Thread: Jason Allison\'s return

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jason Allison\'s return

Allison said he is returning this year and feels like a new man...
    Where, if anywhere, and what do you guys see him doing point wise if he does return? Is there a place for him in todays league?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re:Jason Allison\'s return

If I were him, I\'d swallow my pride, get on my hands and knees and beg Washington to take him back at the veteran minimum plus incentives. Then I\'d park myself in front of the net every time Ovechkin fired the puck. Then again I\'m not him so what do I really know. It should also be noted that I traded away a bunch of players for him the before his last good year (like LeClair, Nolan, and couple of other decent players I do not recall).

I don\'t think the league will even look at him as an option until all other avenues are exhausted (including Yashin). Then he may actually have a chance. I\'m not good at this but say 40-45 pts, 50-55 if he can get himself on a 1st or second line.

I hear the \"I\'m fresh - never felt better\" speech from every aging NFLer at the end of their career. Did he also say that he actually found away to improve his speed and reduce his defensive liabilities.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'d love to see Allison take another crack at it..... I think at his best, he was one of the best passers in the league over the last 15 years. Now, can his skating keep up? I don\'t know, but it\'d be interesting to see him sign for the league minimum and go to a team like Atlanta or Washington. I think he could help guys like Ovechkin and Kovalchuk on the powerplay.
    Six-Team League (8 keepers; 25-player roster; minimum of 4 defencemen; 1 team/goalies; bottom five players do not count in point totals)
    **Crosby, Benn, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Kopitar, Mackinnon

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he could be useful as well. He just might have Selanne syndrom and be better after a year off. He should be humble enough by now to take whatever he can get and then try to showcase his stuff with a 1 year contract.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones