Thread: Streamers are for Losers!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Streamers are for Losers!

Indeed, if you're thinking of streaming pitchers, you really are lacking pitching. This thread is for people like me who might be in a pickle and need advice on whether to spot start a pitcher for the next day. I'll try and do my best to update this, but in the event I don't have time, if you want to know about a specfic starter or if you're looking for "re-assurance" on a particular matchup you're abotu to play, post it here and Ang or any of your mates can give you advice (unless you're in the same league.)

This thread may have more use to you on Saturday and if you’re in a H2H matchup and need a hailmary for Sunday’s games like I needed for today.

Confidence Factor is a rating of 1-10, 1 being Don't listen to me, 10 being Listen and take a chance on if you need those ratios.

Just remember, buyer beware!

Monday May 30, 2011

Nick Blackburn MIN versus the Tigers: The Tigers have lost three straight so far, (second game of double header to be played later tonight) and Blackburn is 3-1 over the last three starts. He hasn't allowed more than two runs in the Month of May and has a surprising amount of strikeouts during that time. Well surprising amount for Nick Blackburn. Confidence Factor: 8

Livan Hernandez WAS versus the Phillies: Not expecting a win here since he’s going up against Doc Halladay, but he has thrown three straight quality starts and has respectable numbers lifetime versus the Phillies. Confidence Factor: 7

Rodrigo Lopez CHC versus the Astros: Recently acquired from the Braves, Lopez went 6-1 with a 2.59 ERA in AAA, and will look to go up 7-1 versus the might as well be triple A Houston Astros. Confidence Factor: 7

Doug Fister SEA versus the Orioles: Despite having four runs scored against him in his last outing, he was pretty good. Three straight good starts, he might have just have it in him to steal one from the O’s. Confidence Factor: 7

Jake Arrieta BAL versus the Mariners: He might not be available in your league, but if he is, he’s also a very good bet for a quality start against the lowly Mariners. Four of his last five starts have been dominant. Confidence Factor: 9
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Novice

LOL. I love it.

I've actually found that I learn a lot from streaming pitchers. The players on your fantasy team are the one's you pay greatest attention to - which means that grabbing a pitcher, even for one start, makes you knowledgeable about them... which gives you some good fantasy knowledge.

Looking forward to this thread!!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Tuesday May 31, 2011

Alfredo Aceves BOS versus the Tigers: In his two wins as a starter, has not allowed more than a run, including a win his last time out versus the Tigers. Confidence Factor: 6

James McDonald PIT versus the Mets: Take out one bad game where he allowed five runs in four innings, and he hasn't allowed more than two runs over the past five games. Confidence Factor: 7

Mike Minor ATL versus the Padres: One of Atlanta's premier pitching prospects goes up against an offensively challanged Padres. Whether he can get past the five inning mark remains to be seen. Confidence Factor: 7

Jordan Lyles HOU versus the Cubs: Houston's top prospect gets the call versus the Cubs. Confidence Factor: 4

Joel Pineiro LAA versus the Royals: Groundballer with superb control. Confidence factor: 7

Jeff Francis KC versus the Angels: See Joel Pineiro. Just needs to control the homerun ball. Confidence Factor: 8

Freddy Garcia NYY versus the A's: He's been able to keep some good offensive teams in check as a starter this year. Confidence Factor: 6

Jeremy Guthrie BAL versus the Mariners: Like the matchup and Guthrie has thrown into the seventh inning the passed three games. Confidence Factor: 8
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec