Thread: BJ Upton

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default BJ Upton

I know it may seem like an overreaction, but I am nervous about Upton\'s injury news. I drafted him as my second pick, expecting the kind of value that was described in Dobber\'s fantasy guide. However, Im starting to second guess his potential power numbers, and think that he might be overvalued. His playoff performance last year could have been a fluke, and he definitely doesnt have the proven power numbers to warrant him being a 15th overall pick.
    Do you guys I should shop him around, or is he the real deal?
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

rwthompson

Default BJ Upton

7 homeruns in the post season tied an AL record! He is the real deal,Don\'t panic,it\'s a minor injury and he is still recovering from off season shoulder surgery.If you try and sell now,others will try and low-ball you!

I would hang in there,the season hasn\'t even started yet

That\'s my .02cents,B)

amn5hol

Default BJ Upton

I\'m an Upton owner as well and remember you have a stud. Missing 6-10 games will not effect the five category production you\'ll get for a 150 games.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default BJ Upton

Personally, I don\'t think Upton should be ranked in the 2nd round - there\'s a lot safer guys I\'d rather have. Late 3rd Round I\'d take a chance on him.

His minor league numbers show that he has the ability to flex the muscle. The 3 years that I looked at, showed a trend of alternating years of moderate power, with a year of pretty good power.

It\'s hard to speculate on what kind of year he\'ll have, or what kind of player he\'ll become, but if the trend continues, he should hit closer to 20 HR this year. There is nothing to suggest he is a pure power hitter. However I do think we\'ve already seen his potential - power-wise and speed-wise.

The speed is definitely legit. The power I\'m not sold on. At worst you have a Shane Victorino type player (moderate power, lots of speed).
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec