Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rder-1.5871090

These are the restrictions that someone is hilariously referring to as "the same as Paris in 1941". I couldn't imagine lmao. Just a truly embarrassing sentence to write.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rder-1.5871090

These are the restrictions that someone is hilariously referring to as "the same as Paris in 1941". I couldn't imagine lmao. Just a truly embarrassing sentence to write.
    Glad I could bring a smile to your smug face! You are being more than a little disingenuous though; my reference was simply that you need to have a reason to be outside and could be asked for your "papers" by authorities and receive fines/punishment for non-compliance. It had nothing to do with being afraid of being bombed, only that we are getting closer and closer to authoritarian rules, "for our own good". I am certain that you know what I was getting at, so it's disappointing that you are so quick to criticize. You make these forums a less friendly place.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is just wild, man

I'm watching a conservative from Ontario compare the Doug Ford conservative government's lockdown measures in a pandemic to the Nazi occupation of Paris. And getting rightly called out on it by an Albertan!

This year's "which province is wackiest?" battle is going to be something to behold, but Ontario taking an early lead.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Glad I could bring a smile to your smug face! You are being more than a little disingenuous though; my reference was simply that you need to have a reason to be outside and could be asked for your "papers" by authorities and receive fines/punishment for non-compliance. It had nothing to do with being afraid of being bombed, only that we are getting closer and closer to authoritarian rules, "for our own good". I am certain that you know what I was getting at, so it's disappointing that you are so quick to criticize. You make these forums a less friendly place.
    Yea, in Canada we're as close to authoritarian rule as Joe Biden is to communism. What a joke.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have learned a lot of things in 2020, not the least of which is that a large percentage of Canadians are colossal whiners and babies that can't handle a little adversity in their lives without turning into giant puddles of tears. If something "actually" bad were to happen right now, like the world wars of the past, we would, by and large, fold like a cheap tent. I've basically lost any shred of pride I might have had being a Canadian at this point.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    This is just wild, man

I'm watching a conservative from Ontario compare the Doug Ford conservative government's lockdown measures in a pandemic to the Nazi occupation of Paris. And getting rightly called out on it by an Albertan!

This year's "which province is wackiest?" battle is going to be something to behold, but Ontario taking an early lead.
    For the record, I don't identify as a conservative and I am an Albertan living in Ontario. I feel very fortunate to be Canadian.

Yea, in Canada we're as close to authoritarian rule as Joe Biden is to communism. What a joke.
    If being ordered to stay at home and told that you face fines if you are outside without good reason isn't considered authoritarian, then I'm not sure what is. You're still upset at me from 2018, when I made that RB pick up in the fantasy football league playoffs after I was eliminated, aren't you!? lol

Dobber Sports Master

according to a ctv report theres some people in quebec that had 1st dose of the vaccine and still got covid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    according to a ctv report theres some people in quebec that had 1st dose of the vaccine and still got covid
    Nothing too surprising about that to be honest.

2 doses are required to be 95% effective, and even if you get two doses, people will still get COVID. You just won’t get as sick. The vaccine doesn’t make you immune, it just teaches your body how to fight the virus. People who get the flu vaccine also still get the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    For the record, I don't identify as a conservative and I am an Albertan living in Ontario. I feel very fortunate to be Canadian.

If being ordered to stay at home and told that you face fines if you are outside without good reason isn't considered authoritarian, then I'm not sure what is. You're still upset at me from 2018, when I made that RB pick up in the fantasy football league playoffs after I was eliminated, aren't you!? lol
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism

This would be authoritarianism. What you’re acting like a whiny child about is a social contract of looking after collective society. We all have a collective responsibility to look after the well being of not only ourselves, but our friends, family, and neighbours. Or you know, we used to, but then we have people like this.

And I don’t have any earthly idea what you’re talking about, clearly must have been some typically “Comish” petty action you took to try and “get me”, but I couldn’t possibly imagine holding on to some fantasy football thing for two years like you sadly have. You won there, good job I guess.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I have learned a lot of things in 2020, not the least of which is that a large percentage of Canadians are colossal whiners and babies that can't handle a little adversity in their lives without turning into giant puddles of tears. If something "actually" bad were to happen right now, like the world wars of the past, we would, by and large, fold like a cheap tent. I've basically lost any shred of pride I might have had being a Canadian at this point.
    Totally agree, people don't know what a real emergency or disaster could end up looking like. It's amazing to me how fragile and detached from reality the mental state of a the general population is these days.

Dobber Sports All-Star

The only thing surprising about that is if it didn't happen. The first dose does not give a person immunity. Boosts the system quite well against the virus, but there is a reason it takes two doses.

I would add there will even be a few people who get ill from Covid even after receiving both doses. A very small number of people, but it won't be zero. The scientists have already told us this.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Totally agree, people don't know what a real emergency or disaster could end up looking like. It's amazing to me how fragile and detached from reality the mental state of a the general population is these days.
    Completely agree

Dobber Sports All-Star

Completely agree
    I will third this. Adults behaving like selfish children. They cry for their individual "rights" while shirking any sense of their societal responsibility.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    This really hit home. So many of my friends that see themselves as tough, rugged Canadians have been reduced to whiny little pussies who do nothing but complain and argue because they aren't getting their way. "I don't wanna golf with the stupid new rules." Okaaayy, see ya later then I guess. A nation full of petulant children who are clearly unaware of how good they've had it their whole lives.