Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    I could see it if someone were a dual citizen, but it's kinda silly to be defending/promoting the guy if he's not our leader.
    lol, at first glance I thought we were talking about Scheer, dual citizenship and all. I wonder if he has a secret Republican membership card?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    lol, at first glance I thought we were talking about Scheer, dual citizenship and all. I wonder if he has a secret Republican membership card?
    The weirdest faux scandal the Liberal party has ever tried to make an issue.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes... this is the Canadian one... but there is room for comparison on the illegal things that Trump and Trudeau have done. And what I don't understand is how can Trump be so hated but Trudeau so loved when they both are abusing their power.
    Trudeau hasn't done anything illegal, he has done ethically questionable things, but nothing illegal. Don't be surprised if Trump is fighting criminal charges the minute he loses/leaves his presidency and the protections that office affords him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not a scandal, just to point out Scheer's hypocrisy for questioning other politicians and the GG for having dual citizenship for years, while downplaying his own. Wouldn't it be fun to have a prime minister that could be subject to USA laws? No? Didn't think so...

Dobber Sports Ninja

It would have been a complete non-issue if Scheer didn't bring it up in regards to Michaëlle Jean. Similar to blackface. I honestly don't think most Canadians care (though I might be wrong), but since Trudeau is such a virtue signaler it's a bigger deal.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Trudeau hasn't done anything illegal, he has done ethically questionable things, but nothing illegal. Don't be surprised if Trump is fighting criminal charges the minute he loses/leaves his presidency and the protections that office affords him.
    Straight from the Canada website... so no one can claim its a biased wesbite.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...ction-139.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Not a scandal, just to point out Scheer's hypocrisy for questioning other politicians and the GG for having dual citizenship for years, while downplaying his own. Wouldn't it be fun to have a prime minister that could be subject to USA laws? No? Didn't think so...
    Subject to US laws? I don't think anyone needs to pretend they understand dual citizenship when they do not.

Dobber Sports Ace

That would have been too easy. I prefer to stay away from the mud-slinging thing when it comes to campaign talk. I'll leave that to others to use as their talking point. I prefer to discuss what a leader can do for ALL of their citizens, not just the ones that voted for them. It's a big country after all, everyone has to be included, not just their supporters.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Straight from the Canada website... so no one can claim its a biased wesbite.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...ction-139.html
    RCMP looked into it and there was nothing criminal found in his actions to warrant charges. If there was, the other opposition parties would have not dropped this issue as easily as they did.

Dobber Sports Pro

Subject to US laws? I don't think anyone needs to pretend they understand dual citizenship when they do not.
    As an example, it has been documented that if the US enforced the draft, Scheer could very well be subject to it. There can be many hypothetical situations that could compromise Scheer, but don't try to pretend that you understand more than I do.

As an example, it has been documented that if the US enforced the draft, Scheer could very well be subject to it. There can be many hypothetical situations that could compromise Scheer, but don't try to pretend that you understand more than I do.
    I think I made it clear that one of us isn't pretending like they actually understand the ramifications of it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's the only way he knows how to interact with people.

Dobber Sports Padawan

RCMP looked into it and there was nothing criminal found in his actions to warrant charges. If there was, the other opposition parties would have not dropped this issue as easily as they did.

They "looked into it" eh
    Hmmmm.

"According to the Globe, the RCMP will put any examination of this issue on hold during the election"

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...ruction-claims
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...above-the-law/

Dobber Sports Pro

I think I made it clear that one of us isn't pretending like they actually understand the ramifications of it.
    Well you continue on and not pretend you know what I don't know and I'll continue on trying to educate you none the less.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    They "looked into it" eh
    Hmmmm.

"According to the Globe, the RCMP will put any examination of this issue on hold during the election"

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...ruction-claims
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...above-the-law/
    That's all code for the RCMP knowing they won't find much, rightly or wrongly