Thread: brandon belt

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default brandon belt

should i add this guy to my dynasty team instead of smoak as posey is injured now and might call him up

I personally prefer Belt over Smoak and it seems official that Belt is on his way up BUT according to the reports its not clear what role Belt is gonna have / how long he will be up for.

All in all if you looking for a simple stash then yeah id do it but if your looking for a guy to step in and contribute you might be better off with smoak (while monitoring the Belt situation at the same time)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I prefer Justin Smoak to Brandon Belt, but it's really, really close. A case can be made for Belt because of his speed (he stole 22 bases across three levels of the minor leagues in 2010). But Smoak had the higher pedigree coming into the pros, he's proven himself capable of hitting big-league pitching and has a long track record of success in the pros (when compared to Belt).

Hope that helps!

Mike Schmidt

DobberBaseball Writer

Dobber Sports Rookie

Agree with Mike, Belt really needs to stay in the minors the full year, but the Giants are desperate.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec