Thread: Trading help?

typo88

Default Trading help?

Hey guys, I have just recently thought of an possible trade, and i was just looking for some advice. I am in an 8 team keeper league, which has 3 seasons left in it. Now, Alexander Ovechkin is on the worste team in our league, and unless this guy makes some deals, his team will stay the worste, so, what i am asking you guys is, what is a fair price for ovechkin. I was thinking 2 C (this guy NEEEEEEDS C) and a top 10 goalie (he NEEEEDS G) and a Pick

Now, i should explain some things, in this league, there are about 5 people that REALLY know their stuff, and 2 that kinda do, and 1 that doesnt. Needless to say, this guy doesnt know his stuff, so their is an outside chance that this is gonna work...
    lol

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re:Trading help?

I\'d really need some more backround info before offering an opinion on this. I wouldnt want to steer you wrong. That said i own AO in my keeper pool and you could get him only by prying him from my cold dead hands. Or with Crosby. So i\'d recomend you move on this if you think it’s doable.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

typo88

I own crosby and malkin already..., my Centers are deep, I have fluery/lehtonen already in G, i just need to improve my W. Hence, AO

Dobber Sports Novice

who are the guys you are considering offering? who is available to move for you?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

not sure what these other GMs are thinking. if you already own crosby and malkin and you came to my door looking for AO i\'d either be laughing my ass off as i closed it or telling you to leave malkin behind when you pick up AO. are they offering you the golden chalice with your name on it before the season even starts cause it sounds like they might as well lol.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

do you offer candy to young girls as well!?....just a joke.why not help the poor smuck out and explain to him that he either trades ao for backstrom , price and a veteran like sakic or he builds around his star and hopes for the best.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Give us your roster Typo - it helps make better comments.

Otherwise in the absence of that info - I would say in a keeper that you need to bring a load to be fair in getting AO - I think a very good youngish centre (Briere, Gomez, H. Sedin, P Bergeron) plus a tier 2 goaltender (Mason, Vokoun, Biron, Lehtonen) and a first round pick would be fair for AO. Some will say that is not enough but AO is just one guy albeit likely the best LW in the game - this kind of deal fixes some problems for the guy but also creates a hole - the pick is a sweetner for the future of his team.

Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/08/08 00:09

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hi Typo,

To get a guy like Ovechkin, you sure have to give, but if you\'re strong enough to lose depth, than I say : GIVE !!!!!

Many GM\'s in my keeper were upset this summer when I managed to get AO, and here\'s how the trade went down, to give you an idea :

To me : Ovechkin, Chris Higgins, Raycroft, picks # 16, # 23, #31, # 33

To him : Backstrom (AO\'s friend), Parise, Lundqvist, picks # 3, # 34, #35

Let\'s not fool ourselves : when you get a Crosby or an Ovechkin, you get the best player in the deal. However, Backstrom/Parise is quite a combo, Lundqvist is a stud, and with the #3 pick, he solved a big problem. He already had #1 and needed a D badly, so he was looking to pick Weber. Now, he\'ll pick Stastny first, knows that #2 will be a forward and will then grab Weber with #3.

So in the end, he gets Backstrom, Parise, Stastny, Lundqvist and Weber, plus 2 picks. I know the guy that gives Sid or Alex always looks dumb at first, but I do feel this is not an unfair trade : he gets stronger everywhere.

However, I just have to think about this and I know what a win it is for me : when the season starts, this guy wearing number 8, this highlight-machine-goalies-will-need-pills-and-alcohol-you\'ll-all-get-belfourized-kid will be mine. :evil: :evil: :evil:

So if you can get Ovechkin and believe the depth you\'ll give won\'t hurt that much your chance to win in this particular context of a 3 year span, please do. Now. Period.

Post edited by: CaporalRadulov, at: 2007/08/08 01:59

Dobber Sports Ninja

CaporalRadulov wrote:
    However, I just have to think about this and I know what a win it is for me : when the season starts, this guy wearing number 8, this highlight-machine-goalies-will-need-pills-and-alcohol-you\'ll-all-get-belfourized-kid will be mine. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    [/quote]

CaporalRadulov, Love your enthusiasm! Belfourized, I had a good laugh at that one:silly:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket