Thread: Need help figuring out this mess

Default Need help figuring out this mess

First of all, i am crushing my league. I am 65-30-5 with a 15 game lead in my division and an 8.5 game lead on second place.

That being said, major issues have come up.

1. Injuries

With 2 DL spots, i have 5 players on the DL.

2. What to do with the underachievers (Rios, Dunn, Alverez)

Is it time to cut loose at least one of these guys?

3. Waiver

I am number one on my waiver wire. I listened to suggestions earlier when Leo Nunez was on the waiver in my league and i listened and let him pass. Now Chipper is on the waiver, do i wait again and hope for someone huge before seasons end or take Chipper in a position i need right now.

I do have room to wait for these guys to heal with such a big lead but there is an extra 50 bucks for regular season winner and i would like to claim that.

I could use all the suggestions i can get

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hey Thibaulm, if money's on the line, you have to make the claim for Chipper.

As for your DL slot, I'd actually drop Jeter, who's on a steep decline and barely playing above replacement level.

How have you been doing the past week or two? With so many DL slots, your job is to just hold down the fort until your guys come back healthy.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Novice

I love that #1 waiver spot... especially in one-year leagues where teams that are out of it may do something rash & stupid.

Can you give us a list of everybody available at 3B?

My team is/was in a similar situation.
    Chipper Jones was available... but also Moustakas & Mark Reynolds were available and advised.
    I ended up going with Eduardo Nunez in my H2H league simply because he was in the Sunday Night 8pm game and I could make a very late start/sit decision with him. In ESPN league, Nunez qualifies at SS/3B and gives you some nice SBs out of that 3B slot! He's probably available and you can also consider that he will play until Jeter is off the DL. (Long term, I'll probably settle on Moustakas/Reynolds... but they aren't hot so they should remain available.)

The Braves consistently sit Chipper on Sundays.
    (FYI. In H2H leagues... he won't be available for critical Sunday decisions)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by thibaulm View Post
    First of all, i am crushing my league. I am 65-30-5 with a 15 game lead in my division and an 8.5 game lead on second place.

That being said, major issues have come up.

1. Injuries

With 2 DL spots, i have 5 players on the DL.

2. What to do with the underachievers (Rios, Dunn, Alverez)

Is it time to cut loose at least one of these guys?

3. Waiver

I am number one on my waiver wire. I listened to suggestions earlier when Leo Nunez was on the waiver in my league and i listened and let him pass. Now Chipper is on the waiver, do i wait again and hope for someone huge before seasons end or take Chipper in a position i need right now.

I do have room to wait for these guys to heal with such a big lead but there is an extra 50 bucks for regular season winner and i would like to claim that.

I could use all the suggestions i can get
    Your team is stacked, I'd grab Chipper for sure and drop Alvarez who is mostly relevant in keeper/dynasty formats. Not much to worry about here, looks like a championship caliber club to me. I'm not a Yankee fan and far from it, but I wouldn't drop Jeter.

available 3B are Cuddyer, McGehee, Figgins, Headley, Murphy, Wigginton, Carroll so nothing that stands out. I just wish David Wright would get back in there so i didnt have to make this decision.

Cuddyer is on a major tear right now, the rest i wouldn't consider too much.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Cuddyer and Wigginton are the players I like to own. They're not very sexy players - you know what you're getting with them, but they qualify at almost all positions. I'd pick up Cuddyer before Chipper simply because of the eligibility, but with the streak he's on, makes it even easier to select.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Novice

I second Cuddyer.
    I have him in my ESPN pool... at 1B. (He qualifies at 1B/2B/OF in ESPN, and +3B in Yahoo!)

Over his last 30 days, he's .318 5 HR, 17 RBI, 4 SB.
    For the 15day ESPN Player Rater, he has a PR = 11.51.

This ranks him 4th among ALL 1B.
    This ranks him 2nd among ALL 2B.
    This would rank him 1st among ALL 3B. (if he qualified in ESPN at 3B)

With Joe Mauer back, there should be even more opportunities for the Twins offense to score.