Thread: Tkachuk Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tkachuk Trade

Would Tkachuk be a better player to have on my team during my playoff run than one of these players? If so, which one?

Kunitz
    Langkow
    Erat
    Tucker

Thanks in advance for the advice!
    12 Team, CBS H2H league, compete each week in these categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM) (Goalies - 0.2 per save, 3pts SO, 5pts W)

F - Datsyuk, Plekanec, Jagar, Ovechkin, Kadri, Gagner, Van Reimsdyk, M. Koivu
    D - Chara, Spurgeon, Green, Schultz, Kronwall
    G - Rask, Fleury, Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Tkachuk Trade

Thas definitely a tough choice to make. Depending on when your list is due(i\'d think at the end of the regular season) you will have plenty of time to see how Tkachuk is gelling in Atlanta. If for any reason you have doubts i\'d go Langkow. I think Calgary is designed for a longer run than Atlanta but only because of Atlanta\'s lack of experience in the playoffs. One thing to consider with Atlanta though is that as a fresh team in the real season they could just start a run and it snowballs into a Finals appearance. That team has a ton of potential to score a lot of goals(look at their earlier season performances) and if that happens Tkachuk stands a good chance of being in on them.
    On the flip side Langkow has had a career year but you just never know who he\'s going to be playing with. Having a supporting cast of Iginla, Huselius and Tanguay though can\'t hurt. I think it comes down to who you think is going to go further and then base your decision on that. But by no means take my opinion on the matter, hopefully some guys with more knowledge will have some posts for you as well. GL with your decision, hope it works out well for you.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

srry about that my comp seems to have frozen up and doubled the reply lol. Not sure how that happened so i fixed it with this.

Post edited by: 87Flyer, at: 2007/03/07 10:09
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

I sort of like langkow a bit more than Tkachuk, since Langkow\'s been pretty consistant all year. Tkachuk could put up big points with Atlanta, but Langkow plays even strength with Tanguay, and one of the hottest players out there in Iginla, and on the powerplay with Iginla, Tanguay, Phaneuf, and Huselius. How can you go wrong with that?

Atlanta\'s just a mess this year. I haven\'t been impressed with their management at all... How you let Marc Savard go when all he wanted was 5 million is BEYOND me. Hossa, and Lehtonen at times, have been the only bright spots on this team so far this year. Kovalchuk seems like a shadow of his former self without savard there.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Teixeira

..anybody gettin ready to trade this guy or will he break out of his god awful start?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he'll break out...he's too good not to. I've been trying to buy low off someone...don't be that guy in your pool haha

imported_shallowfrozenwater

you'll regret moving him if you choose to, and you won't get nearly enough back if you're selling low

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

DO NOT MOVE TEIXEIRA.

Look at the guy's history. He is horrible in April every season. Now is the time to buy low if you can! I know I'm trying hard.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Exactly what Slink is saying. He always starts off slow.