Thread: Poor Eklund......

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Poor Eklund......

Player agent Allan Walsh just tweeted the following about all the internet rumour mongers out there (Eklund comes to mind at the top of that list)

Let's say it the way it is. NHL GM's share trade/UFA strategy with very tight circle of staff. Do you really think rumor guys have a clue?
    This time of year, GM's and people in the know are laughing at the so called internet rumor guys and their breathless "updates".
    Not really a surprise I guess, just funny to hear someone in the :know" saying it.

Dobber Sports Genius

LOL, nice. It's really just a market created out of curiosity and possibility where there otherwise would be none. Speculation is good fun, thats why a lot of us do it here for free!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    LOL, nice. It's really just a market created out of curiosity and possibility where there otherwise would be none. Speculation is good fun, thats why a lot of us do it here for free!
    Dead on. You've just gotta take Eklund with a grain of salt.

He's basically never right, but that doesn't mean I don't at least read his stuff and go, "dang, that would be sweet if it worked out".

And I actually like that he's got bloggers from local teams writing stuff too. Always interesting to see what they've got to say.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The name "E****d" should be banned from these forums and not allowed to be said, EVER..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Dead on. You've just gotta take Eklund with a grain of salt.

He's basically never right, but that doesn't mean I don't at least read his stuff and go, "dang, that would be sweet if it worked out".

And I actually like that he's got bloggers from local teams writing stuff too. Always interesting to see what they've got to say.
    I agree 100%

I always get a laugh when he says "I have a meeting with a source" or I just had dinner with a source"

He rarely puts up a blog before 1 pm. Even today, the day before UFA he gets his first blog up at 2 pm in the afternoon. Its so obvious that he wakes up early, trolls every other site on the net that hasd stuff up early in the am (including what alot of the regulars here post) ...and takes it all and adds his own twists here and there to sound legit (and different).

He is amusing to read though, he really believes in what he makes up and that he is in the "inner circles" of the NHL.
    Last edited by C.J; July 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by C.J View Post
    I always get a laugh when he says "I have a meeting with a source" or I just had dinner with a source"
    I can picture him at the computer with some take out saying, "Ok Ronald McDonald. This seems like a rumor that could happen in some crazy world. Let's post it and see if anyone bites!"
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar