Thread: Jason Heyward

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Jason Heyward

What's the future outlook on this guy?

A year ago I wouldn't trade him for Stanton, now I wouldn't be able to.

I feel like I have to keep this guy because I can't trade him and throwing him back to the draft would feel like a waste.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Heyward still has tremendous talent when healthy. It's whether he can stay healthy a full year which is the real question.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Remember, Heyward is still just 22 years of age (he turned 22 on August 9). He was a bit overvalued due to the hype that surrounded the strong start to his career. I think he'll bounce back in 2012.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yea - I agree -

I would be very careful if/when trading J. Heyward in any league he is a keeper in....

Jersey Girl

Two part answer here.

I assume you're thinking about trading him? Do you currently have any offers out there? What are you trying to acquire back? Have players been mentioned in a deal ?

If you're not in trade talks and no trade seems likely, he is most definitely a player you need to hang onto and build you're team with him. He has immense talent, he's having a very good off season workot program so far. Last year he was 256 lbs and admittedly did not have a great workout routine. Currently he's at 235 lbs and doing much much to get himself / keep himself healthier. I think he's highly motivated right now to reach the next level.

So my opinion is if you find a deal that without question upgrades you're team then no problem moving him in a deal to make that happen. However if you're just looking to get rid of him on the cheap, Do not do that.

Dobber Sports Novice

When he was tearing it up in the minors scouts across the board were saying Heyward has the potential to be the most dominant player in baseball for a decade. Like somebody said a couple of posts up he is only 22.

Worst mistake in keeper leagues is to give up on prospects after subpar rookie and sophmore years. We all want it all, for free, right now (just see any occupy [insert urban center] protest).

Jay Bruce, Cole Hamels, and David Price are all players that come to me quickly (after my third Jack and Coke....) that took time in the MLB to start firing on all cylinders. Find a spot on your bench until the little flower blossoms into the holy terror he is destined to be.
    My Team is Better Than Yours!