Thread: 1st round pick help

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 1st round pick help

I'll be picking 5th of 10. My team isn't all that competitive, so looking for best player (best trade value?) regardless of position.

Going into the draft, the top 10 or so are:

Kemp
    Votto
    Rollins
    Sandoval
    Zimmerman
    Werth
    Dunn

Ubaldo Jiménez
    Wandy Rodríguez
    Matt Cain

A plethora of prospects such as Strasberg/Heyward.

Anyone up for ranking these guys?

I'm personally hoping to get Heyward. I'd expect Kemp/Strasberg to be gone before me, but after that anything could happen.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

Kemp
    Votto
    Rollins
    Sandoval
    Zimmerman

those are the top 5 options that you list there and your pick should be one of those guys if you're looking for the best overall option. Heyward doesnt make this list for the 1st round if you ask me although i have been seeing him go as high as the 9th round in standard 12 team drafts.

Dobber Sports Recruit

We keep 11-13 players, 10 teams. Heyward would be gone by the 15th pick then, ya? Maybe I can trade up my 2nd rounder to an earlier 2nd.

I'm kind of surprised Votto is 2nd on your list. The Zips projection for him is like .290 avg, 24 hr, 90 rbi, 70 runs, 8 steals, which would barely make him a top 40 batter next year. Ranked higher cause of age, or would you expect more than those projections?

imported_shallowfrozenwater

sorry i just cut and pasted your list to show you who the top 5 picks should be. i expect that Votto is 5th on that list.

Kemp
    Rollins
    Zimmerman
    Sandoval
    Votto

Dobber Sports Recruit

many thanks, added rep (tho I don't think it actually adds to yours cause i got under 500 posts?)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Agree with Ian's ranking