Thread: Kimbrel or Morrow?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kimbrel or Morrow?

i know one is a starter and one a closer, but I am sure i could fetch either with D.Brown (OF) in a trade. Who is a better buy?
    I feel Brown is my worst bat (OF) and feel he's the lowest on the pole (1 yr pool) to do a trade for either. Morrow never gets wins, Kimbrels job is in trouble.

Do I try either or keep Brown and move Zobrist for an upper SP (Kershaw, Greinke)?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Both have good upside, but if you ask anyone who'd they rather have, a starter or a reliever, 99% of the time you want the starter.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

I hadn't heard that Kimbrel's job was in danger, actually quite the opposite. Yeah, he's had a few rough outtings but he's still the man in Atlanta. His ERA and WHIP aren't hurting his value and his K rate is unreal plus he's putting up solid save numbers. Contrast this to Morrow who's only value at this point is that he's striking people out. All other peripherals are garbage. I don't think he's as bad as his numbers suggest but I also don't think he's as good as many give him credit for (and I'm a Jays fan who's watched him plenty). He seem incapable of pitching deep into games, he plays in a very tough division on a mediocre team. All this adds up to a pitcher who's going to pile up the K's and not much else.

To me this is a no-brainer pick for Kimbrel but I'd trade Brown for either of them.

Guess I'm the 1% who wants a star closer over a middle of the road starter.

To answer your last question. If Zobrist gets you Kershaw or Grienke I want you to be the first to congratulate you. Welll done!