Thread: Brygalov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Brygalov

Hi Guys,

I have Bryzgalov in my keeper pool. Now that goalies have been moved or traded around the league, is there any chance that Bryzgalov will be moved any time soon? There are only a few places left that he could be traded like Phoenix, LA, etc... I am wondering if I should hold on to him or trade him. I need a goaltender that produces a lot of points for my upcoming season.

I would like some advice!

Thanks

Gate

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Brygalov

Hi,
    Sorry but I doubt that Bryzgalov will land to LA or Phoenix because they are in Pacific division and Anaheim too. That being said Minnesota traded Roloson to Edmonton a couple years ago so we\'ll see. Not a lot of other places to go...Tampa Bay????

Dobber Sports Apprentice

looking at the possible destinations you might want to try moving him for a more solid starting goaltender. LA is prolly still a little ways away from being real good and Phoenix, well it\'s Phoenix. With the way things go Bryzgalov could end up staying in Anaheim and being the back up till who knows when. Is that your #1 goalie, do you have any other GM\'s with excess goalies that wouldn\'t be to expensive. I\'d try to land someone that isn\'t going to be part of a rival GM\'s list for protection and hope they don\'t try to charge to much. hope that helps.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello Gate: Mr. Burke has made comment that he would trade Bryzgalov within his own division. Having said that, I would be surprised if it happened, but stranger things have happened. (Tkachuk traded back to St. Louis. That must have been part of the agreement in the initial trade.) I think that Brzgalov will get traded. Don\'t give up on him. You might have to wait for another month but something will happen before training camp. I am only suggesting that \'on the balance of probability\' it is likely that we will get traded.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

if neds deos NOT retire how can burke NOT trade bryzgalov?

he will need the cap space.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Brian Burke fumed when other GM\'s inquired about Brzgalov. Burke felt they all thought they were \"shopping at Zellers\". He also publicly stated that Bryzgalov has what it takes to be a number one goalie.

The problem is Bryzgalov really didn\'t get to show off these \"number one\" skills this year. The Duck\'s obviously felt he was a \"Zeller\'s\" quality goaltender, and shouldn\'t be surprised if others feel the same way.

He\'ll find his way on another team. But he\'ll be likely be sharing number one duties with someone else IMO.
    Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Trade him....Burke has set the bar too high for Bryz now. He stated as mentioned before that he is a #1 goalie. The Ducks have pretty much said the J.S. is their man. Even if he does get traded, not too many good teams left for him to play on. Get what you can for him. Every year someone flounders and a call-up steals the starting rotataion. That\'s a real cheap replacement. Just watch for him!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanx for the advice!

Dobber Sports Stud

Have patience Gate. He will get moved. Burke is not going to give him away. The guy is a starting goaltender. Burke has said that he will try to move him. If Burke says something you can rely on it.

Do what you have to do but if you can afford to wait, I would wait. It will pay off for you. The guy is good.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi Hockeylifer,

I am following your advice and I will wait. I think that Bryzgalov will be a great starter somewhere in the NHL. I will shop for a another goaltender to help me start the season and hopefully Bryzgalov will be traded at the beginning of the season. I would have 3 starting goaltender\'s for this season.

Thanx again,

Gate