Thread: Keeper League Trade

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keeper League Trade

My team is in the signature block below...

its a 12 keeper league, where we keep 6 from year to year...

do you guys think i should accept this trade proposed to me??? (it might help me win it all this year, but will downgrade my keepers)..

or do you think i should stand pat?

I was offered

Ryan Zimmerman, Carlos Lee, Jay Bruce, Yovani Gallardo, Scott Kazmir, Cliff Lee

for my Chase Utley and Evan Longoria

Now that\'s a trade offer :woohoo:

The problem I see from your side is that you\'d be taking a big downgrade at 2B and 3B for a minor upgrade in the OF and a major pitching upgrade......hmmmmm......

I\'m not convinced that this is worth it unless you\'re really sure you can take it this year. I always judge keeper league trades by the best players involved and you\'re giving up the two best players in this deal. Utley and Longoria are arguably the best option at their respective postions. In fact, next year these guys could very well go top 5 in most drafts and for years to come. Roberts and Zimmerman are suitable options at 2B and 3B but neither of them are keepers

-Bruce and Cliff Lee probably wouldn\'t be keepers.
    -You\'ve gotta love the consistency of Carlos Lee but you\'ve also gotta expect his production to start to slide in coming years.
    -I\'m a huge Gallardo fan, this guy should be keeper gold!!
    -Kazmir is a bit too frustrating to put much hope in.

I say, only do this thing if you\'re 80% sure you can take it. Once you get Webb back your pitching staff isn\'t too bad (although Wang could single handedly ruin your ERA and WHIP :P )

Dobber Sports Rookie

How deep is your league?
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

this is a 12 team keeper league...we keep 6 (any six) from year to year...

thanks 4 horsemen....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would help if we knew which 2nd baseman you would use for this year. You would have enough solid 6 keepers even after giving up utley and longoria.

Lee,Kazmir are very solid. Gallardo is a stud.

Carlos Lee is very good. Bruce is suppose to be a monster. zimmerman is playing well.

I\'m trying to think if I would do it cause Longoria is awesome. Utley is pretty damn sweet too but there are a lot of good replacement 2nd basemen out there now. Collapso batting 380 is probably the worst option. Orlando Hudson?
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Prodigy

To DDP: He has Brian Roberts as his UTIL.

I wouldnt make this trade. Your giving up the best two players in the deal. Your keepers would be just average if you make this trade, so unless you think you can win the championship this year I wouldn\'t.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I want to say yes, but something tells me no - the fact that it\'s a 12 team keeper league means you have to look at what potential players he can pick up, meaning 4 extra players he can pluck off the waiver wire. Add those 4 players on top of Utley and Longoria, and you have your real offer. I\'m guessing there are more than adequate players that he can add.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Novice

I\'d say no to this deal. Overall in a one year league it would probably balance out. This is a keeper league tho, and you only keep six. I\'m sure Utley and Longoria would be his keepers for many years to come, but I don\'t think the bulk of what you would recieve would be kept by you. So in a keeper set up the other guy is making out like a bandit over the course of the next few seasons.

Longoria and Utley are too valuable as keepers for you to do this trade.

Dobber Sports Recruit

THanks guys...as much as i really like bruce/gallardo, i may have to pass.

i was only really considering it...b/c what if ryan zimmerman is for real???