Thread: Jesus Montero?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Jesus Montero?

What's your take on Montero? I know he'll might end up at 1B on a team not named "Yankees" in the future. If it's the Rockies, that would be amazing.

Say we can only keep 5 prospects at the end of the season. Do I need him on my team? The owner is shopping him. No idea what for yet, but he has a bunch of prospects and can't keep them all.

Keep in mind Sandoval will be eligible for 1B with one more start.

I also plan on either picking up Gary Sanchez or drafting him next year.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Montero's value is lowering each day. Talks of his long term position and the fact that he's hitting for no power is making any Montero owner antsy. That being said, if you can get him for cheaper, than someone to take a chance on.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Montero might be fading a bit but depending on which team he ends up with his value could spike. On quite a few teams Montero would be a starting first baseman or a hybrid DH/1B. With Tex in New York Montero won't get much playing time and the Yanks have been willing to include him in several trades over the past few years.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Montero's struggles are nothing short of confounding. He hit .289 with 21 home runs, a slugging percentage of .517 and 75 RBIs in AAA last year -- at the age of 20. With the notable exception of this year, Montero's track record in the minors suggests he'll be an above-average hitter in the big leagues. I trust the talent over the numbers in this case. He's a trade target in keeper leaguees.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Interesting. Thanks guys. I'll see what he wants anyway. If it's not much I'll consider it.