Thread: Collusion?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Collusion?

In a league that I commish, two teams have just completed three trades in rapid succession (within 24 hours). Team A is a replacement owner who just joined not two days ago, and I know for a fact that he is friends with Team B.

When all is said and done, here\'s how they break down:

Team A Gets:
    Victorino
    K. Wood
    Wolf
    S. Richmond
    DeRosa
    S. Fieldman
    Carrasco
    J. Todd
    J. Donald

Team B Gets:
    B. Roberts
    A. Lind
    T. Lilly
    R. Johnson
    ManRam
    C. Lee

Team A has been bugging the owner of team B to get him into this league since day 1, and it isn\'t hard for me to imagine them talking about potential trades before he ever joined. The old team A had been inactive for a while so again, it isn\'t impossible to think that he would know this is the team he\'d be getting if/when I gave up on the original owner. Finally, team A is a Phils fan, which could explain him overpaying for Victorino, Carrasco, and Donald, and there is absolutely no money ivolved in this league.

Given the above, do you guys think these two guys are colluding, and as such I should veto the whole thing?
    Fantasy Hockey
    Buy It Now Fantasy Hockey Guide and WIN Your Pool

imported_shallowfrozenwater

Default Collusion?

no money involved so what\'s the point of colluding?
    is this a keeper? since it\'s posted in fantasy trading and not keeper leagues then i\'m assuming not.
    is this an equal deal? no it isn\'t imo but does that mean that someone is cheating too? not necessarily, it depends on motive i suppose.
    is that Cliff Lee or Carlos Lee? if it\'s Carlos then i HATE this deal even more than i do if it\'s Cliff. trading ManRam too makes it extra stinky.
    you should probably realize that i\'m anti-veto in the first place though. i suppose you should have some discussions with these guys to determine some motive.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Collusion?

This is a first year full on dynasty. I posted it in fantasy trading because it seemed more appropriate. Maybe I was wrong, lol. The fact that this is the first year is another reason why these moves have made me think a little bit. I\'d hate to start a league like this off on the wrong foot.

It\'s Cliff, not Carlos Lee. I don\'t care if it\'s equal or not, I\'m just trying to figure out whether these two guys are colluding to win theleague. Why you would cheat to win a non-money league is beyond me, but that does\'t mean it doesn\'t happen.

I am also an anti-veto kind of guy, but when a handful of the guys in my league, guys whose opinions I value, start saying I should think about it I think about it. That\'s why I\'ve come here. I appreciate your opinion, and hopefully I can get a couple more before I have to make a decision.
    Fantasy Hockey
    Buy It Now Fantasy Hockey Guide and WIN Your Pool

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Collusion?

I was about to say its not that bad BUT then again I reconsider. Its pretty horribly unbalanced...i was going to say its ok to trade some good players to get some depth back, but he got depth garbage back. If anything, I would put a poll up to make it a vote so that you don\'t seem to be unreasonable.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Collusion?

It is horribly unbalanced, but the reason I brought up the thought of collusion is the fact that this wasn\'t one massive trade made. It was one very lobsided trade, and then another trade accepted immediately after the first trade was done that smelled fishy - almost like they knew if they did 1 massive deal it would look worse than it looks. Which it does. Guys like Feldman and Richmond are on the wire as well, hence me bringing something up. However I didn\'t know prospects were involved in the trade so perhaps he really values Carlos Carraso that much.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec