Thread: Wright & #200 pick 4 Johan & (they call me) Bruce

Default Wright & #200 pick 4 Johan & (they call me) Bruce

A friend is on me about an offer he has for his Wright.

He is being offered Johan and Bruce for his Wright and his 10th pick which amounts to the #200 pick. I say he keeps Wright and his pick and if the guy who wants Wright really wants him then he should be offering him a pick! Maybe I like Wright too much but I wouldn\'t do that deal. Anyone else care to chime in?

The trade is in the same keeper league I have listed below. I should tell him to take the trade, thus sabotaging his chances to defend his title.

Here is his team (we still have 7 rounds to draft):
    1B Prince Fielder
    2B Alexi Ramirez (drafted)
    3B David Wright
    SS JJ Hardy
    OF Alex Rios
    OF BJ Upton
    OF Jason Bay
    UTIL Evan Longoria
    BN Lance Berkman
    BN Stephen Drew (drafted)
    SP John Lackey
    SP Felix Hernadez
    SP Josh Beckett
    SP Eric Bedard
    SP Dan Haren
    RP Mariano Rivera
    BN Adam Wainwright

Dobber Sports Rookie

Assuming this is a keeper league.

I\'d still rather have Wright in this case and the #200 pick, regardless if it\'s a keeper league or not.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Would be nice to have a little more info here but...

depends on who he can reasonably get with his pick and what his pitching staff looks like.

Johan is a beast and Bruce is a stud in the making especially at Great American Small Park...

Wright is also a beast but if he can only pull down like Mike Jacobs with his pick then I say do the deal...

Also depends on who he has or can get to put in at 3B...

Dobber Sports Veteran

His pitchers are already some of the best in the majors and being a keeper why not ride out David Wright for all hes worth? Jay Bruce is an incredible talent but I would still take David Wright over him.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I absolutely love Wright as I pulled off a trade this off season to get him (my Utley, A. Ramirez, J. Chamberlain+D. Young for his Wright and CC Sabathia - I had Pedroia as Utley\'s backup to backfill).

That being said, the offer of Santana and Bruce is still intriguing. I would be interested in knowing who the person has as their 3B. If it was someone like an Encarnarcion, Youkilis, Beltre or A. Ramirez I\'d consider doing the trade if that owner also threw in his 3B as Santana and Bruce are definately studs. I also know from experience that you can never have enough stud SP\'s.