Thread: 14 team dynasty league: drafted. Feedback welcome

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 14 team dynasty league: drafted. Feedback welcome

It's H2H points, so basically everything a player does matters.

Weekly starts.

I can list the entire league structure if you want to see it for a better idea of how things are setup. We keep every player and have 2 minor league spots. Next year's draft will be minor league only.

Anyway, here's what I drafted:

C - Ianetta
    1B - Fielder
    2B - Pedroia
    SS - Tulowitzki
    3B - Sandoval
    OF - Stanton
    OF - Chris Young
    OF - Stubbs

Util - Konerko

BN - Tabata
    BN - Torres
    BN - Ka'Aihue
    BN - Borjous
    BN - Morel

SP - J Johnson
    SP - Hanson
    SP - Gallardo
    SP - Floyd

RP - Axford
    RP - Matt Thornton

BN - C.J. Wilson
    BN - Anibal Sanchez
    BN - Minor
    BN - J. Zimmerman

-I waited forever to get a 3rd basemen after all the top tier guys went early. I managed to snag Pablo in maybe round 10 or so. Could be great value and he can slot in at 1B too.

-I think I picked up Konerko in round 13 or 14. I know he's old(er), but he'll help give me a shot this year with his power. Not bad for Util power if I need it.

-I got JZimm in about the 22nd round. I was shocked he was still available.

-People started nabbing SP real early. Halladay went 1st round. Lincecum, Lee went 2nd. I think my rotation and backups are fine.

-I'm not 100% sure on the ages of everyone, but I think I have a pretty young team considering (with the exception of Konerko).

Do you see any glaring moves I should make? Upgrade at C maybe?

Feedback appreciated

Thanks

Dobber Sports Rookie

Excellent draft. Have power, power/speed, and some speed guy(s) in that lineup with a very good looking pitching lineup.

I don't trust Iannetta, and not the biggest fan of Morel, but hold off for now unless there are guys on the wire you can't resist.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks

I think Morel was my last pick of the draft. I just wanted to have someone backing up Panda. There are other 3B out there...but they're pretty bad. One guy drafted A Rod and Longo and HATES Yankees/A Rod, so he put him on the block already. I might be able to pick him up but I'd prefer not to pay too much for someone his age...

As for catchers...again, slim pickings. Carlos Ruiz might be available. Hundley, Barajas, Hernandez, any catcher from Pittsburgh. Any of those an upgrade?

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm a big Carlos Ruiz fan, and think there's potential for a breakout.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

GBThrasher

Ruiz is a steadier option at catcher. He improved his offensive stats the past three years while Iannetta is a big risk. Don't forget he's a career .234 hitter!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree Ianneta is a risk at this point, but unless you get one of the top catching options, I'd rather take a shot at a guy who could give you 20 long balls than a guy who'll definitely give you 10.

I'd say see how Iannata starts the season before making a move, unless you can land a Posey/Mauer/McCann type in a deal of course. But with the way you drafted (very solid), you can afford to gamble at catcher. If it pays off, you're even better, if it doesn't well it won't cost you much to get a replacement.