.
    - You're going to lose one of Pastrnak & Thompson, probably Pastrnak, due to league rules.
    - You can fill the hole by simply trading Pastrnak out to change that last sentence to "lose one of Sorokin & Thompson"; plus you also get a pick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.