Thread: Jays

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Jays

Why is Lawrie not being moved up in the order? Obviously he is not a #9 hitter.
    Hill should be the #9 hitter. BTW, are we done with him next year?
    I'd like to see Lawrie start 2B, Bautista 3rd and Hill gone.

Dobber

Wouldn't Bautista's arm be wasted at 3rd?

I'd like to see Hill gone too. Wow, from .286 and 36 HR to this - and the guy is in his prime.

So put Lawrie at 2nd, say bye to Hill, and focus on 3B and a closer in the winter. And this team rolls.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I agree with Darryl. Hill isn't doing much at all and could be easily replaced by a call up from the minors. As for Lawrie some managers are in favor of playing the rookie ninth in the batting order and Farrell is one of them. It take the pressure off the kid as he gets used to the major leagues day by day. My guess is that they will decline Hill's 2012 option and he will become a free agent in the offseason. Bautista is better suited in the outfield, he even said that's his natural position.

Dobber Sports Stud

Did you seen the game last night (2 errors)? But I guess he did redeem himself with the assist at 3B. His strong arm would still be an asset at 3B too.
    Lawrie hitting 9th will not last too much longer. I think he's shown he can take the pressure.
    No need to keep Hill. And yes, lets get s stud closer, one that pans out this time!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    Did you seen the game last night (2 errors)? But I guess he did redeem himself with the assist at 3B. His strong arm would still be an asset at 3B too.
    Lawrie hitting 9th will not last too much longer. I think he's shown he can take the pressure.
    No need to keep Hill. And yes, lets get s stud closer, one that pans out this time!
    Yeah the Jays definitely need a closer. Bautista's slumping in many ways right now, he should be fine. Bautista gets the day off today, just heard from Jamie Campbell on sportsnet.

Dobber Sports Genius

No chance Lawrie goes back to playing second. His defense isn't good enough. As for the lineup spot, they don't want to put too much pressure on him when he just came up to the MLB.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Rookie

Also a sign of respect for the Jays to play the veterans at the spots they do, that's why we saw Juan Rivera and Corey Patterson continue to get playing time and hit at the spot that they do. You treat your vets right and the free agent market will take notice. Blue Jays fans blew a gasket each time Rivera kept hitting fifth and no one understood. Thinking it was designed to setup for this offseason when the Jays actually try and attract some marquee free agents.

Just my Ang-le. Whaaaaa
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

I get that but I'm not sure if they will start spending this off-season or next year. The core is forming and a few key FA additions could really bolster the Jays playoff chances. You look at all the great teams around the league and
    that's how they do it. You build your core of players and prospects, once that's good enough you start spending on some marquee free agents. However, I think it would be great if the Jays tried hard for a big fish in the free agency pool. Imagine Prince Fielder in Toronto, that would be really cool. I'm a red sox fan but since I'm from and live in Toronto I support the jays a little bit. I follow them as my second favorite team.