A J Burnett plans to change his delivery back to the one he used prior to joining the Yankees. ok.

Bobby Abreu says he is an everyday player. “ I will not be on the bench knowing I am an everyday player”. Already? When was the last time a player gave management a public ultimatum and pulled it off. I think he is fishing to get dealt. He may be jumping the gun, because...

Kendrys Morales performed 6 “low-intensity, straight line sprints “. He ‘appears’ on track to be ready early April. Anybody else worried by this news. I only run if I’m being chased, and even I could go out this afternoon give you 6 low-intensity straight line sprints. Perhaps Abreu has less to be concerned with, than first thought.

Cory Hart to get reps at 1b. Does this mean Braun won’t be suspended? Are the Brewers concerned Gamel won’t be able to hit enough to play? Are they making room for Aoki? Odd news, since on paper, the Brew is expected to be short-handed already in the outfield.

Uehara still a Ranger, in spite of their attempts to deal him. Could be a very good thing, because Nathan is no guarantee to recover his fastball, or keep the ball in the park, come the humid Texas summer.

HanRam is content. I posted earlier this year I thought Ramirez would be effected by the move to 3b less than most. Not because I think he will handle the defensive demands of the switch, and not because he is such a great team player that he’ll put in the extra work required to master 3b, but because he seems to care so little about the glove-side of baseball that I don’t think his coming struggles will have any effect on his hitting.

Ichiro to hit third in the order, Ackley expected to hit second. I can see this happening, but I can’t see Figgins leading off. Kawasaki? Perhaps. Quite likely, Ichiro will see better pitches to hit with Montero behind him in the order. They have to squeeze whatever they can out of the top of that order. The bottom is panda-belly soft.

Javy Guerra will begin as closer for the Dodgers, according to Mattingly. Are you moving him up your draft list? Me neither.

Wade Davis says he will move to the pen if that will best help the Rays win. That was fast. So much changes through the course of a season, Davis could start in the pen, do very well ( he does have an impressive minor resume ), and move into the rotation a couple months in.

Matt Moore will have no innings limit this season. None was expected. The Rays prepare their starting prospects as well as any organization in baseball. Moore has pitched 100+ innings each of the last three seasons, and is ready for a full load. Draft him accordingly. Compare that with newly minted starters Feliz, Sale and Bard. I think Moore is the best pick of the four.

Lance Lynn will not be stretched out to start, during spring training. This surprises me. Lance is one of my dark horse picks to move from the bullpen to the rotation at some point this summer. The Cards have a few question marks in their rotation, and I think Lynn is the best option to replace the first casualty. Perhaps this is good news in a perverse way. I can let Lynn fall even further on the draft boards before picking him...