Thread: 2 Questions: Matusz & Maybin

Default 2 Questions: Matusz & Maybin

Hey Guys,

got 2 questions:

1. What to do with Matusz? I see great upside but the question is: is he worth waiting for?

2. Is Maybin finally breaking out at age 24 or is this simply a hot streak that will soon come to an end never to be seen again?

thx!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Matusz - in an 8 team league don't worry about him.
    Maybin - Great to see him finally busting out. Could be for real, as he's improved his discipline, but actual power is somewhat limited playing in PETCO.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I've been a big Brian Matusz fan for awhile now. I think he'll be an above-average pitcher soon enough. The Orioles optioned him to Triple-A on Thursday. Hopefully he'll get things straightened out. The long ball has been his big issue this year, as he allowed 19 home runs in 175 2/3 innings in 2010 and NINE home runs in 25 2/3 innings this year.

I really didn't like Cameron Maybin coming into the year. He had struggled mightly in the big leagues and was taking his talents to Petco Park. But I must admit I overlooked two things: 1. He turned 24 in April. 2. Playing in Petco Park won't limit one's ability to steal bases (he has 21 steals and has been caught only twice.)

Yeah, the power's probably not coming anytime soon from Maybin. But that doesn't mean he can't use his speed to get on base and steal bases. That's probably going to be where his fantasy value lies (as long as he plays for San Diego.) I've changed my opinion on Maybin, as it looks like he's finally figured things out at the plate.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I've been following Maybin, and he's either in the middle of a hot streak, or he's figured it out. Either way, he's worth a pick up. Either you ride out the streak and drop him, or he's your new keeper OF. I just picked him up this morning.